What can I do if my ex-husband has stopped paying child support?

09/20/2007 - Category:Divorce - Child Support - State: ALL #8922

Full Question:

I have reason to suspect my ex husband has stopped paying his weekly child support. I believe in retaliation for our son not visiting him recently. (Our son is 16 and we live in different states). My question is; can he just stop paying child support out of the blue without consequense? I have not denied him any visitation - he has set it up with our son and I have not been included in the conversations. He will not communicate with me unless it is via attorney. I have not heard from him on either of these matters.


A child support order must be complied with until changed through the court.

Please see the information at the following links:


09/20/2007 - Category: Child Support - State: ALL #8922

See more Questions in the Child Support Category