Courts » Pleadings Legal Questions & Answers

Why are legal documents required to have a signature and date?

01/09/2007 | Category » Pleadings  State » MD  #260
Can a document be entitled "Affidavit and Assignment?

Can a document be entitled "Affidavit and Assignment? Can such a document contain statements admissible in court and legally assign a claim?

01/09/2007 | Category » Pleadings  State » AL  #305
What can I do if my spouse lied about me in court?

If one spouse lies (gives false testimony) in court about what the other spouse did and/or said, what steps should be taken by the spouse who did not give the false testimony?

02/01/2007 | Category » Pleadings  State » CA  #1201
What is a China Doll Affidavit?

What is a China Doll Affidavit? And what is its meaning?

02/01/2007 | Category » Pleadings  State » AL  #1337
How do you formally answer a legal complaint?

When you are summoned and required to answer the complaint is there another document to file or can you duplicate the plaintiff's with your reasons in the same format?

02/08/2007 | Category » Pleadings  State » SC  #511
Where can I find a verified complaint form in a moving violation case?

What is a verified complaint in a moving violation case? A driver safety instructor mentioned the form titled "verified complaint" to present to the courts. Do you have that form?

02/08/2007 | Category » Pleadings  State » CA  #519
What are the grounds for filing a Motion to Dismiss a Complaint?

A complaint has been filed against me that has no supporting evidence. The complaint is based on untruths that can be proven by the plaintiffs own contradictions in their complaints and motions. Can I file a motion to dismiss?

02/09/2007 | Category » Pleadings  State » IL  #604
What is the name of the form I need to request a hearing for custody?

I am trying to find papers to request a court hearing to get custody of my 15 year old daughter back. I forgot the name of the paper.

03/27/2007 | Category » Pleadings  State » OH  #2198
Where can I fine a Motion to Reconsider for a case that has been dismissed?

Need to know how to find and fill out the correct forms for motions to reconsider for a case that has been dimissed for not filing a paper or credit certification in order.

03/27/2007 | Category » Pleadings  State » MD  #2225
Where can I find a response to respondents objection to request to produce?

I am attempting to locate a form to use in responding to respondents objection to request to produce.

03/30/2007 | Category » Pleadings  State » FL  #2361
Can I file a response to a divorce summons online?

My husband filed a dissolution of marriage last March 16. I only have 30 days to file a response. I have no plans of contesting the divorce, I do not want any of his property. I am in Texas now. Can I file a response to the summons online? How much would it cost? How soon af...

04/02/2007 | Category » Pleadings  State » TX  #2459
How would I tell the court that I am pleading the 5th Amendment?

How do I go about making a plea to take the 5th Amendment. What do I say when I go to court and do I need to answer any other questions?

05/03/2007 | Category » Pleadings  State » CA  #3658
Why would I receive papers for a civil lawsuit that are not signed or filed by the court?

I am the defendant in a civil action brought by my boyfriend for whom I ran his excavating business for ten years. I had power of attorney and was the sole beneficiary of his will. In June 2003, when I refused to marry him, he accused me of many things and was going to prosecu...

05/08/2007 | Category » Pleadings  State » FL  #4188
How long do I have to answer a motion for the Supreme Court?

I received a noticed from supreme court of Stampford, motion for default for failure to appear, judgment and order for weekly payments. I called around for an attorney, but have yet to find one. One of the ladies that works for one of the attorneys told me to go on-line jud.ct.go...

05/14/2007 | Category » Pleadings  State » CT  #4758

Prayer refers to the specific amount asked for as damages at the end of a complaint or petitio...

How often can you use the phrase "pray for judgment" in a pleading?

07/09/2007 | Category » Pleadings  State » NC  #7017
Where can I obtain an order to show cause form for a preliminary hearing in a divorce?

Where can I obtain a request/order to show cause form for a preliminary conference pertaining to an action for divorce?

10/06/2007 | Category » Pleadings  State » NY  #9759
How do I file a response to a complaint and notice of Lis Pendens?

I was served with a legal summons with a complaint and notice of Lis Pendens. I need to file a response, can't afford an attorney and need to know what the appropriate response is to file.

11/02/2007 | Category » Pleadings  State » FL  #11491
How do I obtain a copy of the complaint and motion for domestic violence protective order?

I need to obtain a copy of the complaint and motion for domestic violence protective order.

11/06/2007 | Category » Pleadings  State » NC  #11721
How do I amend a petition for show cause?

I am needing to amend a petition to show cause. How do I do that?

01/26/2009 | Category » Pleadings  State » IL  #15069
What is the proper way to write a response to a small claims summons?

What is the proper way to write a response to a small claims summons? I am the defendant and I have been served, and it said I had 30 days to respond or a judgement would be made by default. What is the proper, legal way to respond? I am going to plead not gulity and I also wa...

03/26/2009 | Category » Pleadings  State » CA  #15766
Where can I get instructions on how to write an application for a writ of habeas corpus?

I need to know where I can get a handbook or instructions on how to write an application for a writ of habeas corpus for a person being unjustly held by the state.

04/28/2009 | Category » Pleadings  State » TX  #16232
How Can a Judge Find a Constructive Trust Exists?

In a civil case, can a judge decide on an issue NOT brought by petition to the court (though introduced at trial), and use that issue to award the petitioner an award if the petitioner has otherwise failed on the original issues of the petition? Specifically, can the judge impos...

07/28/2009 | Category » Pleadings  State » MD  #17847
How Do I Appeal an Administrative Ruling Suspending My Driving License?

What should be the form and content of a proposed order requested by a circuit court judge after an Administrative Review? The Review dealt with an Administrative Hearing which resulted in the suspension of driving privileges. I want this suspension to be removed.

03/24/2010 | Category » Pleadings  State » IL  #21534