Donations Legal Questions and Answers

What is the correct terminology for a monetary donation?

I have seen the wording 'Deed of Gift' used for charitable contributions of money as well as in-kind donations, but wonder if you agree that this is correct/satisfactory terminology for a monetary donation.

06/09/2009   |   Category: Donations   |   State: New York   |   #16910

Are chain letters legal where it involved mailing money to others?

Is this legal as termed in the mail order business? You receive a packet of information asking you to send $1 to each of the people on the list. You then retype the list inserting your name at the bottom and removing the top name and send it to 200 people. If X% of people respond, you will receive X$ in so many weeks. It is purported as 'mail order' (and legal) because peopl...

03/09/2009   |   Category: Donations   |   State: Texas   |   #15487

Can someone take a gift bank after a year?

I live in Texas and am currently having an issue. My wife's friend gave us a table and some chairs well over a year ago because she was getting new stuff. Now that I am not currently at home she is trying to take it back. Is this legal?

04/08/2009   |   Category: Donations » Gifts   |   State: Pennsylvania   |   #15923

Does my business partner have the right to rescind a gift of stock?

My business partner (relative) gifted a friend 7% of our fledgling business about 1 year ago just because she was a friend who was supportive of her. Our company is a LLC. We have made no money in the 2 years of operation. Now my partner/relative realizes she needs that percentage to maintain her majority control of the business as well as being able to obtain financial inve...

12/16/2008   |   Category: Donations » Gifts   |   State: New Jersey   |   #14817

Does my girlfriend have to pay me back for the implants I paid for if we are no longer together?

I paid for my girlfriends implants and we broke up. Does she have to pay me back?

03/20/2007   |   Category: Donations » Gifts   |   State: Pennsylvania   |   #1916