What Law Covers a Private Bridge in Oregon?

Full Question:

what laws govern private bridges in clackamas county?
11/08/2010   |   Category: Zoning   |   State: Oregon   |   #23586


Local zoninig ordinances and private contracts, such as a private maintenance or easement agreement between landowners, will primarily govern a private bridge. The most common way of providing relief from the provisions of a zoning ordinance is through the granting of a variance. This is an authorization to use land or to operate a business in a way that would otherwise be prohibited by the zoning ordinance. It is also used to give relief from, or permit reduction of, one or more requirements of the ordinance as applied to a particular site.

An appeal is usually made by the completion and filing of an appeal form as required by local procedures, and should include the specific reason for the appeal. The appeal may be brought by a person (the property owner, lessee or option holder) aggrieved by the refusal of the building inspector or designated administrative officer to approve an action, or by a person aggrieved because another person’s proposal was approved, or by a person who has been cited for a violation of the zoning regulations.

We suggest contacting the local zoning board or land use commission, or having a local attorney review all the facts and documents involved.

Please see the contact information at the following link: