Courts Legal Questions and Answers

Is my minor daughter required to testify against my minor son if under a subpoena?

Is my minor daughter (11) required to testify against her minor brother (14) if subpoena is given? The charge is indecency with a child.

05/02/2007   |   Category: Courts   |   State: Texas   |   #3579

What happens when a jury can not reach a decision about the verdict?

There is an Order or Instruction that a Judge can give the Jury in a criminal trial when they cannot come to an agreement on the verdict (hung jury) which spells out the Jury's obligation to come to a verdict. What is that order/instruction called?

04/25/2007   |   Category: Courts   |   State: Texas   |   #3313

How do I get visitation rights to see someone?

How do I get a court order to go see someone that is in a place I quite working for and now they won't allow me to see her again and I have the power of attorney's permisson to go see her?

04/12/2007   |   Category: Courts   |   State: Washington   |   #3048

How to get the sealed documents of a case belonging to my relative unsealed?- Courts

A great uncle's Black Lung documents/case has been sealed. How/why does a person seal this information, and how can you "unseal?"

04/12/2007   |   Category: Courts   |   State: Pennsylvania   |   #3037

If a verdict results in a hung jury three times in a murder case what happens?

If a jury comes back 3 times hung called a hung jury on a murder case, what happens? Does the judge take over at that point or does the person go free if they don't come up with a verdit?

04/11/2007   |   Category: Courts   |   State: California   |   #2973

How do you respond to a subpoena?

My husband received a subpoena in the mail. They have sent it to the wrong party. I tried calling the attorney's office who filed the complaint. They are not returning my call. What type of form do I use to respond to this?

04/10/2007   |   Category: Courts   |   State: California   |   #2858

Does a subpoena have to be served in person or a signature required?

04/08/2007   |   Category: Courts   |   State: Massachusetts   |   #2784

Where could I locate a Federal Law Book that explains sentencing and case law?

I am wanting to buy a federal law book, that explains sentencing, answers to question, and cases. Do you know what book I would need?

04/07/2007   |   Category: Courts   |   State: Ohio   |   #2755

How do I appeal Refund Intecept Code "B"?

I must appeal Refund Intecept Code "B" ASAP. Please give me instructions on how to do this.

04/07/2007   |   Category: Courts   |   State: Maryland   |   #2740

Can I file an appeal before the judge has made a decision?

I have a court date coming up soon. Can I file an appeal before any decision and would it be wise? Is this time enough to file a civil docket statement in self representation, and is this what I need to file for the judge to look at my evidence?

04/06/2007   |   Category: Courts   |   State: Ohio   |   #2723