Real Property » Sales Legal Questions and Answers

Can I Collect a Commission for Selling Real Estate and Have the Parties Waive My Liability for Being

I am handling the sale of a property for a friend who has agreed to pay me 2% of the sale rather than going through a real estate. Is there a legal form that I can have them sign that details the contract we have and will indemnify me of any liability surrounding the sale. Also, once I have a buyers offer is there a legal form that they will sign which will state that they ar...

04/13/2014   |   Category: Real Property » Sales   |   State: New York   |   #25743

Can a Non-Citizen purchase Real Property in the Name of a Child?

I am not a US-citizen and not a resident of Salem, MAI would like to buy a condo in Salem, MA.My question is; what is the law in MA for owning a property for non residents and non US citizens.I have a son 3 years old who is a US citizen.Can I buy the condo under his name also?

05/11/2011   |   Category: Real Property » Sales   |   State: Massachusetts   |   #24808

Can Children Sell Property Still Titled in the Names of Deceased Parents?

My father-in law recently passed away in Oklahoma. (My Mother-in law died 3 months earlier. Nothing was filed for her except death certificates to Social Security etc.) All assets except his home were sold or disposed of before death with power of attorney for both Mom & dad. (Home is still recorded in the names of both Mom & dad) His sons are trying to sell his home 'by ...

04/25/2011   |   Category: Real Property » Sales   |   State: Oklahoma   |   #24709

Who is the Seller When a Life Estate is Sold?

When real estate with a life tenant and a remainderman (both still living) is sold by the life tenant , who is the seller? A warranty deed was signed by both parties.

02/27/2011   |   Category: Real Property » Sales   |   State: Idaho   |   #24309

How Do I Remove an Agreement of Sale from County Records?

BUYERS ABANDON PROPERTY. WE HAVE REHABED AND RENTED IT.BUYERS HAD AN AGREEMENT OF SALE RECORDER.(NODEED PASSED) WHAT FORM DO I USE TO REMOVE RECORDING FROM RECORD SO TITLE CO WILL ISSUE CLEAR TITLE? IS AZ-REAL-10 RIGHT OR WHAT IS? AGREEMENT HAD FORFIETURE CLAUSE? I ALSO NEED A FORM FOR LEASE ND LEASE WITH OPTION TO BUY.

09/15/2009   |   Category: Real Property » Sales   |   State: Arizona   |   #18629

What is the Advantage of a Contract for Deed if Building My Own Son's Home?

HIwe are taking out a 2nd mortgage to help our son build a new home. It is hard for him to get a construction loan on his own.So my husband and I, would finance with a 2nd mortgage against our home, and self contract the home ourselves for our son.We have built 5 homes over the last 30 years for ourselves, and moved into each of them lived in them for a while, then sold and bui...

09/08/2009   |   Category: Real Property » Sales   |   State: Wisconsin   |   #18478

Can a Noncitizen Own a Home in the United States?

I am a citizen of Bermuda who spent 6 years in Boston in school and have visited MA once a year (and sometimes more) I would like to purchase a condo in MA to use a vacation home. Can I own a home in MA

07/27/2009   |   Category: Real Property » Sales   |   State: Massachusetts   |   #17831

What Form So I Use For A Seller Financed Home Sale?

I am not sure what form I need to use, we are selling a home and have offered to finance it for a year, with a full buy out at the end of the year. We would like a form that covers the buyer paying for all taxes and insurance on the house. The first years payments would be based on a 30 year loan.

07/08/2009   |   Category: Real Property » Sales   |   State: Oklahoma   |   #17394

What Are the Consequences of a Parent Deeding Property to a Child?

My 90 year old father wants to quit-claim his residence to me. What are the legal and tax ramifications, if any?

06/30/2009   |   Category: Real Property » Sales   |   State: Florida   |   #17256

If a Spouse is in Jail, Can I Sell Property Without His Signature?

In the state of Louisiana, if your spouse is incarcerated in state prison, is it legal to sell your home without the spouse's signature or approval?

06/26/2009   |   Category: Real Property » Sales   |   State: Louisiana   |   #17204