Civil Actions Legal Questions and Answers

[21 - 30 of 385]Page of 39

How Do I Compel Discovery When the Judge Has Recused Himself from the Case?

I filed a complaint pro se against the county and sent my 1st set of interrogatories and request for production of documents with a 28-day time.The county's attorney 2 weeks later filed a motion for a protective order to keep from answering the interrogatories or producing the documents pending deposition of me, which they have never attempted to schedule.The judge then recused...

12/04/2010   |   Category: Civil Actions   |   State: Ohio   |   #23758

How Do I File an Amended Complaint in Florida?

Last Wednesday, I filed a started a lawsuit and had a process server serve the Summons. I would like to Amend my Complaint I just served on Monday - before the defendant 'answers'I want the Amended and base my new Complaint for 'Discovery' reasons only - to help give me a better 'Cause of Action' to know exactly what I am suing for.I need the statute numbers or Fl rule of civil...

11/28/2010   |   Category: Civil Actions   |   State: Florida   |   #23714

How do I file appeal to court decision?

Defense won motion for summary disposition sent letter saying I have 7 days to object, I objected, hearing on Dec 6. Judge gave defense 35 days to enter judgement. I want to appeal but will not get transcripts from motion hearing before February 10. Do I have to appeal without motion hearing transcripts, or do I appeal based on defense judgement order? Please send case law.

11/19/2010   |   Category: Civil Actions   |   State: Michigan   |   #23670

Can I get compensated for my out of pocket expenses that I paid that the person's insurance didn't pay?

Can I get compensated for my out of pocket expenses that I paid, the extra car insurance and the deduction of on repair that the person's insurance company didn't pay? Can I get the person who's fault it was to reimburse my expenses?

11/05/2010   |   Category: Civil Actions   |   State: Delaware   |   #23570

Can I Be Billed for Calling 911 to Help a Drunken Roommate Who Was Unresponsive?

One night a few months ago, my former roommate literally fell into our apartment drunk. He could barely move. He crawled his way into the bathroom and struggled to hold himself up for a few hours to try to vomit. After two hours of showing no recovery signs, I called 911. They took him in. He turned out to be fine after a few more hours. He is now asking me to foot the 91...

10/12/2010   |   Category: Civil Actions   |   State: California   |   #23375

How Do I Sue an Animal Control Officer for Not Identifying Himself?

I was approached in the Park by my house by Animal Control. I was walking my dogs at the time, and the Animal Control Officer asked me for ID. Before presenting my ID, I asked the Officer for his ID. He would not provide any and instead pointed to the emblem on his shirt which looked generic and I could not make it out as belonging to Animal Control. I have 2 Chihuahuas and ...

10/10/2010   |   Category: Civil Actions   |   State: New Jersey   |   #23362

What Does Unclean Hands and Failure to State a Claim Mean?

I filed a dispute in small claims, and his attorney stated his first defense was that I failed to state a claim upon which relief can be granted. Second was Plaintiff has unclean hands. What actions will I need to take to respond in court? I don't know what it means. I filed a small claims court against my ex-fiance. I have receipts for things I paid for with his promise to r...

09/15/2010   |   Category: Civil Actions   |   State: Georgia   |   #23172

Can I I File A Complaint With a Motion for Leave to File?

Need to know what form to file a complaint under emotional injury, IIED, Intentional infliction of emotional distress. The general time limit to file is one year, but I have missed that time limit. Do I need to file first an application for permission to file, and await the court's decision on the application, or do I attach the permission to file along with the complaint?

08/30/2010   |   Category: Civil Actions   |   State: New York   |   #23053

Can I Recover Damages for a Wrongful Arrest on a Ticket I Already Paid?

Wen I was pulled over for speeding, they had ran my license, it came up as being suspended for a whole year which I was unaware of. I had a previous speeding ticket in the same county in which I paid in full. They had no ther reason to put me in jail because I had proof that I paid my ticket, and which my license should't of been suspended. They failed to notify the DMV about m...

06/21/2010   |   Category: Civil Actions   |   State: Georgia   |   #22434

How Does a Court Examine an Exhibit Attached as Evidence in Suppot of a Motion?

A Judge ruled in my breach of contract case that in my memorandum of opposition to a motion to dismiss that I did not cite the literature from the university that promises alumni access to the campus. However, I did cite the alumni brochure in the complaint and I included it as an exhibit. Should the judge have considered the citation and exhibit in the complaint when renderi...

05/27/2010   |   Category: Civil Actions   |   State: New York   |   #22241
[21 - 30 of 385]Page of 39