Real Property » Foreign Transactions Legal Questions and Answers

Can A Foreigner Be Restricted from Owning Land in the United States?

I am a German farmer, 37 years old, I live in Germany and farm there. I want to buy some farmland in South Dakota and in about 10 years I want to move over there and spend the rest of my life in South Dakota. Now I read on your homepage that foreigners can not buy more than 160 acres of land and that there are some more restrictions. Is there any way to buy more? I want to buy ...

04/17/2010   |   Category: Real Property » Foreign Tran...   |   State: South Dakota   |   #21816

If I am not a US citizen can I still buy real estate in the US? - Foreign Transactions

I live in Canada and was interested in exchanging ownership of property that I own outside of the United States for property in Tennessee. I was told only a resident of Tennessee can hold title to property in Tennessee. Is this true?

04/27/2007   |   Category: Real Property » Foreign Tran...   |   State: ALL   |   #3364