Employment » Discrimination Legal Questions & Answers

What can I do if I feel I have been discriminated upon at work by my supervisor?

I am having several issues at work. I am not comfortable going to HR as I am afraid of Retaliation. There have been several confidentiality issues that have been broken. I have tried to go to someone who is in charge in absence of my supervisor but I get what do you want me to do...

04/11/2007 | Category » Discrimination  State » CA  #2949
What can I do if I am being discriminated against at work by another employee?

As a medical professional a nurse filed a complaint because I did not agree to see a patient right away. The reason was I had another patient deteriorating quickly. A month later without warning I'm told to come to a meeting with VP of medical affairs and VP of nursing along wi...

12/06/2007 | Category » Discrimination  State » NY  #13504
What can I do if I feel I am being discriminated against due to my age?

I am 58 years old and have taught 32 years (long enough to receive a longevity bonus). I was threatened by my boss last June, when I returned from cataract surgery and an automobile accident, that I would be and have been bullied daily and threatened at work (affecting my health...

01/21/2009 | Category » Discrimination  State » CA  #15037
What can I do if I feel I am being dicriminated against at work?

I think I am being unfairly treated at work because I had a professionally different point of view than a senior leader of the company. I have been with the company a little more than 2 years. About 6 months ago as I was returning from a 5 week FMLA I took because of the adopti...

02/05/2009 | Category » Discrimination  State » WA  #15159
Which of the forms US-000286 or US-000267 should I use to answer a discrimination complaint?

I have to respond to a Second Amended Complaint in Federal District Court. I am requested to state claims of discrimination and retaliation and identify what provisions of which statues were violated and then allege facts in support of each cause of action and state what relief ...

02/09/2009 | Category » Discrimination  State » CA  #15201
Proof of Age Discrimination in Hiring Process

I have a B.S. in mathematics and I am a recent graduate from nursing school with a 3.87 grade point average which was the second highest average in my class of 135. I was also the oldest in my class. I am 61 years old. Since I recently felt I was the victim of age discrimination ...

02/24/2009 | Category » Discrimination  State » KY  #15350
What Rights do I have to Use the Aid of a Disability Animal at Work

I work for Southwest Tennessee Community College. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and have some mobility issues in getting around campus. I am a Computer Lab technician, and I have labs all over campus in 5 buildings. I have trained a Golden Retriever to assist me in getting around, ...

03/09/2009 | Category » Discrimination  State » TN  #15497
Is A Difference in Pay an Affirmative Action Issue?

For three years the custodian (he) of a school distric has been paid in excess of what the business manager (she) has been paid. Job requirements and abilities of the custodian are not even close to what the business manager must know and be able to perform. In the last year t...

07/22/2009 | Category » Discrimination  State » ID  #17700
How Do I Sue for Age Discrimination if a Younger Person With Less Qualifications Gets Hired?

A local company in Illinois has an opening for a certified journeyman machinist; which is what I am. I graduated from their apprenticeship program and was certified. I have applied to the company and sent resumes to various individuals within the company. I have also visited thei...

04/06/2010 | Category » Discrimination  State » IL  #21690