Civil Actions Legal Questions and Answers

[1 - 10 of 380]Page of 38

How Do I Respond to a Motion for Summary Judgment?

What is the name of the form I need to respond to a Motion for Summary Judgment if I do not agree with the motion?

03/05/2012   |   Category: Civil Actions   |   State: Idaho   |   #25626

Can I Amend a Complaint to Add a Party to a Case that was Filed Three Years Ago?

Can I file a modified complaint after more than 3 years as the action hasn't been settled yet, to add the LLCs my husband controlled involving real property, to the action as parties. These LLCs were also put into receivership by his ex business partner in 2010. The ex business partner claimed my husband defaulted on their buyout agreement and filed to be Judgment Creditor Rece...

01/17/2012   |   Category: Civil Actions   |   State: New York   |   #25589

Can I Ask a Judge to Modify a Trust and For Declaratory Relief at the Same Time?

Under Indiana law, may a beneficiary petition the Court under Indiana Code 30-4-3-24.4 or 30-4-3-26 and simultaneously request a declaratory judgement, under Indiana Code 34-14-1-11 regarding the administration of the trust, under one cause number or are these two separate causes of action?

09/28/2011   |   Category: Civil Actions   |   State: Indiana   |   #25506

When Do I Need to Tell the Other Party Who I Plan to Call as a Witness?

I am pro-se and want to send interrogatories to wtinesses I would call. Does the opposing party have to know if I only plan to submit to the custody evaluator prior to her report?

07/28/2011   |   Category: Civil Actions   |   State: Minnesota   |   #25246

How Do I File a Motion For Continuance?

How do i file a motion and order for continuance to the Prince George's County Circuit court. Just founnd that I was not botified that there will be a hearing but i will be on travel and unable to attend.

06/14/2011   |   Category: Civil Actions   |   State: Maryland   |   #25021

Can a member represent the LLC in civil court or must it hire an attorney?

I am the majority shareholder (83%) in Quantum Labs LLC. Quantum Labs LLC is being sued by FedEx Freight for late payment in Civil Court for $10,830. I personally filed a response to the suit claiming 'Unjust Enrichment' since the last statement from FedEx Freight we received was only for $4,400. Now the Plaintiff is requesting a Default Judgment on the basis that I personal...

05/20/2011   |   Category: Civil Actions   |   State: California   |   #24879

How can we get a hearing delayed until new legal counsel is secured?

My son's attorney just withdrew from his case because he said we have no confidence in him. He's right. This is a custody situation and the other side has called a court hearing. The problem is the attorney who my son wants to hire ( she has verbally agreed to take the case) is out of town for another 3 weeks or so. The hearing will take place before she returns. We really...

05/06/2011   |   Category: Civil Actions   |   State: Utah   |   #24788

How Do I Get the Gas Company to Repair the Damage They Caused on My Property?

Last year I purchased a house. I came home one day in November and the gas company, Vectren, had jack-hammered a big hole in my concrete driveway and torn up my lawn to replace risers in the neighborhood. I was not notified of this and they just filled the hole in with gravel and left after they were done. I called three times and was given told that the hole will get fixed by ...

04/21/2011   |   Category: Civil Actions   |   State: Indiana   |   #24694

How Do I File a Motion to Change Venue in Tax Court?

Hello, I have a trial in May 2011 in tax court in San Francisco. I have written the prosecuting attorney and have asked if we could move the trial to San Diego and to move it from May to October of this year. She has agreed. Therefore, she has said that I need to file a Motion for Continuance and a Motion for Change of Venue. Thus, I have 2 questions.1.) Could you please tell m...

04/05/2011   |   Category: Civil Actions   |   State: California   |   #24579

How Do I Amend a Complaint in Federal District Court?

Greetings, I need to amend the complaint I filed in proper in Federal southern district court. I am in San Diego. The pleadings have not been served yet. I want to file an expatriate application for extension of time to serve these pleadings first and then amend the complaint before it is served. See Rule 77 District Courts and Clerks (m) time limit for service. Can your co...

04/05/2011   |   Category: Civil Actions   |   State: California   |   #24571
[1 - 10 of 380]Page of 38

Ask Legal Question

Your Privacy is 100% Confidential!