How do I get my personal property from my ex-boyfriend if he will not return it?

02/08/2007 - Civil Actions - State: CA #578

Full Question:

My ex-boyfriend moved some of my things out of his house when I was out of town visiting my sick mother. He won't give back all the rest of my personal property. What do I have to do to get the rest back?


Conduct that harms other people or their property is generally called a tort. It is a private wrong against a person for which the person may recover damages.The injured party may sue the wrongdoer to recover damages to compensate him for the harm or loss caused. The conduct that is a tort may also be a crime.

A conversion occurs when personal property is taken by a defendant and kept from its true owner without permission of the owner. Conversion is a tort. It is the civil side of the crime of theft.

Please see the information at the following links: Please see the forms at the following links:

02/08/2007 - Category: Civil Actions - State: CA #578

See more Questions in the Civil Actions Category