Conservatorship Legal Questions and Answers

[1 - 10 of 14]Page of 2

What options are available for elderly mother with Alzheimer's but wants to revoke durable POA?

i have a durable p.o.a. for my 86 year old mother she,s recently discharged from the hospitalfrom one of many times falling etc.she has onset alsheimers which appears intermittedly and with no specific schedule she is on her usual combattive state she becomes spitefull and is now threatening to revoke my poa. where do i stand thank-you michael geserick sr.

09/16/2011   |   Category: Conservatorship   |   State: New Jersey   |   #25497

Does a conservator have power to decide the residence of incapcitated son?

What case law and statute are there, regarding my conservatorship petition for my 42-year old incapacitated son, as his natural mother, that supports me to be conservator w/ power to fix residence? Comment: My son lives with me now and has lived w/ his aging (89, 86) paternal grandparents, who object to my petition, for 37 years. Can you help pro per for 1/11/11 hearing bef...

01/07/2011   |   Category: Conservatorship   |   State: California   |   #23955

How Do I Prevent My Brother From Getting a Conservatorship Over My Father in Tennessee?

I have my mothers POA. I have been caring for her for the last few years and even sold my home and moved in with her two years ago due to her not being able to live alone any more. We had to put her in a nursing home a few months ago. My kids and i are living in her home. I received court papers two days ago saying my brother has filed for conservatorship over my mother. H...

11/20/2010   |   Category: Conservatorship   |   State: Tennessee   |   #23683

Does incompetency Need to Be Proven to Establish a Conservatorship in California?

Can an adult child 43 years of age become conservator and take control over all my finances and personal decisions. I just turn 70 years of age last March and live temporarily in an Assisted Care Facility as I was living alone, not eating and became very ill after two years. I am physically well except for a bit of sciatica and have all my admission records in to rent an apar...

11/09/2010   |   Category: Conservatorship   |   State: California   |   #23597

May parents be appointed as guardians for terminally ill adult son?

Can parents become legal custodians of terminally ill adult children? Our son has a terminal illness w/brain damage that will continue to diminish. We are caring for him in our home. Sometimes he isn't rational and refuses to do as we ask. We do not want him to leave here, but he threatens and we aren't sure where we stand legally. He can't drive at this time, but there are...

01/15/2010   |   Category: Conservatorship   |   State: South Carolina   |   #20466

Decedent left spouse and 3 toddlers; toddlers are life-insurance beneficiaries.

My ex-husband died and left our 3 toddlers as his life insurance beneficiaries. Is there a way for me, the mother to gain control of this money? Guardian of estates and Conservatorship are expensive.

08/20/2009   |   Category: Conservatorship   |   State: South Carolina   |   #18175

Wife had stroke, Husband seeks legal authority to manage finances

My wife recently had a stroke, it has left her incapcited I need to know how to get power of attorney for myself and a daughter

08/07/2009   |   Category: Conservatorship   |   State: Texas   |   #17986

How Do I Create a Conservatorship for My Child in New Mexico?

I have to have a letter of conservatorship for my daughter that is a beneficiary on her brothers will.

07/08/2009   |   Category: Conservatorship   |   State: New Mexico   |   #17377

Are there certain standards that a conservator must uphold?

Is there a standard for a person to be a conservator? Example:a person can not manage their own affairs, they quit their job after 18 years no income, forclosure on their home, has several mental breakdowns, files for mental disability and tries to continue their lively hood under Ward income. Can this person continue to be a conservator?

11/22/2007   |   Category: Conservatorship   |   State: Alabama   |   #12724

My mother, who is 93, suffers from dementia. Currently, my brother, who lives in another country, has Power of Attorney and...

My mother, who is 93, suffers from dementia. Currently, my brother, who lives in another country, has Power of Attorney and handles our mother's bills from her limited income. The actual care giving falls largely to me because I live very close to my mother's residence and am in daily contact with her. What procedures are necessary for me to acquire conservatorship (or gu...

08/29/2007   |   Category: Conservatorship   |   State: California   |   #8293
[1 - 10 of 14]Page of 2