Internet » Hacking Legal Questions and Answers

What Can I Do if Someone Hacks into My Facebook Account and Steals My Information?

Someone broke into my facebook account and email account. I have evidence. He has been breaking in my emails, facebook; phone account, etc harassing me. Using the information to his advantage. What can I do?

01/02/2011   |   Category: Internet » Hacking   |   State: West Virginia   |   #23921

Is Planting a Virus in a Computer a Federal Crime?

I am 50% owner of Buy and Ship International. Recently our site had a virus placed on it which completely rendered it useless, and it Norton has given our site an unsafe rating with 79 threats. Yesterday our entire site was wiped off. I contacted our dedicated server people, Single Hop, and they were able to obtain the ftp log and proof of the party who did this. It was Autxlo...

02/02/2010   |   Category: Internet » Hacking   |   State: California   |   #20755

Is It Illegal to Break into Someone's Email?

is it illegal to break in to someones email?

12/25/2009   |   Category: Internet » Hacking   |   State: Alaska   |   #20178

What Are The Penalties in Virginia for Computer Hacking?

If an individual is convicted of spying by computer, what is the likely punishment for first offense?

08/28/2009   |   Category: Internet » Hacking   |   State: Virginia   |   #18308

Can Information Gained by Hacking be Used in a Divorce?

I am in the middle of a five year divorce. My husband hacked into my emails. I moved away to get away from him the main way I communicate with my attorney is through emails. My husband got over 400 attorney/client private communications from me. He then fired his attorney and hired a new one who then tried to use this information in open court against me. The emails contained v...

08/05/2009   |   Category: Internet » Hacking   |   State: New Mexico   |   #17960

What is My Recourse If Someone Forwards My Email to Another Computer?

What can I do if someone broke into my email and forwarded mails to their email address?

07/02/2009   |   Category: Internet » Hacking   |   State: Georgia   |   #17307

Can I be jailed for hacking into my wife's facebook account?

I knew my wife was hiding secrets from me so I got into her email so I could access her facebook account. I found out that she was having an affair with a coworker. I copied and pasted their comments to a word document for the purpose of proof. I am going to inform his wife since he is married as well. I lost my daughter since she took her once I found out. She is now threate...

04/19/2009   |   Category: Internet » Hacking   |   State: Wisconsin   |   #16050

What can we do if we believe our former CEO is trying to access our new CEO's email?

Our weekly report of authority/system reports revealed that a the former Chief Financial Officer of our company made three attempts to log into our current Chief Financial Officer's mail . We have identified their 'workstation' , 'geostation' and 'Thinkpad' ID numbers as his. Is this a crime? Should the company contact an attorney?

01/17/2009   |   Category: Internet » Hacking   |   State: New Jersey   |   #15015

What is federal law regarding hacking?

The Federal Computer Fraud & Abuse Act seems to only pertain to hacking financial and government information on "protected" computers. I know of someone living in California who has deleted files of other users accounts on an internet social networking site, through a program that would select which users he wanted to delete, and start deletion when they visited his user pro...

09/11/2007   |   Category: Internet » Hacking   |   State: ALL   |   #8629