Contractors » SubContractors Legal Questions and Answers

Can a general contractor control how the subcontractor runs his business?

I do a lot of subcontracting in the concrete industry. I have a general contractor that instists that I, personally, be on site and tells me how many people I need and gets mad because I have other projects going, and really trys to micromanage my company. Is there a law that says what a gerneral can and can't control? I have a company, with several different project going a...

08/11/2011   |   Category: Contractors » SubContractors   |   State: South Dakota   |   #25314

How can a subcontractor get paid for work performed at the request of another contractor?

I am a sub-contractor working in GEORGIA. I did work for a inc. who had a contract to do work for a company representing hud. I completed the work. I have paper work and photos to prove it was done. I invoiced them for work completed 90 days ago. They will not pay and now will not return my calls. What can I do to be paid for work completed for this inc? They said at one time ...

09/27/2009   |   Category: Contractors » SubContractors   |   State: Georgia   |   #18813

What is the definition of a Sub-Contractor?

I work for a non-profit organization as a bartender. To save money, they are asking us if we would consider being subcontractors instead of employees;is this a legal move and what is the definition of subcontractor? I was informed at one time that you can not be considered a subcontractor if they tell you what time to come to work and leave or supply you with equipment to per...

05/08/2007   |   Category: Contractors » SubContractors   |   State: Missouri   |   #4130