Real Property » Deeds Legal Questions & Answers

Category: Real Property » Deeds
Who gets the mother's share of the real estate company since she has passed away?

Mother and Friend own real estate together. Mother dies and son of Mother wants to know if the Children of Mother get all or part of the property or the Friend.

01/05/2007 | Category » Deeds  State » MS  #172
In the State of Kentucky is my husband required by law to be on the deed?

I am married, moving, and buying property in the State of Kentucky. I have been told that my husbands name has to be on the paperwork (i.e., deed). He does not want his name on the deed. The loan is in my name alone. He feels the house should be in my name alone. I was told by a ...

01/12/2007 | Category » Deeds  State » KY  #372
Who will get the home that my husband owns with his mother if he were to pass away?

My husband and his mother own a house together; my husband pays the mortgage, insurance, taxes and all repairs on this house. This property still has a large mortgage owed due to multiple refinances. His mother lives in the house alone. My husband has not made a will (yet). Who g...

02/01/2007 | Category » Deeds  State » MS  #799
How does my son remove his girlfriend from the deed of the home so he can sell it?

My son and his girlfriend bought a house together. His girlfriend left and said she found someone else and wants nothing. They are both very young, 21. Is there a way to remove her from the deed/title so he can sell the house?

02/01/2007 | Category » Deeds  State » MN  #865
How can two people have joint ownership of a house or residence when only one name is on the deed?

How can two people have joint ownership of a house and land, (residence) when only one person has thier name on the deed?

02/01/2007 | Category » Deeds  State » OH  #877
What kind of form can be placed on record to stipulate title to a piece of

What kind of form can be placed on record to stipulate title to a piece of property? Someone (who had no legal title to this property) issued a Quit Claim Deed to a church and I was told that if I did not contest the Quit Claim deed, it would stand and the church would own the...

02/01/2007 | Category » Deeds  State » TX  #903
How do I get a copy of a misplaced deed?

My father has misplaced the deed to his home. He lives in Detroit, MI. I am inquiring as to how to go about getting a copy of the deed and how much this will cost.

02/01/2007 | Category » Deeds  State » MI  #1296
How and what form do I use to gift Real Estate to a relative?

How and what form do I use to gift Real Estate to a relative?

02/01/2007 | Category » Deeds  State » WA  #1378
How are quitclaim and deed to secure debt different from each other if the property is unencumbered?

How are quitclaim and deed to secure debt different from each other when the property is unencumbered?

02/01/2007 | Category » Deeds  State » GA  #1457
What is the procedure for a 2002 deed that is unrecorded and I cannot locate the Grantor?

What is the procedure for a 2002 deed that is unrecorded and I cannot locate the Grantor to get the deed re-signed. Do I need file an Action for Quiet Title?

02/05/2007 | Category » Deeds  State » PA  #424
How does my daughter add my name to her mortgage deed?

My daughter owns a house and wants to put her mother's name on the deed. How is this performed?

02/05/2007 | Category » Deeds  State » FL  #434
What am I entitled to if my name is not on the deed of our marital home?

My husband and I bought a house two years ago. His name is the only name on the loan since he used his VA loan through the Army. My name is on the deed with his, however. What am I entitled to as far as equity in the home?

02/07/2007 | Category » Deeds  State » TX  #444

You should use an Arkansas form since the property is in Arkansas. Call the county recorder of...

I have a piece of property in Arkansas that is deeded to me and I would like to move it into a family trust. Should I use the AR form and do I need to file the deed at the courthouse in the county in AR when completed? Can I file by mail?

02/08/2007 | Category » Deeds  State » AR  #502
What form do I use to give an owner interest in a home that I own, to another person?

What form do I use to give an owner interest in a home that I own, to another person?

02/08/2007 | Category » Deeds  State » PA  #504
What are the requirements to remove someone who is deceased from the deed on a home?

What are the requirements to remove someone who is deceased from the deed on a home?

02/08/2007 | Category » Deeds  State » AZ  #510
What document is needed to transfer a house with no mortgage from parents to children?

What document is needed to transfer a house with no mortgage from parents to children?

02/08/2007 | Category » Deeds  State » VA  #518
Who selects the attorney to prepare a deed and pays for same?

Who selects the attorney to prepare a deed and pays for same? (Commercial property with no liens).

02/08/2007 | Category » Deeds  State » IN  #575
How do we have my mother's transfer of property set aside if there was deception involved?

In 1989 my father died. Dad and Mom had their home paid for. Mom gets lonely and marries a deceptive man and he gets his name on the deed as a joint tenant with rights of survivorship. Mom became ill in 1995 with Scleroderma and needed dialysis from June of 1995 until she died in...

02/09/2007 | Category » Deeds  State » AL  #598
Can you put a home in trust that still has a mortgage?

I had a paralegal set up a revocable trust for me and my spouse. She told me that the leinholder on my home would not let me put the home in the trust because I owed them money. I only owe one seventh of the value of the home. Is this correct?

02/09/2007 | Category » Deeds  State » AL  #606
What type of deed is needed to give my mother in law an iterest in our home for tax purposes?

My wife and I built a home in Garden Ridge (Comal County), Texas and took out one mortgage (converting the construction loan to a permanent loan) after completion in June. We will be filing for a homestead exemption on our property taxes. But our question deals with my mother-in-...

02/09/2007 | Category » Deeds  State » TX  #608
What forms is needed to show I am renting to own my home in case the owner passes away?

If I buy a house by rent but I do not have any legal paper, except personal paper signed by the owner. Who is going to be the new owner if the current owner died?

03/27/2007 | Category » Deeds  State » PA  #2193
Can my husband deed me his share of our home since we are divorcing?

I'm in the middle of a divorce and own a home with my parents and husband. My husband wants to give me his 4th of the house. Can he give it just to me or does it have to be divided between my parents and me. We are all named on the grant deed as joint tenants.

03/27/2007 | Category » Deeds  State » CA  #2208
Where can I get a copy of my recorded Deed of Trust?

I need a copy of my own recorded deed. Could you tell me where to go to get this information?

03/28/2007 | Category » Deeds  State » NJ  #2247
How do I change my name on the deed for my house and also add my husband's name to the deed?

I bought a house when I was single. I am now married and have legally changed my last name. How do I change my name on the deed for my house and also add my husband's name to the deed?

03/28/2007 | Category » Deeds  State » MN  #2268
Is there a special form for a real estate deed transfer called transfer on death?

Is there a special form for a real estate deed transfer called transfer on death?

03/29/2007 | Category » Deeds  State » OH  #2311
Can the grantee be the same person as the trustee?

The deed is sold to the grantee. Can the person be the same as the trustee?

03/29/2007 | Category » Deeds  State » NJ  #2350
How do I change the deed on the property that I inherited from my mother?

My mother passed in December. She was divorced and I am her only child. Her property was only in her name. In her "Last Will and Testament" she left me the property which is in the value of around $30,000. What do I need to do for me to have this property put in my name along wit...

04/02/2007 | Category » Deeds  State » AR  #2495
What is needed to add my three daughter's name to my deed?

Need to know which form we need to use in putting 3 daughters on a mortgage deed. The house was paid off years ago. Dad recently passed away, but Mom's name is on the deed, which it needs to stay on it, but she wants to add our names to it also. I've been looking at these forms...

04/04/2007 | Category » Deeds  State » NC  #2628
What does the 3E stand for that comes before Quit Claim on my deed?

My title deed type for my house is listed as "3E-QUIT CLAIM DEED EXEMPT" I am the sole individual on the mortgage but not on the title. The other individual on the title has not lived on the property in 2 years (also has not had any financial obligations on the property since). ...

04/08/2007 | Category » Deeds  State » OH  #2793
What type of deed is needed to ensure that I have an interest in the condo I have with my partner?

My partner and I have been together for 26 years. The condo we have is in his name only. My question is what is the best deed to file to assure I will recieve the property if something should happen to him?

04/09/2007 | Category » Deeds  State » GA  #2803
What do I need to do if my deed has been lost or stolen?

What does the law say about not leaving anything to one of your children? Also, an original deed to a property has been lost/stolen. We have a certified copy. Can anything be done with the original deed that was lost/stolen?

04/10/2007 | Category » Deeds  State » TX  #2862
Can property deeded as "Joint tenants in common with right to surviorship" be revoked?

Can property deeded as "Joint tenants in common with right to surviorship" be revoked? sold? or changed in anyway? I always thought it was, whom ever out lived the other would gain 100% ownership and nothing could be done before that happened.

04/10/2007 | Category » Deeds  State » TN  #2881
Can a quit claim deed be revoked?

A friend quit claimed his condo to me. Can he revoke the quit claim deed?

04/12/2007 | Category » Deeds  State » FL  #3050
What is the best way for father to transfer home to his four adult children?

Three people on title, Husband, Wife and Husband's Father. Husband's Father deceased more than 10 years ago. Wife deceased 7 years ago. Husband would like to transfer property to 4 adult living children. What would be the best Deed to use in Washington and how should the ves...

04/16/2007 | Category » Deeds  State » WA  #3118
HOw do I legally have my name removed from a deed of Trust?

I bought a home with someone and as of today I am no long at this address. How do I legally have my name removed from the loan and the deed?

04/30/2007 | Category » Deeds  State » MS  #3427
Can I name the family trust as the beneficiary on my home?

My single son purchased a house in AZ. The title company neglected to ask him to name a beneficiary upon his death. The title company told us that he would have to make out a beneficiary deed to name someone. Does "someone" need to be an individual as listed in your collection...

05/01/2007 | Category » Deeds  State » AZ  #3532
How do I add my name to my father's deed? - Deeds

I live in Miami-Dade County, Florida. I would like to know how do I go about adding my name to the Deed of my father's property. I have full power of attorney and I am my father's care taker. He has asked me to sell the house after he has passed on and divide it equally betwee...

05/01/2007 | Category » Deeds  State » FL  #3535
If someone is on the Deed but not the Note are they still responsible for the home?

My life partner has left the relationship. She is on the deed but not on the home loan. Does she still have responsibilities to the house. I am trying to sell in an area that is not selling and the house will not likely sell for price that it was purchased for. Is there any legal...

05/09/2007 | Category » Deeds  State » KY  #4363
Will all heirs of a trust need to sign separate deeds? - Trusts

If the heirs of a trust sell a piece of property, and there are more than one heir, 3 in particular, does there need to be 3 warranty deeds prepared for each person included to convey the property legally?

05/11/2007 | Category » Deeds  State » KS  #4474
My brother passed and we were joint owners of a property. Does his wife now own his interest?

My brother and I were deeded my Aunt & Uncle's house in 1994. My brother died last month and I want to know if his half automatically (due to common law) goes to his wife. They live in Pennsylvania. Can he be removed from the deed? What would be the form to use if so?

05/15/2007 | Category » Deeds  State » AR  #4839
Can a gift deed be changed or revoked?

My uncle and his wife had my name added to their deed. The deed reads that this was a gift of love. This was done in 2004 and in the state of Virginia. Three years later my uncle was placed in a nursing home, his health became very unstable and his wife has cut off all contact wi...

05/17/2007 | Category » Deeds  State » VA  #5099

The answer to both questions would be yes based on the facts we have as set forth above. Joint...

If you live with a person but are not married, and that person is listed on the deed as a joint tenant with rights of survivorship, would that person be legally considered to be a co-owner of the property? Would that person be required to the necessary documents to sell the prope...

05/18/2007 | Category » Deeds  State » PA  #5216

In a deed, a grantee may agree to do something or refrain from doing certain acts. This agre...

A warranty deed to property states that "No horses or farm animals can be kept on this property." However, the land is zoned SR-1 which allows Llamas, alpachos, horses, cattle, sheep, goats, poultry, pigeons, rabbits, and chinchillas. Which document controls use?

07/05/2007 | Category » Deeds  State » CO  #6935
What is the best way for my mother to will her estate to my youngest sibling without paying taxes?

My parents never wanted to have a will. My father passed away last month and now my mother wants to have my youngest sibling to be the sole heir of their property which consists of 80 acres zoned Exclusive Farm Use which is my parents house and the house my youngest sibling live...

08/13/2007 | Category » Deeds  State » OR  #7911

The answer depends on the ownership interests in the house, rather than the names on the mortg...

My father is on Social Security and Medicaid. He is currently paying a mortgage and his name is the only name on the mortgage. If my name along with my brother's names are added to the mortgage, if in the future my dad or either one of us has a medical problem that has high medic...

08/15/2007 | Category » Deeds  State » PA  #7960

An deed or agreement may be set aside if it was not in fact entered into voluntarily by both o...

My grandmother deeded property to my mother by a Deed of Gift. Her siblings are contesting the legality of the Deed of Gift. What grounds could they have?

08/19/2007 | Category » Deeds  State » WA  #8047

Joint tenancy property passes outside of probate, however, it may be severed so that the prope...

Does a joint tenancy deed cancel out an existing will?

08/26/2007 | Category » Deeds  State » AZ  #8227

When two or more people own property as tenants in common, they each own fractional interests ...

I own a house together with my daughter 13 and son who is 18 and i want to rent it out is that possible so we can move. The deed reads tenants in common.

08/28/2007 | Category » Deeds  State » ALL  #8279

I suggest calling the local recorder's office, as fees vary by office. In order to protect a p...

I have a unrecorded deed from 1976, I want to know how to record it, costs involved, what are the ramifications of this not being recorded and lastly if I am looking to sell the property should I get the deed recorded?

09/24/2007 | Category » Deeds  State » FL  #8983
What form should I use to add my husband as a joint owner of our property?

I want to add my husband as joint owner on my property and would like to know the proper form to use to have notarized and record in the Maryland Recorder of Deeds office. thanks

09/24/2007 | Category » Deeds  State » MD  #8997
How to understand Grant, Bargain, Sale Deed form where it mentions money

Our son and friend purchased a home in December 2006. The friend wants to sign over his interest to my husband and myself. I purchased and downloaded the "Grant, Bargain, Sale Deed form" from Nevada Legal forms. I have a question regarding the part where it talks about "Consi...

10/02/2007 | Category » Deeds  State » NV  #9508

A life estate is an interest in real property that allows the life estate holder to posses the...

My husband and I are on the deed to our home as John Stuart and Gina Stuart, husband and wife. My husbands parents want to pay off our mortgage, but want to be added to the deed (the reason is to insure him that we wont try to take a home equity out or do anything to cause paymen...

10/10/2007 | Category » Deeds  State » FL  #9981
How do I remove my deceased wife from the deed of our home?

My wife who passed away in 2004 is on the deed of our house. I need the forms to transfer the deed to my name only.

10/26/2007 | Category » Deeds  State » NJ  #11005
How can I change the deed to my name only since I am now divorced?

I am just recently divorced. I am getting the house. How can I change the deed to only my name?

10/31/2007 | Category » Deeds  State » ALL  #11318
Is a Quit claim deed is legal in Nebraska and if so what taxes are involved?

I would like to know if a Quit claim deed is legal in Nebraska and if so what taxes are involved?

11/03/2007 | Category » Deeds  State » NE  #11551

As of 8/07, nine states now recognize transfer-on-death deeds: Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Ka...

Does Illinois have a transfer on death deed option?

11/20/2007 | Category » Deeds  State » IL  #12600
What form is needed to quickly deed the property to my wife?

My wife and I have been seperatated for over three years. We have not taken any legal action on seperation or divorce. She and our minor children are still living in the house that we lived in while married. She is making the mortgage payments on her own. She needs to have the ro...

12/30/2008 | Category » Deeds  State » WA  #14886
How would I remove my ex spouse from the deed of the house?

I bought a house solely in my name. A few years later, I put my now ex on the deed.He only lived in the house with his name on it for 2 years. I would like to know what steps are necessary to remove him from the deed?

12/31/2008 | Category » Deeds  State » RI  #14896
How does my mother add my name to her deed?

My Mom is the sole name on her deed for property that is paid in full. She wants to add my name to the deed and also make it a sole survivorship deed. How does she do this and is a lawyer necessary or can this be handled at the court house with or without a notarized statement. I...

01/15/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » AL  #14994
What form is needed to remove my son's name from my property deed?

I want to remove my son's name from my property deed so I may have a senior discount on taxes, what form do I use?

01/15/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » NY  #15002
What documents are needed to show that I now own property that was willed to me?

I am the surviving joint tenant of two 40 acre parcels. A total of 80 acres. I have the original Trust Deeds and the original Full Reconveyances. I also have the certified death certificates for the deceased joint tenants. I want to accomplish two things. (1) I want to file the ...

01/19/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » CA  #15026
What would happen to property my deceased mother purchased jointly with my sister and her husband?

My sister, her husband, and my mother bought land together. It was not stated that they were tenants in common or with rights to survivors. This was a private seller, no bank involved. However, in paragraph 10 of this agreement it states 'this contract shall be binding on the ...

01/21/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » FL  #15032
How can I sell a property I purchased at a tax sale?

We applied for a deed to a property that was delinquent in taxes for 4 years. We now have the deed to the property. What should we do next? We would like to sell the property as soon as possible.

01/22/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » CO  #15041
What form is needed to deed my parents land to me since they are elderly?

My parents, older, concerned they may end up with medical bills or nursing home bills that will cause their property to be lost and want to insure that won't happen by 'deeding' it to me, their son. The question we have is: In Tennessee, how much time between when the property i...

01/23/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » TN  #15052
What forms are needed for my wife to deed her part of the home to me?

My wife and I have been separated for three years. I am taking over the mortgage payment. She has agreed that I can do a quitclaim on the home. How can I do this? Can she deed the house over as a gift? What forms would I need and how can I get them?

01/24/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » TX  #15061
What are the differences for a home buyer, between a trustee's deed and a warranty deed?

What are the differences for a home buyer, between a trustee's deed (bankruptcy proceedings) and a warranty deed? Does the buyer have less ownership or fewer rights on the purchase? Are the trustee and the court required to guarantee there are no other liens on the home, or cou...

02/03/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » NC  #15138
What form is needed to add my name to my parents deed?

If my parents would like to add my name to the deed, what do they have to do and is there a way I can change the deed my self to save money? My lawyer wrote me the following regarding the deed change: 'Deed ACRIS documents NYC transfer tax NYS transfer tax Smoke alarm affidavit A...

02/04/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » NY  #15149
What is needed to ensure that I inherit my aunt's home without probate or taxes?

I currently hold title to a home with my elderly aunt as joint tenants with right of survivorship. In Arizona, I have been told that a beneficiary deed is necessary for transfer of this home to me upon her death. I am told that without such deed, the stepped up value of the hom...

02/06/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » AZ  #15173
How would I transfer my parents deed to me and my sister?

I need to know how to transfer a deed from parents to children. My parents owner financed their house which is not paid off yet. They want to transfer the deed to my sister and me. Would my parents be considered the grantor or the person that financed the home?

02/06/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » TX  #15181
Is a 'beneficiary deed' a legal term or is it used to denote transfer of property to a beneficiary?

Is a 'beneficiary deed' a legal term or is it used to denote transfer of property to a beneficiary either by quitclaim or by warranty deed?

02/07/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » FL  #15192
Why did I have to sign an Interspousal Transfer Grant Deed when we refinanced our home?

When I married my husband five years ago - he already owned our house and has kept it in his name. Recently he refinanced and I had to sign an Interspousal Transfer Grant Deed (even though I was not on the deed) Why did I have to do this? Have I signed away my right to our house ...

02/09/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » CA  #15204
Why an Interspousal Transfer Deed is Needed for One Spouse to Sell Property?

I am being requested to sign a Interspousal Transfer Grant Deed. It is being requested by a company called ' Chicago Title Company' to do the 'recording requested'. My wife says that this needs to be signed because she got into a real estate deal when she was single and because...

02/18/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » CA  #15289
What is a Mineral Deed and when is it voided?

Is Mineral Deed Void? When we purchased our land (200 acres) in 2003 (Stone County, AR), our deed contained _Subject to reservations of 3/4 of the mineral rights to prior Grantors_. We accepted the purchase under those conditions as the seller accepted those conditions in his dee...

02/21/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » AR  #15324
Can a Quitclaim deed be granted from a LLC to an Individual?

Can a Quitclaim deed be granted from a LLC to an Individual? The LLC is the Grantor and the Individual is the Grantee.

02/24/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » WY  #15342
How do I Transfer Real Property to LLC that has a Mortgage in Texas?

I have 7 properties in Texas, located in either Harris or Montgomery counties. The properties are either in my name solely or in the name of my brother and I, as some of them are jointly owned. We have formed a Texas LLC and wish to move all such properties into the LLC. Each ...

02/26/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » CA  #15370
How would my husband and I be added to the Deed of our home?

My parents took out the loan for our house 10 years ago. We pay mortgage and taxes. They did give us an unrecorded contract of the sell. We would like to add my husband and I to the title, how? We don't want to change the loan; we just want to be added to the title.

02/27/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » CA  #15377
How do I assign my name to a deed after brother's death?

I would like to assign my name to a deed after brother's death.

03/02/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » GA  #15412
What is the best form to secure funds being loaned by private investors to purchase property?

If I am buying property using a private money investor to purchase it, is a recorded promissory note using the property as security a common and proper way to structure the deal or should I use another method such as a deed of some sort? I'm looking for the easiest and least conf...

03/08/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » CA  #15483
Will Quit Claim Deed give Sole Ownship of Residence

My second husband paid off this residence. I was told to use a quitclaim deed to make him 'half' owner. Did I mistakenly give him 'sole' ownership of this residence?

03/10/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » ALL  #15507
What is the Trustee's Role in an Indemnity Deed of Trust?

Regarding indemnity deed of trust and security agreement: second generation is loaning money to make improvements on land. The land is owned by estate/trust of deceased parents, principal beneficiary being third generation. The family business is the borrower with estate/trust a...

03/10/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » MD  #15523
Signing a quitclaim deed and a homestead waiver for my seperated spouse

My husband is planning to buy a house in California. For that he asked me to sign the Quitclaim deed and the homestead waiver. We are living separate and not divorced. We have two kids also. Since I didn't know these documents I wasn't ready to sign. Why is he asking me to sign ...

03/11/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » ALL  #15543
How would I add someone to the Deed of my home?

I am the owner of my home and want to add my partner's name to the title for property tax purposes. We are not married. He is turning 65 years old and I want to freeze my taxes. I have a will that leaves my home to him upon my death. Is this the legal deed I need to file to the...

03/12/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » TX  #15566
How to get sole ownership of an inherited home

In my fathers will my sister and I were given joint ownership of his home. She wants me to have the home. what forms do I need for her to sign over her half of the property to me?

03/12/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » ALL  #15569
Quitclaim Deed from LLC to Husband and Wife

In order to receive financing (line of credit) I need to complete a Quitclaim Deed from our LLC to my husband and me. I see all these forms online but don't see one from an LLC to husband and wife. Is there such a thing or can I use the Corporation to husband and wife form?

03/12/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » ALL  #15605
Is there a form I can sign to give up my portion of inherited property?

Regarding heir property. If one of the heirs want to forfeit their share of the land because they have never paid taxes and do not want to pay taxes, which form would I use so they can terminate their share of the land located in East Texas.

03/12/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » TX  #15606
Where can I find a form Granting a Life Estate?

I need a form Granting a Life Estate.

03/15/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » WA  #15640
When filing a Quitclaim Deed what is the exemption code used when there is no consideration?

When filing a Quitclaim Deed what is the exemption code used when there is no codsideration involved?

03/16/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » VA  #15645
What type of contract is needed for my relatives to give me their property?

My Uncle and Aunt is giving me their property in Hilo since I had been paying for their mortgages/property taxes and insurance for years now but unable to apply for a loan because of my credit (balance due is $90,000.00 approximately). I would like to find out what kind of form I...

03/19/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » HI  #15691
What form is needed to add my mother to the deed?

Which deed do I need for the following situation? Property is deeded in both of their names. They want to add their mother to the deed for no monitary value. All three live in Pennsylvania and the property in question is in New Jersey.

03/23/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » PA  #15723
How do I gift my condo to my daughter?

I have a condo in Boulder and I would like to gift it to my daughter. How do I do this?

03/23/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » CO  #15724
Can I use your contract for property deed to transfer a lot from my property to my son?

Can I use your contract for property deed to transfer a lot from my property to my son without using a lawyer, and will my county accept it?

03/23/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » DE  #15729
What forms are needed for me to finance a second home for a someone I know?

A couple owns a house (second home) that is currently financed. I would like to refinance this for them. What forms are needed to complete a transaction such as this?

03/27/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » TX  #15784
What type of deed is needed for one of three tenants to sign over their portion of the home?

Our home is shared by three individuals and the deed is written as joint tenancy with rights of survivorship. One of the three now wants out of the home and is willing to sign over their portion to the remaining two owners. I am looking for the correct form to make this happen l...

04/01/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » FL  #15836
What type of deed if needed to transfer our home back into our name from our Limited Partnership?

Our home is under the Limited Partnership right now and we (me and my husband) would like to transfer the title back to our name. What type of Deed Form do we need to prepare and file to the Bureau in order for us to put the title back to our name?

04/02/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » HI  #15854
How can I make an error correction to a quick claim deed to add a name?

I need make an error correction to a quick claim deed to add a name. I need the form and procedure.

04/03/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » FL  #15864
What is needed to change the deed to exclude from reappraisal under California law?

How to change current property deed (mother and daughter as joint tenants w/rights of survivorship) to (daughter and daughter's husband) excluded from reappraisal under California Constitution Article 13 A Section 1 et seq.?

04/04/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » CA  #15880
What type of deed is needed to give my wife sole ownership of the home?

My question is about quitclaim deeds. My wife and I are divorcing. This is completely a no-fault/no children divorce, and we will file ourselves. I am on the deed to our home. In exchange for the cash equivalent to my approximate share on the equity, I want to give my wife so...

04/07/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » TN  #15907
If I purchased property from heirs how do I now show only myself as owner?

My mother executed a warranty deed prior to her death. That deed was done for her seven children. One adult child expired a few months before my mother, I purchased the land from the other five people, should I attempt to have a warranty deed recorded as grantee, with notarized s...

04/10/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » AR  #15951
How do I change the lots out of my name to the LLC?

I own several real estate lots and have already set up a LLC. How do I change the lots out of my name to the LLC that I have set up. If one of the properties have a lien on the property, can I still change it over to the LLC?

04/11/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » TN  #15953
Removing Joint Tenants Name Without Their Consent

Can one of the joint tenants with rights of survivalship on a warranty deed remove the name of the other person without their consent?

04/14/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » ALL  #15992
What forms are needed if I am gifting my interest of my home to my daughter?

I wish to gift my half of interest in my house to my daughter. My interest is valued at $600,000.00. I think it is less than the IRS minimum, but believe this should be filed with our buddies at the IRS. Would you have the gift form for me to gift to my daughter and could you te...

04/17/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » MA  #16036
What type of form would I need to lease out my farm land?

I own property in Jackson County where a neighbor of mine farms my property. What do I need to do to lease him the land, so as to relieve me of some property tax liability? Is there a simple land lease agreement we can download, or should I have an attorney do it?

04/20/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » CA  #16057
How should I include my elderly mother in ownership of my new home since she will live with me?

I (age 58) am buying a new home in Alabama. I am having my mom move in with me (she is 92). Should I place her name on the purchase agreement as well as mine? My concern is that if I were to die first, she would have a place to live, with no worry over inheritance issues... and w...

04/23/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » GA  #16096
How would I transfer a Treasure's Deed to an LLC?

I have received a Treasurer's Deed of Trust for a property. I was informed by the county that I needed to convert the Tresaurer's Deed of Trust to another type of Deed of trust. What Deed of Trust do I need to use? The Treasurer's Deed of Trust was issued to my name and I want th...

04/23/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » CO  #16098
How does my mother remove my father from the deed of property since he is deceased?

My parents own land (undeveloped property) in Sandoval County New Mexico. My father has been dead since 1991, and his name is still on the property deeds, along with my mother's. Can my mother be named on new warranty deeds as both a grantor and grantee, as well adding the names...

04/23/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » MO  #16101
How does my mother sell property that once belonged to her and my deceased father?

My father passed away twenty-five years ago and his name is still on a deed for a property that my mother now has an opportunity to sell. The deed has the property as theirs jointly, as husband and wife, but does not specify any TYPE of joint relationship further than that. I'm ...

04/27/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » ALL  #16144
What forms do I use to deed time shares to my daughter?

I want to quick claim deeds of time shares to my daughter or with survivorship of my 3 grandchildren. Which is best, just my daughter or all four? And what forms do I use?

04/27/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » ALL  #16177
How do we remove my wife's name from the deed of our summer home?

My summer home is currently in my name and my wife's name. We wish to remove my wife's name from the deed. What form must I use?

04/28/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » ALL  #16224
My parents are on the loan for my home and want to be removed. What should I do?

My parents are on the loan and deed for our house. They want to be removed from the deed. Do I need to refinance to create a warranty deed to remove them from property ownership. Doing this in case they become ill because we don't want this house used as an asset.

04/28/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » ALL  #16237
Contract for deed is paid off early, is there a requirement to send anything legal to the buyer?

When a contract for deed is paid off early is there a requirement to send anything legal to the buyer that states it is paid off?

04/28/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » ALL  #16323
How does the joint owner of a property give up his share?

We have 66.7% ownership in a condominium. The 33.3% owner would like to be removed from all obligation. What is the most cost effective method to handle this transaction?

04/28/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » ALL  #16346
How do I add my son and his wife to the property deed?

My wife and I own, and reside on a property that has two houses on it. Our son and his wife live in the second house on the same property. We want to add my son and his wife to the deed with us as co-owners. what type of deed should we use in this situation?

04/29/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » ALL  #16385
How do I add my daughter's name to my property deed?

How do I add my daughter's name, with my name, on my property deed? The deed currently has only my name on it.

04/29/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » ALL  #16390
If my mother deeds her home to me will I have to pay taxes based on the value of the house?

My mother wants to quit claim her house to me. It is paid for. A friend of mine said I would have to pay taxes based on the value of the house. Is this true? If this is true what kind of document can we use so I won't have to pay taxes?

05/05/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » ALL  #16578
What type of deed is needed to add my mother to the deed?

There is currently a quitclaim deed on the house in my brother's name and would like to add my mother's name to the deed. Should we use quit claim deed or warranty deed. I need to make sure that the deed will not allow my brother to sell the house without my mother's permission...

05/11/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » FL  #16633
What is a TCA code needed for a Warranty Deed?

I have purchased a WD off of your website that I am using to transfer a property out of my name to a trust that is mine. I am using a warranty deed because I understand that it provides much more protection that just a general quit claim deed. The register of deeds office in Shel...

05/13/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » TN  #16660
What is needed for our son to grant deed property to us that we once owned?

Our son is grant deeding property to my husband and I. Does he have to have permission from the lender since his name is on the loan? Is this a legal and viable transaction? If not, what about being added on the deed since we were the original owners before we deeded it over to...

05/23/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » CA  #16766
Recording Contract for Deed in California

I purchased a small gas station (real property) and the seller holds the title until I pay off the loan balance. We used contract for deed form to complete the transaction. How do I record this document in Sacramento county to protect myself. What Kind of form, procedure, or any ...

06/01/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » CA  #16837
Does an Enhanced Life Estate Deed Protect Against Liens on the Property?

My elderly mother had an Enhanced Life Estate Deed placed on her homesteaded and only home in March 2008. In February 2009 a creditor judgment had a lien placed on her home. Is an ELED supposed to protect against lien attachment? If so, how would the court/county clerk have pro...

06/09/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » FL  #16913
How Do I Add Myself to My Grandparent's Deed in Florida?

My elderly parents live in Jacksonville, Florida. They want to add my name to their house deed. We checked into a Quit Claim Deed, but that implies that they would turn all of their interest in the house over to me, and I do not think they want that. Any advice on how the hous...

06/15/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » GA  #16981
How Do I Create a Beneficiary Deed in Arkansas to my two adult children?

My husband and I would like to create a transfer-on-death (beneficiary) deed naming our two adult children as the beneficiaries. The form online is individual to individual , do I need another form or do we need to see an attorney to do this for us? Is this considered a Retained ...

06/22/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » AR  #17126
Does Priority Transfer When a Promissory Note is Transferred?

During the transfer of a note referenced in a Deed of Trust for value received from one party to another, will it hold its' position as the first note when a second note exists?

06/22/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » NV  #17128
How Do I Know Who the Owner of a Cememtery Plot Is?

How many plots did 'Jane Doe' buy at Oleander Memorial gardens Cemetery?

06/28/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » NC  #17223
How Do I Do A Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure in New Mexico?

How do I proceed with a deed in lieu of foreclosure on a home? I live in Wyoming and the home is in New Mexico.

07/01/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » NM  #17287
How Do I Add My Child to the deed in Arizona?

We have four properties held as 'community property with right of survivorship' as husband and wife. I would like to put my daughter on the deeds of all four in the event we both die. I looked at the 'Transfer on Death Deed-Arizona-Individual to individual' and it seems I would n...

07/04/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » AZ  #17328
How Do I Remove Deceased Spouse From Deed in Florida?

My client's wife died. There exists a Warranty Deed, Corporate Grantor for a condo they purchased. The conveyance was to my client and his wife (now deceased) as Joint Tenants in Common with Full Rights of Survivorship. What, if anything, needs to be done to convey this to my...

07/06/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » IA  #17358
Can I Sell Property Subject to a Lien?

I am buying a house that I can no longer afford and I have a state lien against me. A small company wants to buy it from me for $5000 and take over payments under their name. Before I give them an answer, will I be able to do this even though I have a lien against me?

07/10/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » TX  #17474
How Do I Transfer Real Property as an Executor of an Estate?

I am the executrix of my father's will. My brother & I are to split his real estate. This is an amicable split. Which forms should I file for the deed to be listed in both of our names?

07/21/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » PA  #17681
What Deed Do I Use to Add Son to our Property?

I and my husband decided on adding our son's name to a title. Residential property is a single family house owned by us. Is 'Grant Bargain and Sales Deed' correct form to use?

08/01/2009 | Category » Deeds  State » NV  #17894
Does a Beneficiary Deed Sever a Joint Tenancy?

I have a joint tenancy warranty deed with rights of survivorship with my father. I have found out that he has filed a beneficiary deed which conveys to my sister all his property interest upon his death. Is this legally binding if I have rights of survivorship to the property up...

01/30/2010 | Category » Deeds  State » AZ  #20700
How Do Two People Add a Third Person to the Deed if There Are Two Mortgages on the Property?

Regarding property located in Canton, GA that has a Husband and Wife on the title with a first and second mortgage. How can I and an individual be added as a third position?

03/24/2010 | Category » Deeds  State » CA  #21529
How Do I Void an Assignment of Deed that Was Filed in Error?

How can you void or release an Assignment of Deed, if the Assignment was mistakenly filed prior to the Deed of Trust being filed?

03/30/2010 | Category » Deeds  State » TX  #21598
What Amount of Consideration Should Be Put on a Deed to Transfer Property to a Trust?

is this the correct consideration for us, a Husband and wife to place our home in our own trust on Usleagals waranty deed form:'FOR VALUABLE CONSIDERATION OF TEN DOLLARS ($10.00), and other good and valuable consideration, cash in hand paid, the receipt and sufficiency of which i...

09/02/2011 | Category » Deeds  State » AZ  #25448