Government » Records Legal Questions and Answers

What remedies do I have when denied a copy of a police report?

the home owner of a vacant house my son was shot in stealing copper wire shot him 3 times in the head and killed him.there calling it a justifiable homicide . I asked for a copy of the police report and was told to fill out request form. I did and i was sent a letter denying me a copy .I called ask why they told me to read gov. code 6254-f. and said that i need to the conserva...

04/20/2012   |   Category: Government » Records   |   State: California   |   #25664

Can a Person Photograph Public Records?

I wish to take photographs of public documents displayed on computer terminals at the local register of deeds because of a disability that makes it hard for me to keyboard there. He says it is restricted because of potential security issues and the possibility of disruptions. He says I have to make an appointment so security can be alerted and I have to be watched by staff.I do...

04/02/2011   |   Category: Government » Records   |   State: North Carolina   |   #24551

How Are Florida's Sunshine Laws Enforced?

If there has been a violation of the Florida Sunshine Law where is the complaint/charge brought to, i.e. what entity is the enforcement of the Sunshine Laws?' What is the statute of limitations for bringing a charge of violation of the Sunshine Law? I know you probably will without me asking, but what are the specific FL Statutes that cover these?

03/31/2011   |   Category: Government » Records   |   State: Florida   |   #24539