Contempt Legal Questions and Answers

[1 - 10 of 22]Page of 3

Where Do I File a Motion for Contempt of a Divorce Decree?

My ex-husband and I were divorced in the state of NJ. Since we both have moved to different states_ He is living in AZ and I am living in Fl. Our Divorce Decree stated that he was to pay Alimony for 10 years from the date of the final divorce March 1, 2002. My alimony would have expired March 1st 2012. In doing so I waived any claim to permanent alimony beyond the ten years. Ma...

09/05/2011   |   Category: Contempt   |   State: Florida   |   #25458

How Can I Force My Ex-Wife to Sign Papers Needed to Sell My Property?

Please tell which form to use to ensure the court must compel my ex wife to sign checks from the insurance company for repairs. The house is for sale and repairs must be made. All checks are made out to myself , her and the mortgage company and must be signed by all three parties. Thus far she has refused to sign and it has hindered the sale of the home.

08/07/2011   |   Category: Contempt   |   State: Kentucky   |   #25289

How Can I Get My Ex-Husband to Pay for Insurance Ordered in the Divorce?

I got a divorce and my ex husband was suppose to provide a life insurance policy listing me on the policy for my daughter within thirty days of our divorce - it has been three months. I asked him about it he said he can't afford it but his attorney prepared it I didn't have and attorney. Also I have moved and I asked him to meet me at a new half way point and he won't he said h...

04/20/2011   |   Category: Contempt   |   State: Florida   |   #24680

Can a Party Ask for Attorney Fees and Costs if They File a Claim That Isn't True?

I have proof that I have been making my alimony payments. My ex wife took me back to court claim i was not, I did not appear in court because my work takes me out of town very often and was not able to attend the court dates that were set. Anyway she ends up with this large attorney fee and wants me pay the bill. I did not hire an attorney she did. There was no need for an att...

03/19/2011   |   Category: Contempt   |   State: Florida   |   #24442

What Cn Be Done if a Former Spouse Doesn't Make Payments Under a Divorce Decree?

My wife told me of a divorce agreement with her last husband where he was suppose to pay her $10,800.00 over a period of 7 years and it was to be paid in full on August of 2002. She has not seen a dime of it. She told me that there was a lien placed on a piece of real estate he owned so in case he sold it she would get the money back. I just looked up the property and found ...

01/29/2011   |   Category: Contempt   |   State: Florida   |   #24109

How Do I Get Recourse Against Someone For Not Obeying a Court Order in a Judgment?

I recently had a judgement in housing court that basically stated that my purchase agreement of my mobile was altered to fraud 2000 dollar more then the original agreed price. and this being discovered the presiding judge declared the home was paid in full. To put it mildly the judge let the lawyer for the mobile park (defrauders) know that it made him mad, he went on to ask th...

01/13/2011   |   Category: Contempt   |   State: Illinois   |   #23999

Can a Contempt Motion Be Filed For Failure to Pay Insurance on a Destroyed Home in Divorce Decree?

My home, property, is protected by a living trust, that was ordered by the court when divorce was finalized.stipulations were that the taxes and homeowners insurance were paid in a timely way each year until my death ., my home burned to the ground recently, and learned that the party responsible for paying the homeowners insurance elected not to pay for the past several years....

04/03/2010   |   Category: Contempt   |   State: Texas   |   #21653

Can a Contempt Motion Be Filed For Failure to Pay Funds in A Retirement Account in a Divorce Decree

My divorce was final November 2008. The divorce papers stated that he was to transfer $50,000 (flat amount not percent of account value) from his retirement account to my retirement account. He still has not done this. Can I take him to court for the $50,000 plus the value the account would have increased if he had transferred the money in 30 days like he was supposed to?

02/20/2010   |   Category: Contempt   |   State: Tennessee   |   #21060

Can a Contempt Motion Be Filed For Failure to Pay Medical Bills in a Divorce Decree

By parenting plan, I am required to pay 50% of medical expenses for my son. I was recently sent to collections for a hospital bill incurred by my son, while at my ex-wife's. I was previously unaware of the bill. It appears that my ex gave the collection agency my information. Upon questioning her, she is retaliating for something she believes unfair. How can I pay my half...

02/15/2010   |   Category: Contempt   |   State: Washington   |   #20978

Can a Contempt Motion Be Filed For Failure to Pay Tuition in a Divorce Decree

Divorce Decree states that father is to contribute $166 per month per child toward college savings - how do I get this enforced?

02/08/2010   |   Category: Contempt   |   State: Florida   |   #20861
[1 - 10 of 22]Page of 3