What type of release would be needed to protect a self defense instructor?

Full Question:

I am a traveling self defense life skills Master Instructor. I just started to travel and train young and older adults on the art of street self defense. The sessions also include some physical cardio activity which is part of the overall routine and or lession as well as hands on demonstration of self defense techniques. Part of this training is knowledge and that comes from a presentation. I am looking for a liability release form that will protect me or an associate instructor that travels with me at times.
11/12/2009   |   Category: Personal Injury   |   State: New Jersey   |   #19589


A waiver or release gives up a right, such as releasing one from his/her liability for harm or damage that may occur from performing under a contract, or participating in an activity. Some activities are considered inherently dangerous, and those who participate in such activities may be required to sign a release form, acknowledging that they are assuming the responsibility for their voluntary participation in such activities. The release acts as an assurance to the person requesting the release that they will not be subjected to litigation resulting from the signing party's informed and consensual acts.

USLegalforms offers many types of these waivers, including recreational sports activities. The forms are written to be used in multiple jurisdictions. The negligence laws that would create a potential cause of action against a service provider is basically universal to all states.