Judgments Legal Questions & Answers

How long does a Judge have to rule a motion for judicial release?

When you file a motion for judicial release after serving the mandatory 5 years of a 6 year sentencing, is there a limited time allowed as to when the Judge makes his ruling in favor or in denial of the motion?

01/02/2007 | Category » Judgments  State » OH  #52
How do I file complaints against the Judge and Attorney in my divorce case?

I, as the respondent, recently went through a divorce and was not awarded one thing. My wealthy husband told me that he paid everyone off including the judge, and the attorney that drew up our settlement agreement. I can prove that the agreement was modified after I signed it. I ...

01/03/2007 | Category » Judgments  State » AZ  #67
What is the statutes of limitations on bank robbery?

01/03/2007 | Category » Judgments  State » GA  #102
If I received a judgement is it to late to file a response?

I recently received a letter from the judge on my case. It was a judgment, notice of filing the judgment, and notice of entry provided to the parties. The judgement was only for attorney's fees. However, none of the issues were mentioned in the Judgment. Should I file somethi...

01/09/2007 | Category » Judgments  State » AZ  #281
Can I ask the judge to rescind the order to sale my house due to fraud?

01/09/2007 | Category » Judgments  State » CA  #286
Where can I find "Florida Rule of Civil Law Form 1.977" (Fact information Sheet)?

02/08/2007 | Category » Judgments  State » FL  #590
How do I appeal a default unlawful detainer court ruling (non jury trial)?

What are the proper forms and filing procedures for a tenant in Alameda county to appeal a default unlawful detainer court ruling(non jury trial). The tenant did not show up. Amount of monies involved were less then $10,000.00. Landlord filing deadlines for the case were exceede...

02/13/2007 | Category » Judgments  State » CA  #678
What do I do if I don't have the money to pay for a small claims judgment against me?

I lost a judgement on a small claims case. I don't have the money to pay the judgement. My ex wants me to pay monthly more than I have. What do I do?

04/12/2007 | Category » Judgments  State » MI  #2992
How do I fill out a motion to vacate judgment for a earnings withholding order?

How do I fill out a motion to vacate judgment form for a earnings withholding order for limited civil claims? Is there a specific book or books I should read and where can I find them?

04/13/2007 | Category » Judgments  State » CA  #3056
How long does a civil judgement go against your credit?

If a judgement is made by to court against someone, how long does it stay on the books and/or when can it be taken off of someone's credit report?

05/05/2007 | Category » Judgments  State » GA  #3822

Indiana Code Section 34-11-2-12 provides, “Every judgment and decree of any court of...

Is there a statute of limitations on the enforcement of a civil judgment?

06/01/2007 | Category » Judgments  State » IN  #6096
What all do I have to do to prepare a Default Judgement?

09/17/2007 | Category » Judgments  State » CA  #8802
how do I release the writ of Fieri facias on a judgement I collected?

I collected a judgement from the defendent, how do I release the writ of Fieri facias?

09/24/2007 | Category » Judgments  State » GA  #9000
What is a summary judgement?

What is a summary judgement? Do I need to respond to it and if so within what time frame?

10/04/2007 | Category » Judgments  State » GA  #9658
What does "stipulating to judgment" mean?

What does "stipulating to judgment" mean and what is a "Summary Judgment"?

10/18/2007 | Category » Judgments  State » ALL  #10505
What can I do to force the other party to pay a portion of the judgment entered against us?

I am currently paying on a rental judgment from 8 years ago and am close to paying the original amount they asked for; however, they have added fees/interest when I was not employed here and there and now the balance owing is higher than the initial charge - what can I do? I have...

01/26/2009 | Category » Judgments  State » CO  #15068
What form would I use to file a request to overturn or vacate a judgment?

What form would I use to file a request to overturn or vacate a judgment? Is it a complicated procedure to submit the forms once they are filled out?

02/11/2009 | Category » Judgments  State » NC  #15228
What does 'Ex Parte motion for Garnishment Judgement -Denied?

03/18/2009 | Category » Judgments  State » FL  #15684
What are my options to collect my judgement from someone who has not assets?

I am a licensed general contractor. I performed work on a duplex in 2003. I got paid for services on the first unit. I started work on the second unit and did not get paid when I asked for a progress check. The client sued me and lost. I won a judgment of $8500.00 for damages and...

04/03/2009 | Category » Judgments  State » OR  #15873
How do I file an abstract of Judgment?

How do I file an abstract of Judgment?

04/21/2009 | Category » Judgments  State » CA  #16076
Are assets held in joint tenant accounts protected from judgements of one owner?

Are assets held in joint tenant accounts protected from judgements filed against only one of the joint tenants?

04/25/2009 | Category » Judgments  State » IL  #16128
What are my rights when a Judgement by default has been entered?

We have been dealing with a vendor for approximately 10 years and have always had an understanding that we would buy during the year and then place a large order before Christmas. We would then pay as we could and then return any item that we did not sell. This past year was no...

05/01/2009 | Category » Judgments  State » ALL  #16510
What is a summary judgement?

What is a summary judgment?

05/01/2009 | Category » Judgments  State » OH  #16516
Remove a Pennsylvania Satisfied Judgment From Credit Report When Judgment Creditor is Unable to Be

I RESIDED IN SUSQHANNA PENNSYLVANIA, I HAD A FELLOW SUE ME OVER A GUN. HE LOST THE CASE THEN APPEALED IT. WE WENT BEFORE A PANEL OF 3 JUDGES WHO AWARDED ME THE GUN AND HIM $783.00. I PAID HIM AND HAVE RECEIPT OF PAYMENT. HE THEN DISAPPEARED NOT TAKING THE JUDGMENT OFF. WE CANNO...

06/10/2009 | Category » Judgments  State » CA  #16923
How can we challenge a fraud judgement and pursue actions against the plaintiff?

This is about a Fraud Judgment which we didn't know anything about until several months later because our attorney didn't tell us about it.As a result of a lawsuit stemming from a personal injury case (my daughter and I were the plaintiffs and were injured, the judgment was in ou...

01/07/2011 | Category » Judgments  State » CA  #23958
Will a judgment against me in personal injury case appear on my credit report?

If I have a judgement rendered against me in an auto accident that is fully covered by my auto liability insurance policy, can this judgement still appear on my credit report? I have tried to find a definitive answer in the Fair Credit Reporting Act, but it appears to be silent o...

02/11/2011 | Category » Judgments  State » CA  #24196