Real Property » Liens Legal Questions and Answers

How Do I Sell a Timeshare in Maryland Subject to a Lien?

I want to quitclaim to a time share property in Ocean City, Maryland. They want to put a lien on the property and they refuse to take it back. I can no longer afford the piled up charges on the time share and the association refuses to help me divest myself of it; they just add more charges and threats.

06/10/2009   |   Category: Real Property » Liens   |   State: Maryland   |   #16925

Can I place a lien on a home that I have paid money for to protect if from sale until I am paid?

My question involves buying property for a relative. I personally financed a home for a relative and the initial purchased required me to place a deposit of my personal funds for over $50,000. After two years, the relative refinance this property for the existing amount. I have never been reimbursing for my original deposit. The original deposit remains outstanding. My questio...

05/04/2009   |   Category: Real Property » Liens   |   State: Florida   |   #16565

What forms is needed for a lien on property as security for money owed?

Need a lien doc to file when 2 parties mutually agree to place a lein on the property as security for money owed, not contractor work done.

05/04/2009   |   Category: Real Property » Liens   |   State: ALL   |   #16551

How do I release a lien on property I have sold?

I have sold a piece of real estate property and now need to provide a lien release. Please let me know all the forms required to complete this task.

04/30/2009   |   Category: Real Property » Liens   |   State: Texas   |   #16493

What is needed to release a lien on property I have sold?

04/30/2009   |   Category: Real Property » Liens   |   State: Texas   |   #16487

What is the time frame for a contractor to get a lien against a property?

A lien was filed against my property, by the contractor, 10 months after the completion of the job. I thought that a lien had to be filed within the first 3 months after. If this is true, what do I do next? Do I have legal recourse without getting a lawyer?

04/29/2009   |   Category: Real Property » Liens   |   State: ALL   |   #16427

What do I need in order to put a lien on the property I sold to my son?

I have sold my house in Ohio to my son. He owes me $40,000. I want to put a lein on the house. He is getting a divorce and has filed for Bankruptcy. I am 78 years old I do not need this kind of mess.

04/29/2009   |   Category: Real Property » Liens   |   State: ALL   |   #16424

How do I file a lien against a homeowner for dues owed to the HOA?

How can I obtain a form to file a lien against a homeowner for dues he owes the homeowners association?

04/29/2009   |   Category: Real Property » Liens   |   State: ALL   |   #16418

How do I place a lien on a property for dues to the HOA?

I'm the treasurer of our property owners association and need to place liens on property owners who have not paid their dues, as per our restrictive covenants filed in our articles of incorporation. What form do I use?

04/29/2009   |   Category: Real Property » Liens   |   State: ALL   |   #16367

Can I put a lien on a contractor's building/equipment?

We contracted to remodel our condo located in Florida. This was executed in November of 2007. As of January of 2008 the contractor acknowledged that he was unable to do this work due to financial and other business restraints. As of April of 2008 we have not received our deposit of $8,338.00. Can we, as individuals, place a lien on his building/equipment? If so, how? We have ...

04/28/2009   |   Category: Real Property » Liens   |   State: Florida   |   #16263