Real Property » Adverse Possession Legal Questions and Answers

What forms do I need and how to file for adverse possession in Texas?

04/20/2017   |   Category: Real Property » Adverse Poss...   |   State: Texas   |   #36000

Can I File an Adverse Possession Claim on a House I've Lived in For Three Years?

If I file an Affidavit of Adverse Possession on a house I have been living in for the past 3 years that was foreclosed on and abandoned by the owner, what are the risks and are the possible outcomes of filing this affidavit? The things I know about the house is that it was foreclosed on and thensent to the Sheriff's / U.S. Trustee's Sale, but it did not get sold. And the the ba...

08/29/2011   |   Category: Real Property » Adverse Poss...   |   State: Texas   |   #25418

What is the Law on Squatter's Rights in Texas?

I want to file an app for squatters rights. I pay no rent. I've had the same address for more than 10 years. how should I proceed to obtaining the property thru squatters rights? I'm living on family property. I pay no rent. I've had this address for more than 10 years. I want to file for squatters rights. There is approx. 56 acres fence off. The house and barns are outside of ...

08/20/2011   |   Category: Real Property » Adverse Poss...   |   State: Texas   |   #25372

How Do I Gain Adverse Possession of Abandoned Property in Georgia?

I have discovered a property that is overgrown and unused. The owner died a few years ago and the lawyers handling her will are unable to find the person who was left the property. I am considering 'adverse possession' of this property for a number of reasons. Could the lawyers, as executors of the will, stop this process? What is the worst case scenario if I decide to proceed?

07/29/2011   |   Category: Real Property » Adverse Poss...   |   State: Georgia   |   #25252

Is the Boundary Line Between Properties Determined by a Fence?

If a fence has been on property dividing two landowners for 30 years plus, is this considered the boundary line when it's clear it isn't straight with the other end of the fence?

06/21/2011   |   Category: Real Property » Adverse Poss...   |   State: Kansas   |   #25069

What can be done now that we know there is an issue with property boundary lines?

Our property was surveyed this week and we discovered that our actual property line is not our driveway but actually crosses the neighbors lawn. Our property is a flag lot. The driveway was put in in 1075 by the builder, Baldwin. We did not know of this discripency until June of 2011. My question is, do we own the property bounded by the actual surveyed land or is this gran...

06/09/2011   |   Category: Real Property » Adverse Poss...   |   State: California   |   #25001

How Can I Prevent a Claim of Adverse Possession?

Hi, I am looking for a form that will prevent adverse possession of a piece of property that I own. I want a written agreement allowing a neighbor to park on the property but will not waive my rights to the property.

06/02/2011   |   Category: Real Property » Adverse Poss...   |   State: Massachusetts   |   #24955

What is Adverse Possession Law in Michigan?

I have been paying for a piece of property that I thought was mine, since 1981, I found out last year that there was a quick claim back in 1981, to community assoc, but the taxes had always came to me or my family, this property cuts right through my yard, I found out last year when trying to search what my property was or is, this is in michigan

04/26/2011   |   Category: Real Property » Adverse Poss...   |   State: Michigan   |   #24724

How do I stop my neighbor from establishing adverse possession?

My neighbor acts like the whole road (including everything on my side of the road) is his property. I'm concerned that he's actually trying to own this land over time. The road was a city by-way that has two telephone poles along it. It was a dirt road when I moved in but the neighbor has since paved it. (Without permits I believe.) He has put large flower pots in front of a sh...

02/24/2011   |   Category: Real Property » Adverse Poss...   |   State: Washington   |   #24294

What are the Laws for Adverse Possession in Missouri?

I just bought land in Collins Mo and had it surveyed. This showed that one neighbors driveway curved into my land. Driveway is about 5 years old. It also shows a cattle fence cuts across one corner of my land by about 100 x 300 feet. I don't know how long its been that way. My question is how does adverse possession effect me as the new owners? I know it is 10 years in this sta...

02/19/2011   |   Category: Real Property » Adverse Poss...   |   State: Missouri   |   #24255