Automobiles » Mechanics Lien Legal Questions and Answers

Can the business I owe money to for repairs to my truck place a lien if they did not do the work?

I leased a truck to a driver. The driver went to work for a bulk carrier as an independent contractor. The carrier and driver signed an agreement whereby the driver would reimburse the carrier for any monies spent by the carrier for repairs made to the truck. So, the carrier contracts with a repair shop to work on the truck. The work is done and the carrier pays the repair sh...

09/11/2007   |   Category: Automobiles » Mechanics Lien   |   State: Maryland   |   #8630

Can I put a labor or mechanics lien on the title of a vehicle?

We build street rod cars for customers. We have a 36 chevy that has an outstanding balance and we have not heard from this customer in over eight months. I have sent registered return receipt letters with no signed returned card and regular mail with no response. What should I do next and can I put a labor lien on title?

05/31/2007   |   Category: Automobiles » Mechanics Lien   |   State: Georgia   |   #6064

What are the requirements to place a mechanic's lien on an automobile?

We own an automotive repair shop and are looking for information on a mechanics lien regarding automobiles that we repair, but the owner refuses to pay for the repairs.

04/30/2007   |   Category: Automobiles » Mechanics Lien   |   State: Illinois   |   #3453

How do I remove a mechanics lien from a company that cleaned up water in my house from a water leak?

I have been served with a mechanic’s lien from a company that cleaned up water in our house from a water leak. What do I do?

03/16/2007   |   Category: Automobiles » Mechanics Lien   |   State: Oklahoma   |   #1636

Can you place a lien against a vehicle for work that already has a lien against it?

I am a mechanic for a used car dealer in Grand Saline, TX. My employer asked me to find out what is involved in filing a lien against a customer. We have a bunch of labor and parts and haven't been paid a dime. The vehicle has a $3000.00 dollar lien against it already. Is there any chance we will be able to recoup this loss?

01/12/2007   |   Category: Automobiles » Mechanics Lien   |   State: Texas   |   #385

How do I file a mechanics lien and title transfer on an abandoned motorcycle I did work on?

I have a motorcycle at my motorcycle shop that has been abandoned and has a large bill that is unpaid. Please provide forms to completely take care of the mechanics lien and title transfer.

01/12/2007   |   Category: Automobiles » Mechanics Lien   |   State: Florida   |   #352