Automobiles » Mechanics Lien Legal Questions & Answers

How do I file a mechanics lien and title transfer on an abandoned motorcycle I did work on?

I have a motorcycle at my motorcycle shop that has been abandoned and has a large bill that is unpaid. Please provide forms to completely take care of the mechanics lien and title transfer.

01/12/2007 | Category » Mechanics Lien  State » FL  #352
Can you place a lien against a vehicle for work that already has a lien against it?

I am a mechanic for a used car dealer in Grand Saline, TX. My employer asked me to find out what is involved in filing a lien against a customer. We have a bunch of labor and parts and haven't been paid a dime. The vehicle has a $3000.00 dollar lien against it already. Is the...

01/12/2007 | Category » Mechanics Lien  State » TX  #385
How do I remove a mechanics lien from a company that cleaned up water in my house from a water leak?

I have been served with a mechanic’s lien from a company that cleaned up water in our house from a water leak. What do I do?

03/16/2007 | Category » Mechanics Lien  State » OK  #1636
What are the requirements to place a mechanic's lien on an automobile?

We own an automotive repair shop and are looking for information on a mechanics lien regarding automobiles that we repair, but the owner refuses to pay for the repairs.

04/30/2007 | Category » Mechanics Lien  State » IL  #3453
Can I put a labor or mechanics lien on the title of a vehicle?

We build street rod cars for customers. We have a 36 chevy that has an outstanding balance and we have not heard from this customer in over eight months. I have sent registered return receipt letters with no signed returned card and regular mail with no response. What should ...

05/31/2007 | Category » Mechanics Lien  State » GA  #6064
Can the business I owe money to for repairs to my truck place a lien if they did not do the work?

I leased a truck to a driver. The driver went to work for a bulk carrier as an independent contractor. The carrier and driver signed an agreement whereby the driver would reimburse the carrier for any monies spent by the carrier for repairs made to the truck. So, the carrier co...

09/11/2007 | Category » Mechanics Lien  State » MD  #8630