Trusts Legal Questions and Answers

Does a Trust Need to be Filed?

I am considering using for completing a 'Living Trust'. Do I have to file the completed documents with a state or county agency. How do I know that these documents will be accepted?ThanksCharlie Newman

04/18/2012   |   Category: Trusts   |   State: Oregon   |   #25660

How Do I Correct the Misspelled Name in an Affidavit of Successor Trustee?

I am listed as First Successor Trustee in an 'Affidavit of Change of Trustee' to my family's revocable trust, my elderly father having resigned as trustee and given my two brothers joint trusteeship. QUESTION: My name is listed incorrectly in the document. What do I need to do to have this error amended? Thank you! (PS: I live in TX; the trust and the remainder of my famil...

08/30/2011   |   Category: Trusts   |   State: Texas   |   #25432

Do I Have to Pay Rent for Occupying a Home I Inherited as a Trustee?

my borther and I are co-trustees of 2 inherited houses: a family home in san francisco, ca and a summer home. I continue to live in the family home after my father died in 2008. I offered to purchase the san francisco home by paying him 50% of the difference in appraised value of the san francisco and country home. He refused my purchase offer and demanded that I pay him re...

08/26/2011   |   Category: Trusts   |   State: California   |   #25404

What Papers Need to Be Filed When a Grantor of a Trust Dies?

Do I have to u[date Family Trust.? My husband died.

08/14/2011   |   Category: Trusts   |   State: California   |   #25327

How Do I Create a Miller Trust?

I am applying for ALTCS and need to set up a Miller's Trust. Local attorneys charge about $500 for this. Can I file this myself without an attorney? If so do you have directions and a template and if so how much? Thanks.

08/10/2011   |   Category: Trusts   |   State: Arizona   |   #25310

Does Putting a Home in Trust Take Away Protection for the Lender?

Does putting our home into a N.C. trust take away creditor protection?

07/08/2011   |   Category: Trusts   |   State: North Carolina   |   #25156

What Type of Trust is Used for a Disabled Adult in Order to Protect SSI Benefits?

I'm am the personal rep for my fathers estate which requires me to set-up a trust for my surviving brother. My brother has downs syndrum and I am his legal guardian. The total amount of the trust will be _$3500.00 and I dont want to jepordize his SSI. Can you suggest a USLeagal for for setting this up?

06/28/2011   |   Category: Trusts   |   State: Michigan   |   #25110

How Do We Transfer a Home Into a Trust?

what form of Deed must be used to tranfer home title to a Living Trust the home described in a Bargain and Sales Deed with covenant against Grantor when purchased

06/23/2011   |   Category: Trusts   |   State: New Jersey   |   #25081

How Can We Leave Our Property to Divide Among Children of Two Marriages?

My wife and I, each married before, would like to combine our estates in a trust for our respective children with 2/3 going to my children and 1/3 to hers. If we do this, can we deed our home and two rental properties to our children, retaining life use, to avoid inheritance taxes or including them in resources to be considered if the cost of end of life care exceeds our cash ...

06/15/2011   |   Category: Trusts   |   State: Wisconsin   |   #25036

How Do I Create a Trust for My Pet in Wisconsin?

I have a son who I wish to disinherit and want to set up a trust fund for my favorite rescues and maintenance for my surviving pets. What can I do legally to bring this about.

06/10/2011   |   Category: Trusts   |   State: Alabama   |   #25005

Log In