Evidence » Privileges Legal Questions and Answers

What is a Private Investigator's Duy of Confidentialiry?

I had a phone consult with a private investigator regarding my husband's possible infidelity. The investigator talked to a person that i gave him permission to talk with. However, that person then in turn talked to his boss who is a county manager to make sure there was not a conflict of interest since the private investigator also did contract work for the same county and my ...

02/26/2011   |   Category: Evidence » Privileges   |   State: North Carolina   |   #24304

Can I Sue a Doctor For Repeating a Statement to My Father?

I called to speak to my dying father's DR. about the possibility that he may have been poisoned over a period of time and I was concerned it was or could be his spouse. I made it clear to the receptionist that this was to remain confidential and that I simply wanted to talk to the DR about it.I told her if He determined there was no way I would have dropped my suspicions. Anywa...

07/26/2010   |   Category: Evidence » Privileges   |   State: Indiana   |   #22746

Is Email With an Attorney a Privileged Client Communication?

I am a Director on the BOD of an HOA. the prior BOD Restated our CC&R's & By Laws and lied to everyone stating they only made legal updates and 1 insurance wording change. They in fact made hundreds of changes outside their authority for our PUD, making material changes to our property rights. I have requested to see the 'Emails and all correspondence between the prior Pres....

09/02/2009   |   Category: Evidence » Privileges   |   State: California   |   #18400