Drivers License Legal Questions & Answers

Where do I go to print out a copy of the Mississippi drivers license application form?

01/12/2007 | Category » Drivers License  State » MS  #357
Can the police department put a 30-day impound hold on your vehicle for driving on suspended license

When is the police department able to put a 30-day impound hold on your vehicle for driving on a suspended license? What is the difference between a 14601 and a 14602?

02/01/2007 | Category » Drivers License  State » CA  #1003
If my license have been suspended in one state, can I get them in another state?

I have recently had my license suspended in Michigan. Can I get a drivers license in my new home in Oklahoma after a year?

02/08/2007 | Category » Drivers License  State » OK  #585
Where can I find an application for birth verification for the state of Virginia?

My mother-in-law is trying to get an I.D. in Colorado. She was told that she needs to get Birth Verification Form from VA. Her birth home is Morgantown. Please help me to find the application for birth verification so I can print it off my computer. Her birth certificate does no...

03/30/2007 | Category » Drivers License  State » VA  #2386
Can I get a license in another state if they were suspended for bad checks in a different state?

My license is suspended in the state of West Virginia and I currently live in North Carolina. They are suspended because there was checks wrote on me and I did not press charges so I was responsible for them. I have not had the money to pay them so therefore they are suspended. C...

04/07/2007 | Category » Drivers License  State » NC  #2763
What is the legal defination of a warning traffic citation?

What is the legal defination of a warning traffic citation? And what impact does it have if any on one driving record?

04/13/2007 | Category » Drivers License  State » TX  #3088
Can the state revoke a driver's license because of your age?

My father is over 80 years old and still insists on driving. He is confined to a wheelchair because of the extremely limited use of his legs. Therefore, his impaired ability to brake impairs his reaction time. He says that if I take the car or the keys that he will have me arr...

04/15/2007 | Category » Drivers License  State » AL  #3110
Is there a way around getting my daughter's father to sign for her Driver's permit?

I have physical custody and joint legal custody of my fifteen year old daughter. She wants to get a driving/learning permit from DMV, but DMV requires both parents signature if there is any joint custody. The problem is her father (my ex) does not sign the permit because my dau...

05/01/2007 | Category » Drivers License  State » CA  #3520
Can I get a license if I had a speeding ticket in another state that I never paid?

I moved from Illinois about 5 years ago. When I left I had one unpaid speeding ticket. My license expired about a year ago but I never renewed it in Mississippi. I did not have a car so I did not feel I needed to. Now I am about to get a car and I need to get my license reinstate...

05/03/2007 | Category » Drivers License  State » MS  #3695
Is there such thing as a church issued driver's license?

I have friends who do not believe it is biblically right to get a state issued drivers license. Is it legal for them to use a church issued drivers license; one that has all the same information that the state license has on it: name, date of birth, address, and picture ID. What...

05/05/2007 | Category » Drivers License  State » ALL  #3861

The majority of states are members of what is called the Non-Resident Violators Compact (NRVC)...

Can I get a drivers license in the state of Alabama if I have a suspension in the state of Michigan? If not, can you tell me what states I might have better luck in?

07/02/2007 | Category » Drivers License  State » AL  #6842

Authority to pull over a vehicle varies by jurisdiction, but typically police have the same au...

Can a cop from another jurisdiction pull you over for committing a traffic infraction and are you required to stop?

09/03/2007 | Category » Drivers License  State » FL  #8406
How do I get a copy of my driving record without contact the DMV?

I want to get a copy of my Iowa driving record and status but I don't want to contact the Iowa DMV as I have not moved back there yet and I should have changed my licence over some time ago. I found a couple sites this morning but they ask $40 for a copy and I'm not sure they are...

09/16/2007 | Category » Drivers License  State » MO  #8786
How many times can a minor file youthful offender status on traffic tickets?

How many times can a minor file youthful offender status on traffic tickets? My son has been told numberous times that other kids have filed several times but the judge told my son he could not use youthful offender but one time- why did these other youths get to file it up to 5...

09/17/2007 | Category » Drivers License  State » AL  #8816
I need a request appointment for traffic school?

10/18/2007 | Category » Drivers License  State » CA  #10518
Is it true that the National Driver Registry only go back 3 years?

My driver license has been suspended in New Jersey for more than 9 years. Is it true that the National Driver Registry only go back 3 years? Also does my state of residency which is Maryland, issue "hardship license?"

10/18/2007 | Category » Drivers License  State » MD  #10533
How does my spouse get his driver's license back after a DWI 13 years ago?

My fiance had a dwi 13 years ago and needs a license for now to go to and from work and occasional grocery stop. How can he get one? I had cataract surgery in April and not comfortable driving yet need to go back this month to remove floaters.

11/03/2007 | Category » Drivers License  State » NH  #11563
Can you spend time in jail for diving on a suspended driver's license?

A friend of mine has a DUI pending she has been to court four times now and they have postponed the trial due to a problem with the video evidence.She was on the side of the road with 2 flat tires and no spare.While waiting she opened a beer and an officer pulled up and gave her ...

11/19/2007 | Category » Drivers License  State » KY  #12542

The court is going to assume the ticket is legally valid. That means that if you don't pay it ...

Do you have to sign the speeding ticket when asked by an officer? If you do not, what should be the results?

11/21/2007 | Category » Drivers License  State » UT  #12661
Requirements For Getting A Driver's License In Oregon

Can a DMV deny you a driver's license and auto registration simply because you reside in an RV park?

11/24/2008 | Category » Drivers License  State » OR  #14719
What are the rules for getting a Driver's License After Epileptic Seizure in Oregon?

An Oregon domiciled person 67 years old working overseas had his first (and hopefully last) epilectic seizure (full unconsciousness) two months ago and is on Dilantin medication indefinitely. If he doesn't ever have another seizure, how long must he wait before he can answer 'no...

05/17/2009 | Category » Drivers License  State » OR  #16692
Can I obtain a concealed carry endorsement on my driver's license if I had a felony assault charge?

Is a Felony Assault charge that resulted in an SIS and two years probation 12 years ago grounds for refusal of a Conceal Carry license?

01/22/2011 | Category » Drivers License  State » MO  #24062
How Do I Get My License Back if I Got a Ticket Out of State?

I am looking to find a way to get my driver's license released back to me. I recieved a ticket in Las Vegas, Nevada, and they still have my license. What type of legal forms do I need. I've already written a letter to Clerk County, in Nevada.

08/26/2011 | Category » Drivers License  State » CA  #25402