Real Property » Homestead Legal Questions & Answers

Is there a form to file for Homestead Exemption in Oklahoma?

I live in Nevada, but my friend lives in Oklahoma City, OK and I am attempting to help her. She needs to put a homestead filing on her home there. I told her I would do what I could to help her. Any assistance would be appreciated in finding a form for her to fill out or inform...

04/28/2007 | Category » Homestead  State » NV  #3379
What are the advantages of filling for a homestead exemption and is there an age requirement?

What are the advantages of filling for a homestead exemption and is there an age requirement? How many times can one fill for homestead if you have more than one property? Also, is there a fee involved?

03/26/2009 | Category » Homestead  State » TX  #15779
Does a revocable trust make a homeowner expempt from protection fo creditors?

If a buyer takes title to a property in a revocable living trust, does that invalidate the homeowner's exemption protection from creditors in California?

04/14/2009 | Category » Homestead  State » CA  #15986
If we lose our business, can the bank take our homestead?

We have 2 homes; the one we live in is homesteaded. We are self employed. If we lose our business, can the bank take both homes or just the one that is non-homestead? We heard that the house has be be at a minium value for them to go after it. What is the law?

04/23/2009 | Category » Homestead  State » MN  #16097
Does a Recorded Homestead Exemption protect certain cash value in the event of foreclosure?

Does a Recorded Homestead Exemption protect certain cash value for the owner in a foreclosure action?

04/27/2009 | Category » Homestead  State » ALL  #16162
Since seperated and living apart, Can my wife and I both file for homestead exemption?

My wife and I are separated and living in 2 separate homes that we had built. We have both filed for homestead exemptions on property taxes as we live apart. Will we each get the exemption while still married or do we have to divorce? Also, is there a time frame that we would hav...

04/28/2009 | Category » Homestead  State » MS  #16273
What is a homestead waiver?

Does signing a homestead waiver mean that I am signing away my rights to our house (in case of divorce and/or spouse's death), given that the loan is in my husband's name only?

04/29/2009 | Category » Homestead  State » ALL  #16389
Can a homestead property be used to secure collateral if someone defaults on the loan?

A guy wants to borrow $100,000 from me and use his home and 10 acres for collateral. His property and home are certainly worth at least $100,000 but I was not sure if I would be able to take ownership of the property if it was a homestead, if he defaulted on our loan?

04/29/2009 | Category » Homestead  State » ALL  #16470
What are the Residency Requirements for a Homestead Exemption in Florida?

can two pepole married owning a home in maine legally take a homestead tax exemption in the state of fl by saying one lives in fl 6months or more. the wife stays in maine still working

04/04/2011 | Category » Homestead  State » ALL  #24566
Does a Life Estate Qualify for a Homestead Exemption?

In Missouri, does a life estate qualify for the homestead exemption for property taxes as long as the life estate interest is shown on the deed?

07/15/2011 | Category » Homestead  State » MO  #25182
What are the Legal Problems Associated With Renting Property to a Relative?

We are purchasing a new home and will be allowing our daughter to live in an pay the mortgage on our current home until a future sale time. Is there any legal issues we need to address and what about homesteading issues? I keep getting different information and I am not sure wh...

08/09/2011 | Category » Homestead  State » MI  #25303
What Are the Homestead Laws in Montana?

I have a homestead in Montana and a judgement for $600,000 in Texas. I would like to sell my Homestead - Home, and if I do so, will the Judgement be exempt against the homestead proceeds?

08/18/2011 | Category » Homestead  State » MT  #25362