Husband and Wife » Personal Injury Legal Questions and Answers

Can an action be brought against a spouse for unlawful possession of the other spouse’s property?

My husband and I have been living in Illinois for the last seven years. Prior to our marriage, I owned a property worth a few million dollars. After I got married, my husband through coercion got control over my property. This has me worried as I fear that he might eventually try to take the property completely from me. I do not want a divorce from him but I want my property t...

11/30/2016   |   Category: Husband and ... » Personal Inj...   |   State: Illinois   |   #27355

My Husband is about to recover damages from a personal injury. Am I entitled any portion of the Damages?

My Husband was severely injured in a car accident while he was working. They are about the settle his claim with the insurance company of the other driver. I want to know if I am entitled to part of the money since we are married. I fear he is going to leave me once he gets the money.

11/25/2016   |   Category: Husband and ... » Personal Inj...   |   State: California   |   #27168