Small Claims Legal Questions and Answers

How do I collect from the warranty company if I feel they have not honored my warranty?

I got a new home four years and three months ago. Kitchen cabinets have a five year warranty (NC Manuf). The finish is chipping off after one year. I called manufacturer and received no response. Second year I had factory representative out and took pictures. He said that he 'had never seen this problem before'. Then sent (2) of my doors to factory for inspection, they were nev...

04/29/2009   |   Category: Small Claims   |   State: Georgia   |   #16461

What is the requirements of expert witness in small claim court?

In medical malpractice suits, I know that an expert witness must be provided by the plaintiff with proper notification of his/her credentials within a certain time before trial. However, in small claims court in Texas, does this requirement pertain? In other words, I have filed a case in small claims court - does the requirement for hiring and presenting an expert witness exi...

04/06/2009   |   Category: Small Claims   |   State: Texas   |   #15900

How do I answer an appeal in small claims court?

We won a judgment in Small Claims Court for the return of our live dog. The Defendant has now appealed the decision, which now goes to the Civil Courts Of Superior Court in Indiana. Can you tell us what forms we will need to file with the court? It states as follows 'The Plaintiffs must file an entirely new document repeating the allegations from the notice of claim in small...

03/13/2009   |   Category: Small Claims   |   State: Indiana   |   #15620

What is involved in issuing a subpoena for an out of state witness in a Small Claims action?

03/12/2009   |   Category: Small Claims   |   State: Texas   |   #15608

What are the requirements to sue in small claims court?

I retired from the University of California (01/01/09) and a lump sum pay off ($71000) was sent to Fidelity Investments to go in my 401k. 01/16/09.I had contacted a Fidelity Retirement Counselor in November, 2008, and told her I did not want my new money to go in the any of the default mutual funds that the account had which I had chosen as investments months before.I made clea...

01/23/2009   |   Category: Small Claims   |   State: California   |   #15057

Can you file a small claims lawsuit against someone in another state?

Can small claims be filed via the internet & processed via the internet & a server in all states? I was asking as an individual if a small claim suit can be executed say from Arizona to Florida via internet using possibly a server (with pay) to collect a debt owed?

01/23/2009   |   Category: Small Claims   |   State: Arizona   |   #15047

What can I sue for in small claims court?

11/15/2007   |   Category: Small Claims   |   State: Arizona   |   #12328

Can new evidence be introduced in small claims court on appeal?

I was a defendant in a small claims case, where the motion had no merrit, therefore the case was dismissed with prejudice. The plaintiff has appealed the decision. My question is: does this mean he is appealing the decision of the Magisgtrate based on facts already submitted, or is he going to be able to bring in any new evidence?

09/20/2007   |   Category: Small Claims   |   State: Michigan   |   #8921

What is the difference between no response and a denial on small claims paperwork?

What in the difference between a defendant's no answer and denied answer on small claims paperwork?

09/20/2007   |   Category: Small Claims   |   State: Connecticut   |   #8895

What to do about damages being sought in teen shoplifting case?

I have a 14yr old child who was caught at a Macy's dept. store ,along with several other kids, shoplifting. Now my child didnt actually steal anything, the only thing she was caught doing was removing the tag off of a bracelet. My child was not found with any merchandise on her, but the other girls that were with her had stolen several items. My child did recieve a ticket from ...

05/26/2007   |   Category: Small Claims   |   State: Texas   |   #5967