Real Property » Partition Legal Questions and Answers

[1 - 10 of 17]Page of 2

All 30 heirs have signed family property to me except for 1 person. How do I get full title?

We have family land that all the sisters and brothers have since died. All of the children agreed to let me have the land since they don't live in Virginia. I have paid taxes on the land for years and all others have signed the land over to me. In a title search another person is found. He refuses to communicate. Will a partition force him off the land? And how much of the land...

04/08/2017   |   Category: Real Property » Partition   |   State: Virginia   |   #35364

My Father paid taxes on property owned by he and Brother. Now both have died.

My father and his brother inherited his mother land and the brother refuse to help out with the taxes.My father paid the taxes for 5 years until his brother death and his bother will his share to his six kids and they refuse to help out with the property taxes and my father continue to pay the taxes for 3 more until he pass.My father will his share to his 3 boys and now h...

12/03/2016   |   Category: Real Property » Partition   |   State: Georgia   |   #27474

How Can I Force a Joint Owner to Sell Me Their Share of the Property?

In Alabama my Mom in 2004 made a warranty deed with joint tenance with survivorship rights. It was her name and mine and 2 siblings. One sibling just died and she wants me to have their part making me own two thirds at her death and my sister to own one third. I am told I cannot do this that I have to share 50/50 with sis upon Moms death and that sis can still take me to court...

07/18/2011   |   Category: Real Property » Partition   |   State: Alabama   |   #25203

How Does the Court Conduct a Sale of Property in a Partition Case?

I am an owner of one-third of irrigated agricultural land in Nebraska, which three of us inherited in equal amounts. One sibling who has plenty of cash wants to purchase the property, but doesn't want to pay a fair market value for the land and will not agree to a public auction, or make an offer. I am being pressured by my brother, and my own attorney to quickly participate i...

07/03/2011   |   Category: Real Property » Partition   |   State: Nebraska   |   #25136

How Do I File a Quiet Title Action in California?

how do you get a quiet title?

12/13/2010   |   Category: Real Property » Partition   |   State: California   |   #23812

How Can We Sell Property if We Can't Locate a Co-Owner?

My husband and I are co-borrowers to a real estate property, which we purchased in the middle of March, 2010. My husband's mother is the borrower. The deed is Right to Survivorship. We moved out of the property on August 8, 2010. The mother moved out towards the end of September without notifying us and called the mortgage company and told them that she was surrendering the pro...

11/06/2010   |   Category: Real Property » Partition   |   State: Arizona   |   #23576

If I Own Property With My Sister Do I Have to Pay Her Rent for Living on the Property?

My mother passed away, my sister and I were co-executors. As per the letter of testamentary the property was put in both of our names. I currently live on the property, pay all utilities, taxes, house insurance, lawn maint. etc... She has paid nothing to do with the house or property, but she wants rent without any responsibilities to house or property. What can I do? pay rent ...

10/23/2010   |   Category: Real Property » Partition   |   State: Texas   |   #23465

Does a Partition of Property in Texas Sever the Mineral Rights?

does a partition of the surface sever the minerals? minerals were not to be affected by the partition of the surface.

09/20/2010   |   Category: Real Property » Partition   |   State: Texas   |   #23210

How Do I Get a Co-Owner to Move Out of the Home?

My mom and Dad were divorced over 25 years ago. They each received 50% of house. My Dad cheated on my mom. Now she lives at home with Dementia;I am her daughter and caretaker. He drops by when he wants, won't move his things and says 'IT is MY house'. He refuses to leave my mom alone. He still has his mail delivered to my mom's house and is disrupting her stability. What can me...

08/10/2010   |   Category: Real Property » Partition   |   State: Michigan   |   #22871

How Can I Sell a Home if the Other Co-Owners Won't Sign the Papers?

We are trying to buy my husband's grandmother's house. She is in a nursing home and has been for over a year. We were just about to close when the bank's lawyers realized that the deed doesn't say with rights of survivorship. There are nine siblings and the lawyers have told us that they all must sign the deed along with their spouses. There are four of them refusing to sig...

03/13/2010   |   Category: Real Property » Partition   |   State: Kentucky   |   #21382
[1 - 10 of 17]Page of 2