Paternity Legal Questions and Answers

Can a person use genetic test results to rebut the presumption that he is the father of the child?

I married a year before in Utah. Thereafter a child was born. But I found that my wife had an extramarital affair and the child was not mine. I wanna prove that am not the father of that child. Can I prove it by a genetic test?

03/02/2017   |   Category: Paternity   |   State: Utah   |   #33180

How to withdraw a petition to establish the paternity of my child?

My boyfriend refused to accept our child, so I filed a petition to establish paternity. Now I want to withdraw the petition as me and my boyfriend want to reunite. Can you tell me how to go about it? We live in Connecticut.

02/16/2017   |   Category: Paternity   |   State: Connecticut   |   #32277

My parents follow Indian customs and manners. Am I considered as their legitimate child?

I am a resident of Nebraska. My parents are Indians. My father and mother married under Indian customs and settled in Nebraska before I was born. They have not solemnized their marriage under Nebraska law. They lived together as husband and wife according to the customs and manners of Indian life Can I be considered as a legitimate child in Nebraska?

02/09/2017   |   Category: Paternity   |   State: Nebraska   |   #31852

Can I revoke an acknowledgment of paternity that was signed voluntarily in Wyoming?

I live in Wyoming. I had voluntary signed an acknowledgment of paternity last month. Lately, my girlfriend and I have started fighting a lot, on many occasions she has even asked me to leave the house. Now I regret my decision of signing the acknowledgment. Can I revoke an acknowledgment of paternity even though I had signed it voluntarily?

01/25/2017   |   Category: Paternity   |   State: Wyoming   |   #30953

Can paternity be established under presumption based on the conduct of the person towards the child?

I live in Wyoming with my boyfriend. We have a baby together and my boyfriend has been performing all the responsibilities of a father. At present, our child is 4 years old. How can I establish the paternity in this scenario?

01/18/2017   |   Category: Paternity   |   State: Wyoming   |   #30478

Can I get genetic testing to disestablish paternity in Iowa?

My ex-wife and I have a child together. I suspect the child is not mine. Can I get genetic testing to disestablish paternity in Iowa?

01/16/2017   |   Category: Paternity   |   State: Iowa   |   #30294

What can I do to prove my paternity and to have custody of my daughter?

I live in Kentucky. I filed a petition for custody of my illegitimate 4-year-old daughter. My daughter’s mother was killed in an automobile accident. I filed the petition three weeks after her death. She and I were the only persons who knew that I am the father of her daughter. What can I do to prove my paternity and to have custody of my daughter?

01/05/2017   |   Category: Paternity   |   State: Kentucky   |   #29515

I have a son with my girlfriend. How can I legitimize my son?

I am a resident of Mississippi. I have a son with my girlfriend. How can I legitimize my son?

01/04/2017   |   Category: Paternity   |   State: Mississippi   |   #29424

I am 14 years old and was born out of wedlock. Is it possible to grant me legitimation if my parents get married now?

I am 14 years old and I live in Virginia. I was born out of wedlock. Now my parents are planning to marry. Is it possible to grant me legitimation after their marriage?

01/02/2017   |   Category: Paternity   |   State: Virginia   |   #29305

If I go for divorce, what is the remedy available in New York to prove the paternity of the child?

I am a resident of New York. My wife delivered a second child last month and I am suspicious about the paternity of the child. If I go for divorce, what is the remedy available in New York to prove the paternity of the child?

01/02/2017   |   Category: Paternity   |   State: New York   |   #29301