Divorce » Annulment Legal Questions & Answers

Is an annulment better than a divorce for a marriage of less than two months?

01/09/2007 | Category » Annulment  State » AR  #276
How do I obtain a copy of my marriage documents and get an annulment?

How do I obtain a copy of my marriage documents? How do I get an annulment? Do you have annulment forms?

02/01/2007 | Category » Annulment  State » IA  #915
With an annulment does the defendant have to sign a waiver as with a divorce?

With an annulment, does the defendant have to sign a waiver as with a divorce, and how long is the process?

02/05/2007 | Category » Annulment  State » NJ  #428
What are the requirements to divorce if my wife is now pregnant with someone else's child?

I was married on July 28, 2006. The next day, my wife refused to move in with me and I have not seen her since. The reason we got married was that she told me that she was pregnant. After the marriage, I was told that the baby was not mine and the reason she married me was that I...

02/12/2007 | Category » Annulment  State » IL  #675
What are the requirements to have a marriage annulled?

I got married on December 20, 2006. I need to know if I can have it annulled, and how much this will cost.

02/16/2007 | Category » Annulment  State » KY  #731
Could a decree of annulment ever be referred to as a dissolution of marriage?

02/16/2007 | Category » Annulment  State » VA  #734
What can I do if I found out my husband is still married while married to me?

I moved into an apartment with my husband, but he had been abusing me and has left the state. I also found out that he is still married so our marriage is not legal. Both our names are on the lease. My name is of course my married name rather than my maiden name. I have not chang...

03/16/2007 | Category » Annulment  State » CO  #1587
What are the requirements for an annulment?

I found out my husband was still married when we got married. He divorced after we were married, can I take him to court on my own for annulment?

05/02/2007 | Category » Annulment  State » SC  #3550
How do I get my marriage annulled if it was an abuse of spiritual authority?

I recently seperated from my husband. I have been meeting with a counselor. She asked me about why we were married so fast and about the circumstances surrounding my marriage. We realized it was abuse of spiritual authority. I looked up the reasons for an annulment in Pennsylvani...

10/05/2007 | Category » Annulment  State » PA  #9716
What are the requirements for an annulment and can I file it myself?

I am 28 weeks pregnant and I need to get a divorce. I am one week shy of getting an annulment married in may of 2007. My current husband did not disclose his mental illness and it has been the conduit for his abuse of alcohol, meth. Not to mention the verbal and physical abuse...

11/02/2007 | Category » Annulment  State » CA  #11484
What is the time frame for having a marriage annulled in Iowa?

I would like to know what is the time frame to get an annulment? 2 months or 6 months?

12/30/2007 | Category » Annulment  State » IA  #14357

My wife and I have been married for only 9 months here in Colorado and it is not working out. We can't communicate and argue all of time. We have no children together and agree on separating everything amiably. Are we eligble for an annulment?

05/05/2009 | Category » Annulment  State » CO  #16587