Judgments Legal Questions and Answers

Is my home and car attachable assets?

is my home and car attachable assets?

11/05/2016   |   Category: Judgments   |   State: Missouri   |   #26213

Will a judgment against me in personal injury case appear on my credit report?

If I have a judgement rendered against me in an auto accident that is fully covered by my auto liability insurance policy, can this judgement still appear on my credit report? I have tried to find a definitive answer in the Fair Credit Reporting Act, but it appears to be silent on this issue.

02/11/2011   |   Category: Judgments   |   State: California   |   #24196

How can we challenge a fraud judgement and pursue actions against the plaintiff?

This is about a Fraud Judgment which we didn't know anything about until several months later because our attorney didn't tell us about it.As a result of a lawsuit stemming from a personal injury case (my daughter and I were the plaintiffs and were injured, the judgment was in our favor, and the jurors decided that we were injured due to the defendant's negligence), but because...

01/07/2011   |   Category: Judgments   |   State: California   |   #23958

Can I Be Forced to Answer Interrogatories Because I Didn't Pay a Judgment?

after a default judgement in a civil case, as part of the judgement, can a judge order the defendant to answer plantiffs interogatories for the purpose of debt collection?

09/04/2009   |   Category: Judgments   |   State: Colorado   |   #18449

Remove a Pennsylvania Satisfied Judgment From Credit Report When Judgment Creditor is Unable to Be

I RESIDED IN SUSQHANNA PENNSYLVANIA, I HAD A FELLOW SUE ME OVER A GUN. HE LOST THE CASE THEN APPEALED IT. WE WENT BEFORE A PANEL OF 3 JUDGES WHO AWARDED ME THE GUN AND HIM $783.00. I PAID HIM AND HAVE RECEIPT OF PAYMENT. HE THEN DISAPPEARED NOT TAKING THE JUDGMENT OFF. WE CANNOT LOCATE HIM. IS THERE ANYTHING WE CAN DO, AS IT IS SHOWING UP IN OUR CREDIT RATING?

06/10/2009   |   Category: Judgments   |   State: California   |   #16923

What is a summary judgement?

What is a summary judgment?

05/01/2009   |   Category: Judgments   |   State: Ohio   |   #16516

What are my rights when a Judgement by default has been entered?

We have been dealing with a vendor for approximately 10 years and have always had an understanding that we would buy during the year and then place a large order before Christmas. We would then pay as we could and then return any item that we did not sell. This past year was no different, except we decided with the salesman to set something up weekly/monthly. We then sent the...

05/01/2009   |   Category: Judgments   |   State: ALL   |   #16510

Are assets held in joint tenant accounts protected from judgements of one owner?

Are assets held in joint tenant accounts protected from judgements filed against only one of the joint tenants?

04/25/2009   |   Category: Judgments   |   State: Illinois   |   #16128

How do I file an abstract of Judgment?

How do I file an abstract of Judgment?

04/21/2009   |   Category: Judgments   |   State: California   |   #16076

What are my options to collect my judgement from someone who has not assets?

I am a licensed general contractor. I performed work on a duplex in 2003. I got paid for services on the first unit. I started work on the second unit and did not get paid when I asked for a progress check. The client sued me and lost. I won a judgment of $8500.00 for damages and $3500 for attorney fees in the court of Washington county. The client filed for an appeal and now t...

04/03/2009   |   Category: Judgments   |   State: Oregon   |   #15873