Civil Actions Legal Questions and Answers

How can I hold my roommate liable for rent and utilities since he has moved out and is on the lease?

My roommate and I both signed a 6 month lease on a rental Sept 16, 2007. He is moving out to find his own place, leaving me to pay the full rent and utilities. I need to know how to remedy this through the court system.

10/29/2007   |   Category: Civil Actions   |   State: Illinois   |   #11159

Does the State of Michigan recognize Alienation of Affection?

10/23/2007   |   Category: Civil Actions   |   State: Michigan   |   #10773

Where can I find information on alienation of affectation?

10/19/2007   |   Category: Civil Actions   |   State: Oregon   |   #10591

I just received a letter from an attorney that says.. Notice of trial certificate of readiness for trial?? My questions ...

I just received a letter from an attorney that says.. Notice of trial certificate of readiness for trial?? My questions is what do I do with this? There is no date anywhere do I take it to the county clerk?

10/17/2007   |   Category: Civil Actions   |   State: New York   |   #10427

Statute of Limitations for Medical Malpractice

What types of causes can alter the normal 2 years on the statue of limitations for a medical malpractice case in Indiana to be brought to trial? The surgery that my mother suffered was 13 years ago and she attempted to bring the case to court, but never did successfully due to being so sick and not finding the proper legal help. She has since been diagnosed with several things ...

10/16/2007   |   Category: Civil Actions   |   State: Georgia   |   #10340

How can a defendant determine if attorney's fees awarded are reasonable?

After summary judgment has been given against the Defendant, and Motion to Award Attornerys Fees has been filed, does Defendant have the right to use Discovery and Subpoenas to verify Plaintiff's attorneys fees as to being reasonable?

10/07/2007   |   Category: Civil Actions   |   State: Idaho   |   #9788

My sister lives in Merced County California. She has sued a nursing home on behalf of my deceased mother. She names me in the...

My sister lives in Merced County California. She has sued a nursing home on behalf of my deceased mother. She names me in the filing as a nominal defendant. What is this?

10/02/2007   |   Category: Civil Actions   |   State: Louisiana   |   #9536

IF YOU ARE PRESENTED BY A MAIL CARRIER WITH A REGISTERED LETTER, ARE YOU ALLOWED BY LAW TO REFUSE TO SIGN IT AND ASK HIM TO S...

IF YOU ARE PRESENTED BY A MAIL CARRIER WITH A REGISTERED LETTER, ARE YOU ALLOWED BY LAW TO REFUSE TO SIGN IT AND ASK HIM TO SEND IT BACK?

10/02/2007   |   Category: Civil Actions   |   State: New York   |   #9443

Why do I owed money to the store if my son who is a minor was the one arrested for shoplifting?

My son was arrested for shoplifting at a department store. He is a minor. I received a letter from that department store stating that accordance with the state law, California Penal Code Statute 490.5 that I have to pay $475.00. In reading what this law states, I'm not understanding why I have to pay, the merchandise was not damaged and was recovered. The retail value of the m...

09/25/2007   |   Category: Civil Actions   |   State: California   |   #9059

Can my ex-boyfriend take me to court for having an abortion without his consent?

I was dating a guy for 9 months and we broke up a year ago. Toward the end of my relationship I got pregnant and had an abortion. Ever since we broke up he’s been harassing me and threatening me. His latest threat was that he’s going to file a suit against me for having an abortion. He also said he was going to subpoena my phone and medical records. He also claims I’ve been che...

09/20/2007   |   Category: Civil Actions   |   State: Illinois   |   #8920