How to answer a forclosure summons

03/12/2009 - Category:Real Property - Foreclosure - State: IL #15572

Full Question:

I received a foreclosure summons and have to file an answer. How do I do that? I just want to give the building back.


I am prohibited from giving legal advice, such as how to write an answer. Generally, when you are served with a foreclosure summons, you must file an appearance and answer within 30 days of receiving the summons or the judge will order foreclosure against you. It is possible that the mortgage company can obtain a deficiency judgment against you as well, for the balance remaining on the loan.

An appearance lets the court know you are aware of the lawsuit and by filing the appearance, the court will notify you of future court dates. The answer addresses the allegations made in the complaint for foreclosure. You need to respond to each paragraph of the complaint. If you don't respond to the allegations in the paragraph, the court will assume you agree with it.

Please see the information at the following links:

03/12/2009 - Category: Foreclosure - State: IL #15572

See more Questions in the Foreclosure Category