Husband and Wife » Community Property Legal Questions and Answers

How can I legally mortgage my mentally incompetent husband’s property?

My husband and I live in Nebraska. My husband is disabled and mentally incompetent. I want to mortgage some of his property to avail a loan from the bank. I am planning to use that money for his treatment. How can I legally mortgage my mentally incompetent husband’s property?

02/09/2017   |   Category: Husband and ... » Community Pr...   |   State: Nebraska   |   #31851

What are the rights of a husband and wife over a community property acquired after marriage?

I live with my wife in Nevada. After our marriage, we acquired a community property. We would like to know the rights we have over the community property?

12/26/2016   |   Category: Husband and ... » Community Pr...   |   State: Nevada   |   #28789

Is it possible to divide the community property?

My husband and I live in California. We jointly own a community property ever since we got married. Is it possible to divide the community property between the both of us into personal and individual property?

12/24/2016   |   Category: Husband and ... » Community Pr...   |   State: California   |   #28731

How is community property managed and who can do what with the property?

What are the rights between Husband and Wife to community property? How is it managed and who can do what with the property?

11/27/2016   |   Category: Husband and ... » Community Pr...   |   State: California   |   #27221

My Husband and I acquired property as tenants in common. Is this part of our community property?

My Husband and I acquired some commercial property. When it was bought it was titled to us as tenants in common. Does this mean this property is part of our community property?

11/25/2016   |   Category: Husband and ... » Community Pr...   |   State: California   |   #27167

Is New York State a community property state?

07/08/2007   |   Category: Husband and ... » Community Pr...   |   State: California   |   #6986