Liens Legal Questions and Answers

Can a mechanics lien be applied to a property with a verbal agreement?

Can a mechanics lien be applied to a property with a verbal agreement that was done (with witness) and do you have to be a licensed contractor to apply the lien?

08/20/2007   |   Category: Liens   |   State: Arizona   |   #8086

Does the lien requirement for a written contract apply in Colorado?

My landscaper has threatened to place a lien on my house, but we have no written contract. Does the lien requirement for a written contract apply in Colorado? The quality of work was extremely poor and I asked that work be stopped. I've asked for receipts for materials, but he has only provided a hand written list of items that are 3-4 times higher than they should be based ...

08/20/2007   |   Category: Liens   |   State: Colorado   |   #8085

What does "Upon Progress Payment" mean in reference to a lien release?

07/26/2007   |   Category: Liens   |   State: Florida   |   #7496

Can they place a lien or judgement against her for mothers debt?

My 82 year old Mother was in a nursing facility last fall where all fees were not paid relating to her stay. She has Medicare and BC/BS. They had ask that we file for Medicaid after her release to assist. This is unusal. We never had this occur before. Now, they are asking her to pay $9000.00 in fee for her stay and attorney's fees. They have filed a Motion for Summary Ju...

06/06/2007   |   Category: Liens   |   State: Florida   |   #6218

what is the process and forms we need to create a lien on a motorcycle?

what is the process and forms we need to create a lien on a motorcycle we did work on and have not been paid.? we are an incorporated business in the state of Maryland, Carroll County. for over 30 years now. i am quite certain our forms and other information is out of date. Thank You.! 

11/25/2016   |   Category: Liens » Vehicles   |   State: Maryland   |   #27161

Is there anything that can be done legally to get paid for work done on a motorcycle?

I have a shop where I do side work. It is not a business and I don't have a business license, but I have a motorcycle that has been finished for 3 months now and the owner has no money to pay me. Is there anything I can do legally to get him to pay for the work I have done.

08/15/2007   |   Category: Liens » Vehicles   |   State: Georgia   |   #7961