What are my options when terminating my lease due to job transfer?

03/28/2007 - Category:Landlord Tenant - Lease Termination - State: AZ #2254

Terminating a lease due to employment transfer 240miles round trip from current lease (Tucson to Phoenix). What are my rights.

Answer:

If the tenant wants to end the legal agreement with the landlord, and has a written lease for a specific period of time, it must be read carefully to determine if and how it may be terminated before it ends. If the requirements of the lease are followed, there will be no legal obligation to pay rent after the tenant moves. If the lease does not give the option to break it before it ends, the tenant may try talking to your landlord to see if she or he will agree to your moving out early. You should get any agreement in writing. The landlord may want something in return for her or his agreement.

Please see the information at the following links: Please see the forms at the following links:

03/28/2007 - Category: Lease Termination - State: AZ #2254

See more Questions in the Lease Termination Category