Insurance » Life Insurance Legal Questions and Answers

I was half beneficiary to my mothers $50,000 life insurance but the Company paid it all to the other Beneficiary.

I was half beneficiary to my mothers $50,000 life insurance she passed away 2years ago they paid it all to my daughter which was the other half she got it all I've been 2 yrs trying to get them to tell me they made a mistake finally they told me I should have got half should I have to wait till they collect it back from her to get my part their mistake not mine. My daughter is ...

04/02/2017   |   Category: Insurance » Life Insurance   |   State: Kentucky   |   #34997

Who get life insurance if beneficiary dies before the insured and no alternate named?

A women passed away in May and left a life insurance policy to her mother and another to her husband and 3 children. Her mother passed away 3 years ago, so who does the insurance policy that was left to her mother go to? Her husband and 3 children or her mothers husband (they were separated for almost 15 years)?

12/03/2016   |   Category: Insurance » Life Insurance   |   State: Florida   |   #27470

Can one spouse legally designate someone else to be their beneficiary for their life insurance?

If a husband and wife are separated (not legally - just living apart), can one of the spouses legally designate someone else to be their beneficiary for their life insurance?

05/24/2007   |   Category: Insurance » Life Insurance   |   State: Colorado   |   #5850