Corporations Legal Questions and Answers

How do you remove a director of a corporation in Indiana?

Followup question on #16375: In an Indiana corporation where the Articles are silent on removing directors, and there are no special voting groups or cumulative voting, can the shareholders remove a director? The question is about INDIANA law.

06/17/2011   |   Category: Corporations   |   State: Indiana   |   #25051

What is the Best Business Type to Protect Assets of a Doctor?

I am a physician considering employment by a local hospital which will pay a salary and cover my malpractice expenses. I want to incorporate to decrease the chances that any personal assets would be attached in a malpractice litigation and to make business expenses like license, continuing education, etc are a business deduction. I had a C corporation in the past. What kind ...

03/17/2011   |   Category: Corporations   |   State: Kentucky   |   #24429

What does spread at length upon the minutes mean?

On the minutes form: 'Resolved, that the chairman be requested to cause the same to be spread at length upon the minutes.' My Corp is in Nevada

03/15/2011   |   Category: Corporations   |   State: California   |   #24414

How do I choose between a PLLC and S corporation for my architect business in California?

I am a State Licensed Professional Architect. I want to start a company/corporation to protect or personal assets. It will be just me at first but I want to have the ability to grow as needed. At the same time I want this to be as simple as possible. From what I have read the S Corp or LLC seems to be the way to go. Which is the better option given my situation? If I go wi...

01/24/2011   |   Category: Corporations   |   State: California   |   #24071

Could sending personal e-mails from corporate account risk piercing the corporate veil?

can personal e-mails intermingled with business e-mails sent and received on business computers create a risk to the corporate veil protection?

01/19/2011   |   Category: Corporations   |   State: New Jersey   |   #24040

Does a Volunteer Employee Have a Right to Be Heard By the Board of Directors?

Does a volunteer with a nonprofit organization have a right to be heard by the Board of Directors if questioning practices/governance?

01/15/2011   |   Category: Corporations   |   State: California   |   #24018

How Can a Person Be Sued Individually After a Corporation is Dissolved?

How is it possible for theft charges against me when the product purchase claim was against a corporation, the corporation went out of business, the owner took funds out of his personal bank account to cover the charge back to the corporate bank account.

01/10/2011   |   Category: Corporations   |   State: Maryland   |   #23978

What is the Best Business Form to Start Selling a Product Online?

I am looking for forms for my wife to begin a small business venture producing custom garments and selling them herself via web page - would like to know which corporation type would be appropriate to begin such a venture. She would like to trademark or otherwise protect her business name and the garment designs. Will appreciate your expounding on the appropriate corporation,...

01/08/2011   |   Category: Corporations   |   State: Indiana   |   #23971

Can the Same Person Be Both President and Secretary of a Corporation in Texas?

I'm completing the bylaws form for TX. It says 'In Article IV, Section 1, you must name the officers, such as President, Vice-President, Secretary and/or Treasurer. The same individual may hold two or more offices, except that the same person cannot be both the President and the Secretary unless there is only one stockholder. Field [8]-Name officers of the corporation. You sh...

01/06/2011   |   Category: Corporations   |   State: Texas   |   #23948

What is the Best Type of Business Entity for Our Sole Proprietorship?

We have had a pest control business for almost 15 years. My husband has been a sole proprietor. I have recently left my employment in the banking industry to join him in his business. We were thinking of either converting to an LLC/S Corp or incorporate to protect personal assets and for healthcare group plan reasons. What would you recommend for our business. We have also...

11/13/2010   |   Category: Corporations   |   State: Florida   |   #23633