Judgment Liens Legal Questions and Answers

How Do I Garnish Wages in California?

I have a judgement against x and need form to file to garnish his wages, How do I go about to do this

09/07/2009   |   Category: Judgment Liens   |   State: California   |   #18475

How Do I Get a Lien on a Person's Property After They Fail to Repay a Loan?

A certain realtor in Calif owes me monies $50,000 on two notes I am holding I need to place a lien on his porperties until paid. I am holding a note for lending $50,000.00 to a realtor in Calif and I would like to place a lienon his properties as further security.

09/06/2009   |   Category: Judgment Liens   |   State: Colorado   |   #18461

How Do I Remove a Judgment Lien in California After It Is Satisfied?

I placed a lien on the single family house of my ex-husband for a $30,000 marital dissolution settlement. If he were to pay me off with funds outside of a real estate transaction (not a refinance or sale) how is that lien removed or updated that it's paid. My ex wants me to submit a notarized statement that I have been paid, but that doesn't seem 'legal' enough to satisfy the...

06/18/2009   |   Category: Judgment Liens   |   State: California   |   #17060

Can the bank legally put a lien on my vehicle for monies owed for something else?

X bank has a judgment against me. I own a 2001 ford pickup truck that has a free and clear title. A deputy sheriff from the county came to my house and advised he had a levy against me for the truck and was there to retrieve the truck. I sold the truck to my son about three years ago and he uses it to operate his business; however, he did not transfer the title for insurance s...

05/26/2009   |   Category: Judgment Liens   |   State: Florida   |   #16787

Can I put a lien on a camper that I am oweed storage for?

I own a campground and a customer refuses to pay the storage bill (a year of storage is at stake). The couple is now getting a divorce, one has gone to prison and the other refuses to pay, but wants the camper. Could I file a mechanic's lien?

05/04/2009   |   Category: Judgment Liens   |   State: Ohio   |   #16530

Is it necessary for the Buyer to satisfy the judgment prior to purchasing the property?

Property owned by Joint Tenants with right of survivorship was forclosed upon and judgment entered (Writ of Execution - Mortgage Foreclosure filed. Sheriff's Sale was scheduled and Stayed by Mortgee who charged off debtor's account. The property was abandoned and is in poor condition. Mortgee has agreed to satisfy $62,000 mortgage upon payment of $15,000 by Buyer. No equity...

04/29/2009   |   Category: Judgment Liens   |   State: Pennsylvania   |   #16357

How do I file a lien on property in New Jersey?

I need to file a lien on property in New Jersey; I have a note that has been defaulted.

04/01/2009   |   Category: Judgment Liens   |   State: Florida   |   #15846

Can a bank put a lien on my property for credit card debt?

Can a bank, through their collection agency, put a lien on my property for non payment of credit cards?

03/17/2009   |   Category: Judgment Liens   |   State: New Jersey   |   #15655

How Do I get a Release of Lien for the Child Support Lien Placed Against My Home?

My ex filed a lien against my property for back child support for which she has no documentation. I filed a Contest of Lien on January 5, 2009. Her response was a 'Contest of Contest of Lien' (?). The 60 day requirement for her to file suit to enforce the lien has expired. What do I have to do to get this lien removed from the records as we are attempting to sell our house and ...

03/10/2009   |   Category: Judgment Liens   |   State: Florida   |   #15506

How do I obtain a writ of replevin to repossess a vehicle?

How do I obtain a writ of replevin to repossess a vehicle that the debtor is refusing to give up? I need to know what and where to file.

03/05/2009   |   Category: Judgment Liens   |   State: Arizona   |   #15452