Judgment Liens Legal Questions & Answers

How do I file a physician's lien in Indiana?

I would like to get information on how to file a physicians lien in Indiana. I was told that Indiana does not have physicians lien?

02/01/2007 | Category » Judgment Liens  State » IN  #1045
Can I file a lien for money owed to me against a property being sold?

Can I file a lien against property? The owner owes me about $8,000.00 and is getting ready to sell the property. I have cancelled checks showing that I paid this person’s late mortgage payments. This was about two years ago.

02/01/2007 | Category » Judgment Liens  State » KY  #1385
Should a lien be filed in the county the property is located and who should get notice?

I understand that when filing a construction lien, it is filed in the County in which the property is located. Who else should be served with a copy of that lien, if anyone?

02/08/2007 | Category » Judgment Liens  State » MI  #527
Does Indiana have a physician's lien?

I would like to get information on how to file a physicians lien in Indiana. I was told that Indiana does not have physicians lien? Please advise.

02/13/2007 | Category » Judgment Liens  State » IN  #688
Is it possible for a private party to place a lien on someone's property due to a large debt owed?

Is it possible for a private party to place a lien on someone's property due to a large debt owed? The debt is in the amount of $33,000.00. If so please explain how I would go about doing this.

02/16/2007 | Category » Judgment Liens  State » CA  #738
Is there a loan assumption form for purchasing a vehicle that already has a loan?

I'm selling one vehicle and purchasing another at the same time, both of which have liens. Can you do a bill of sale for $1.00 and assume the loan or is there a loan assumption form?

02/16/2007 | Category » Judgment Liens  State » GA  #739
Is it possible to garnish someone in one state with a judgement from another state?

I need to file a garnishment against a person who works in Kentucky. I have a judgement against them in Ohio. How can this be done?

03/21/2007 | Category » Judgment Liens  State » OH  #1970
Can someone put a lien on a vehicle and tools for money owed?

Can one put a debtor's lien on tools/vehicle, when the sub-contractor (boss) does not pay an employee? The boss always has an excuse for not being able to pay, when he actually has been paid. At present he owes over $8,000.00 in wages, and since the first of the year he's paid my...

03/26/2007 | Category » Judgment Liens  State » NE  #1039
How long is a judgement lien held against me in the state of Texas?

04/01/2007 | Category » Judgment Liens  State » TX  #2449
How do I place a lien against someone's property for money owed to me?

I have a legal judjement registered in Indiana. I live in California and I would like to know what I need to do to place a lien on a person that owes me $35,375. He lives in South Bend.

04/02/2007 | Category » Judgment Liens  State » IN  #2516
How do I have a lien from 1986 removed that was placed by a company that is out of business?

In 1986 a mechanic's lien was placed on our property. The company that placed the lien is no longer in business. Does that void the lien?

04/03/2007 | Category » Judgment Liens  State » OH  #2544
Do I need to have a mechanic's lien notarized for the state of California?

04/03/2007 | Category » Judgment Liens  State » CA  #2554
How do I file a lien against an LLC with exemptions?

I have a writ of execution on a Texas LLC. Does the LLC have exemptions like a corporation or like a D/B/A. In other words can I levy on any property of the LLC or does the owners exemptions play a role.

04/04/2007 | Category » Judgment Liens  State » TX  #2602
When does a judgement against me for credit card debt expire?

I want to stop a judgement against me for credit card debt. Does this ever expire?

04/04/2007 | Category » Judgment Liens  State » NY  #2641
What form do physician's use to file a lien in Illinois?

What form do physician's use to file a lien in Illinois? We were told Physician's Lien form A255 has been revoked.

04/05/2007 | Category » Judgment Liens  State » IL  #2670
Can I file a lien if I am boarding a horse and have not recieved payment in three months?

Can I file against a person if I am boarding her horse and she hasn't paid me in three months. I have tried to contact her but her phone is disconnected.

04/10/2007 | Category » Judgment Liens  State » WI  #2866
How do I stop a release of lien?

How do I stop a release of lien? We made a mistake and finaled to wrong one.

04/11/2007 | Category » Judgment Liens  State » FL  #2974
How do I find out who placed a lien on my vehicle and what for?

I did an Auto Check Vehicle History Report on a vehicle that I own and it shows a lien on it. How do I find out who placed the lien and what it is for? We are not aware of any reason for the lien.

04/12/2007 | Category » Judgment Liens  State » FL  #3043
How do I get a lien on a truck I purchased for a friend and he is not repaying the loan?

How do I get a lien on a truck I purchased for a friend and he is not repaying the loan and he has the title?

04/13/2007 | Category » Judgment Liens  State » FL  #3060
What can I do to collect money from a client?

I own a small business, and have a client that owes me $3400. He signed a contact and an IOU. He will not pay me, and apparently owes some other people, too. What can I do to get paid, especially if he does not have any money? Even if I take him to court and win, how can I collect?

09/17/2007 | Category » Judgment Liens  State » GA  #8808
How do I protect my automobiles from liens if I have a judgement against me?

09/20/2007 | Category » Judgment Liens  State » FL  #8916
Can a lien be placed on my home for a judgement against my husband only?

I hold an individual mortgage on my home and am in the process of refinancing. When the lender checked title, a judicial lien was found against my husband. Based on information I found concerning the judicial lien statutes in Michigan, I do not believe that this lien is proper...

01/08/2009 | Category » Judgment Liens  State » MI  #14952
If there is a repair bill for a car we are repossessing, who is obligated to pay it?

We are a used car dealer in California that financed one of our own customers on a car. He is now in Florida and has a $5000 unpaid repair bill at a Lexus dealership. Are we obligated to pay the whole bill when we go to reposess the car, or is their a law that dictates they can...

01/17/2009 | Category » Judgment Liens  State » CA  #15016
Is it possible to place a lien on property that I have paid for but is in my sister's name?

My cousin's wife let my husband and me use her credit and name to purchase the home we live in now. She has never put any money toward the house, purchased insurance, or paid taxes. She did; however, ask to borrow our equity to purchase a semi-truck for their work. Well, now s...

01/27/2009 | Category » Judgment Liens  State » CA  #15087
Could previous tenants sue us for money they gave to property manager for new apartment?

My husband and I are landlords. Our son has taken over showing the apartments. He recently showed an apartment to a client, received money from them, receipted the money for rent/security upon application approval and then brought the application home for follow-up and approval...

02/02/2009 | Category » Judgment Liens  State » WI  #15125
What is the best way to recover money owed to me for work done?

I made the custom window treatments, such as draperies and valances, for a house that was being remodeled. A designer worked directly with the customer, but she has not paid me in full for the work I did. The work was installed at the customer's residence on 25 September 2008, ...

02/04/2009 | Category » Judgment Liens  State » WA  #15156
How do I Place a Lien on Handyman's Stored Property for back rent in Nevada?

I need to file a warehouseman's lien against a former handyman who breached contract/covenant. He has a large amount of goods stored on my property and I will not relinquish until he pays for back rent, storage and other torts. I cannot find the proper legal forms to be legal abo...

02/27/2009 | Category » Judgment Liens  State » NV  #15382
How do I obtain a writ of replevin to repossess a vehicle?

How do I obtain a writ of replevin to repossess a vehicle that the debtor is refusing to give up? I need to know what and where to file.

03/05/2009 | Category » Judgment Liens  State » AZ  #15452
How Do I get a Release of Lien for the Child Support Lien Placed Against My Home?

My ex filed a lien against my property for back child support for which she has no documentation. I filed a Contest of Lien on January 5, 2009. Her response was a 'Contest of Contest of Lien' (?). The 60 day requirement for her to file suit to enforce the lien has expired. What d...

03/10/2009 | Category » Judgment Liens  State » FL  #15506
Can a bank put a lien on my property for credit card debt?

Can a bank, through their collection agency, put a lien on my property for non payment of credit cards?

03/17/2009 | Category » Judgment Liens  State » NJ  #15655
How do I file a lien on property in New Jersey?

I need to file a lien on property in New Jersey; I have a note that has been defaulted.

04/01/2009 | Category » Judgment Liens  State » FL  #15846
Is it necessary for the Buyer to satisfy the judgment prior to purchasing the property?

Property owned by Joint Tenants with right of survivorship was forclosed upon and judgment entered (Writ of Execution - Mortgage Foreclosure filed. Sheriff's Sale was scheduled and Stayed by Mortgee who charged off debtor's account. The property was abandoned and is in poor con...

04/29/2009 | Category » Judgment Liens  State » PA  #16357
Can I put a lien on a camper that I am oweed storage for?

I own a campground and a customer refuses to pay the storage bill (a year of storage is at stake). The couple is now getting a divorce, one has gone to prison and the other refuses to pay, but wants the camper. Could I file a mechanic's lien?

05/04/2009 | Category » Judgment Liens  State » OH  #16530
Can the bank legally put a lien on my vehicle for monies owed for something else?

X bank has a judgment against me. I own a 2001 ford pickup truck that has a free and clear title. A deputy sheriff from the county came to my house and advised he had a levy against me for the truck and was there to retrieve the truck. I sold the truck to my son about three year...

05/26/2009 | Category » Judgment Liens  State » FL  #16787
How Do I Remove a Judgment Lien in California After It Is Satisfied?

I placed a lien on the single family house of my ex-husband for a $30,000 marital dissolution settlement. If he were to pay me off with funds outside of a real estate transaction (not a refinance or sale) how is that lien removed or updated that it's paid. My ex wants me to sub...

06/18/2009 | Category » Judgment Liens  State » CA  #17060