Animals Legal Questions & Answers

What do I have to do to open a pet store?

01/03/2007 | Category » Animals  State » AR  #69
How many animals are you allowed to have in a residential area?

02/01/2007 | Category » Animals  State » MS  #873
How can I take legal action on a horse that was left on my property thta want to keep?

How can I take legal action on a horse that was left on my property thta want to keep? See the owner of the horse was going to train my 2 year old horse and break the horse. So he left his horse at my home but the guy never came back to train my horse. We are feeding and caring f...

03/02/2007 | Category » Animals  State » CA  #767
Is there a law on selling reptiles in Missouri?

03/19/2007 | Category » Animals  State » MO  #1737
Can something be done about a dog that does not stop barking causing me stress?

Can something be done about a dog that does not stop barking and the neighbors will not do anything about it?

03/19/2007 | Category » Animals  State » OR  #1747
Does the leash law apply to cats?

Does the leash law apply to cats? I live in Arlington. Tx. What can be done about a neighbors cats roaming and killing bird in our backyard, Pooping, spraying, and coming in our house through our dog door?

03/21/2007 | Category » Animals  State » TX  #1983
Can I sue my neighbor for their dog getting my dog pregnant?

03/26/2007 | Category » Animals  State » AL  #1526
Can I hold my neighbor liable for fees by the city if she was tresspassing when my dog bit her?

I have new neighbors, and I have dogs. The neighbor called the city police, on the claim that one of my dogs bite her finger when she lost her balance and her finger went through the fence into our property. As result of this the city requested that all my dogs be quarenting. Thi...

04/17/2007 | Category » Animals  State » TX  #3145

We recommend that you first contact the New York State Department of Environmental Conservatio...

There is a black bear killing my chickens and destroying the coup. It has also been attacking my neighbor's horses. Do we have the right to shoot the bear?

05/21/2007 | Category » Animals  State » NY  #5415
What is the law on service dogs in the state of Nevada?

I have 2 service dogs, one is a sensory dog and the other is a guide dog. I am in an electric wheelchair. I am constantly stopped by shop owners who say "you can't have dogs in here". I have certifications in an ID card for both dogs and a "service dog" patch on their harnesse...

10/05/2007 | Category » Animals  State » NV  #9686
Would I de considered the owner of all neighborhood cats if I feed them?

I have been told by an animal control officer that I am considered the owner of all the feral cats in or around my property if I feed them. Is that true?

02/02/2009 | Category » Animals  State » MD  #15128
Can the HOA sue me to have my service dog removed since he exceeds the weight limit?

We have a Service Dog and are having problems with our Home Owners Association because we didn't ask permission to have him (he exceeds the size rule) prior to moving in. Also, we didn't get him certified until after the feud began and we were told only a Service Dog would be con...

02/05/2009 | Category » Animals  State » FL  #15165
Is it legal for a rancher we live by to shoot and kill our dog without any notice or defense?

A cattle rancher killed our dog while he was on his property for a short time. He shot him right in front of our daughter. Does he have to prove that my dog did damage in court. Coyotes and other animals are here. Are there special circumstances for knowing we were right there to...

02/08/2009 | Category » Animals  State » CA  #15194
I am liable for replacing the car that hit and killed my cow that was loose?

One of my cows got out of the pasture. She was struck by a car. No injuries to driver, no passenger, car totaled and cow dead. Car owner did not have proper insurance on car to cover this accident. He was speeding excessively. He wants me to buy a replacement car. Question: what ...

03/05/2009 | Category » Animals  State » GA  #15459
If the animals owner does not pay bills for board or vet bill, can I put a lien against the animal?

I HAVE A HORSE OWNER WHO DOES NOT PAY HER BOARD OR VET BILL. SHE DOES NOT PAY FOR SUPPLEMENTS, OR WORMING OR SHOEING. IF SHE DOES, IT CAN BE 4 TO 5 MONTHS LATE AND NOT IN FULL FOR BACK BILLS. SHE HAS SEEN THE HORSE TWICE IN TWO YEARS FOR 10 MINUTES. I TRAIN AND KEEP THE HORSE IN ...

04/27/2009 | Category » Animals  State » AZ  #16154
Limits on Dog Ownership in Texas

After living in my home for 13 years, one of my dogs got out of my wooden 6 foot fence. I immediately called the police department who transferred me to animal control. I told them that my dog was 1 year old and just neutered. I heard someone in the background say that hadn't ...

04/27/2009 | Category » Animals  State » TX  #16217
Is there a legal distinction between a horse and a pony?

I need to find a legal definition of a Horse vs a Pony? Is their a legal definition/distinction between the two animals?

04/29/2009 | Category » Animals  State » ALL  #16458
How would I file a small claims lawsuit in Virginia?

On Saturday, 4 April while walking my dog, I past a home in my neighborhood whose door was left open, the tenant of that house owns a pit bull; Which charged out, unbeknowst to the owner of the dog, and attacked my dog and I. I received four puncture wounds in my right hand; My ...

05/12/2009 | Category » Animals  State » VA  #16657
How is Husbandry Defined in Federal or Connecticut Law?

What is the legal definition of animal husbandry for either the United States in general or the State of Connecticut?

06/24/2009 | Category » Animals  State » CT  #17165
Does a Horse Owner Need a Release Form in Arizona?

My question is concerning rodeo and horse property. We have a law in Arizona that you can not sue for damage or injury due to a horse event. Is this really true and does it mean I don't have to have a release form if someone rides on my property or if they are working my horses o...

06/28/2009 | Category » Animals  State » AZ  #17226
Can My Landlord Deny a Service Animal if I am Bipolar?

I am a resident and co-owner of an apartment in a senior community in Seal Beach, CA. They allow only small dogs, or 'service dogs'. I signed a pet agreement six months ago when I moved in to care for my Mom.Recently, I asked for an exception to be made. I did not tell them di...

02/27/2011 | Category » Animals  State » CA  #24306