Civil Actions » Default Judgment Legal Questions & Answers

In Ohio, what is the maximum wage garnishment percentage for a civil suit judgment?

For Ohio, what is the maximum wage garnishment percentage for a civil suit judgment and is this from net income or gross income? Does chapter 13 bankruptcy protect you from future and current civil suit judgments, even if your wages are garnished from it? Can wages be garnished ...

05/09/2007 | Category » Default Judgment  State » OH  #4289
Is there any way to terminate a judgement from seven years ago?

I have a $500.00 judgement on me by an old landlord because we moved before lease was up. It has been around seven years ago. He also never refunded our deposit which we figured he would do. We feel we really do not owe him. We had been there 2 yrs. suppose to have been on month ...

05/14/2007 | Category » Default Judgment  State » LA  #4736
Where can I find an example of a motion for judgement due to default in a civil action case?

I need an example of a motion for judgement due to default in a civil action case. (Defendant has not replied within 60 day time frame after summons and complaint have been filed with court and sent certified mail on 19 December 2008) Civil Action filed in U.S. Federal Court and...

02/20/2009 | Category » Default Judgment  State » MO  #15302
How do I go about requesting a default judgment in law division?

How do I go about requesting a default judgment in law division? Do I send document to County Courthouse? How does the Judgment show up on their credit report? I am in New Jersey;defendant is in Ohio.

02/24/2009 | Category » Default Judgment  State » NJ  #15352
How do I have a judgement set aside if I never received any notice of intent to sue me?

There is a judgment on my credit report but I was never served any papers or notified in any way of a lawsuit. What form do I need to get this removed/deleted/set aside or is there something else that I need to do? The judgment was entered in January of this year.

03/19/2009 | Category » Default Judgment  State » TN  #15692
Which form do I use to vacate a supreme court judgment done by default in a partition case?

Which form do I use to vacate a supreme court judgment done by default in a partition case? Is it an order to show cause or a separate motion? Do i need an affidavit to support it? How detailed should it be? I need complete detailed information. I need to vacate judgment b...

04/21/2009 | Category » Default Judgment  State » NY  #16070
What motion would I use respond to an Entry of Judgment?

What motion would I use respond to an Entry of Judgment by confession in which the attorney fees are unreasonable and are inconsistent with the terms of the underlying note requesting a change in attorney fees? According to the judgment I have 60 days to respond by filing a moti...

04/21/2009 | Category » Default Judgment  State » MD  #16073
What can I do when I did not appear in court for a citiation?

I received a traffic citation for corrections (a fixing ticket), the matter has been corrected. The court will not hear the case now because they said it is now in collections. My drivers license has now been suspended because I didnt appear on the citation. What can I file in ...

04/29/2009 | Category » Default Judgment  State » ALL  #16408
How would I request a new trial if a judgement has been entered because I missed court?

I have a default small claims judgment against me I didn't show up because I forgot due to having a cold. Because I missed court, the plaintiff got a default judgment of $2000.00. I was told that I had 3 days to file a motion for new trial; which I plan to do within my 3 days. I ...

05/19/2009 | Category » Default Judgment  State » LA  #16716