Contracts » Recission Legal Questions & Answers

How long do I have after I purchased my car to return it without consequences?

I purchased a car on impulse that I can't afford. I traded my car in, but the next day I had buyers remorse. I went to the dealership to try to renege on the agreement but they said I couldn't. It was always my understanding they you had 72 business hours to renege on a contrac...

03/26/2007 | Category » Recission  State » TX  #1524
Can I back out of the sale of our home if we have not found somewhere to move to?

We recently sold our home and need to be out in 30 days. At the time of signing the contract with the buyer we stated to our realtor that we would need to be flexible on the closing. She agreed, but states we have to be out even though we have not found another place to live. ...

04/16/2007 | Category » Recission  State » TN  #3130
What recourse can be taken if my mother signed a contract to sell and later recinded?

I currently live in a residence owned by my mother. She accepted an offer in writing to sell the property. She changed her mind about selling it,but the buyer is now suing her for breach of contract. Is she legally bound to sell now? Will a judge make her sell it? Also I am getti...

04/18/2007 | Category » Recission  State » TX  #3176
How long do you have to recind the purchase of a new vehicle?

Is there a rescind / cooling off time on a purchase of a new vehicle?

04/24/2007 | Category » Recission  State » FL  #3282
Is there a time period in which you can recind a lease agreement you signed?

If you sign a lease and change your mind within 3 days, can you get out of the agreement?

05/03/2007 | Category » Recission  State » PA  #3604
is there buyer's remorse for for renter's in Maryland?

If I signed a lease to a townhouse yesterday (my roommate and I saw the place and signed a lease on the spot yesterday morning) and I told my soon to be landlord in 24 hr period time. Is there buyers remorse for renter in Maryland and if so what is time frame? Do I need to put i...

09/16/2007 | Category » Recission  State » MD  #8792
If a company fails to honor the contract does that make it void?

Would the following circumstances be legal reason enough to consider a contract void?1. Company 'A' was forced to agree to the terms of the contract under duress. ( a contract we were extorted into giving up our promised discount AND where we agreed to pay them 1% per day if our ...

01/21/2009 | Category » Recission  State » NV  #15031
What are my options to have funds held in trust until arbitrator can help resolve issues?

I have a situation where I am being asked to close on a property that was jointly owned by myself and ex-spouse. Some time ago the realtors asked if they could drop the price of the condo since we had received no offers since August 2008. I agreed, but the ex-spouse refused. The ...

01/29/2009 | Category » Recission  State » FL  #15097
What should I do to ensure that the contract I signed on a time share is cancelled?

I SIGNED A LEASE WITH OPTION TO BUY FOR A TIME SHARE IN FLORIDA. I OPTED TO CANCEL THE CONTRACT WITHIN THE 10 DAY CANCELLATION PERIOD. I USED THE ONLINE FORM FROM LEGALZOOM.COM. I HAD THE FORM NOTARIZED AND MAILED THE FORM CERTIFIED RETURN RECEIPT. I AM STILL WITHIN THAT 10 DAY P...

02/02/2009 | Category » Recission  State » CO  #15130
What does the rescission mean?

On 11/07/2008, 2 documents were recorded. (1) Notice of Breach and Default (2) Notice of rescission of Declaration of Default and Demand for Sale and of Notice of Breach and Election to Cause Sale. Both dated and stamped the same day and time. I did not receive notice of either...

02/09/2009 | Category » Recission  State » NV  #15209
What can I do about the fitness club suing me for breach of contract?

I have signed a contract with Bally's Fitness Center and I accept my stupidity because I did not read and clear the provisions. In short, I thought the program will not be for three years. I wrote them a letter telling them that I cannot continue anymore because I have no time...

02/22/2009 | Category » Recission  State » CA  #15326
What can I do if I believe my realtor took advantage of me in the recent purchase of a condo?

I purchased a condo from a Realtor who had that condo under contract only to turn around and sell the condo for more. She only offered me 2 of 50 condos that were for sale. I closed on it and I dislike it greatly. I paid too much for it. Is what she did illegal? Can I prove what...

02/24/2009 | Category » Recission  State » CO  #15344
How do I void an offer to purchase real estate since there are two liens against the property?

I have recently signed an offer to purchase real estate and am now finding out that there are two separate liens on the property. How do I terminate this offer?

02/24/2009 | Category » Recission  State » IL  #15347
How do we get a refund for a vehicle for a faulty vehicle?

My son and I purchased a vehicle less than a week ago (on 24 Feb) from a seller. The vehicle has 160K miles with no warranty. On the day of purchase, we picked the vehicle up and went directly to National Tire and Battery to have them adjust the alignment and perform an inspec...

03/02/2009 | Category » Recission  State » TX  #15410
Are we still obligated to pay the lease if there was a typo regarding dates of lease?

We signed a lease in California with the dates written in for Dec 25 2008 - Dec 31 2008. After living there for one month we gave 30 days written notice and moved out. Our lease stated that 30 days written notice was required. We assumed it was basically going to be a month to mo...

03/02/2009 | Category » Recission  State » CA  #15418
Can I return the car I bought after 10 days if I don't want to keep it?

We bought a car 10 days ago, we are not happy with the car. We would like to return the car. What can we do?

03/12/2009 | Category » Recission  State » MS  #15602
Can the dealership offer no interest until contract signing and then add in interest due to credit?

My friend bought a Volkswagon Jetta from a dealership in Boise. She bought it for $10,000 with zero percent interest per signed contract. Then the dealer said that she had to pay 4.9 percent interest after the contract was signed because of her credit score and because they said ...

03/18/2009 | Category » Recission  State » AK  #15672
How valid can a contract with both parties signing and agreeing and later one party backs out?

How valid can a contract with both parties signing and agreeing and later the other party changed their mind before its effective date.

03/20/2009 | Category » Recission  State » CA  #15699
Can I claim buyer's remorse in Ohio since the car broke down the same day I bought it?

I just bought a brand new 2009 Ford Focus. I drove less than a hundred miles the day I bought it and then I went to the store and when I came back out I was unable to start the car. I called Ford Assistance and two hours later they towed it back to the dealer. I just bought th...

03/28/2009 | Category » Recission  State » OH  #15804
Am I legally required to give money back for pool table that has not bee picked up by new owner?

I sold a very nice pool table to someone and the sale was to be paid by certified check. One day after I deposited the check, the purchaser calls wanting the money back because they say their water heater went out. They have not picked up the table. Am I required to give them the...

04/06/2009 | Category » Recission  State » IN  #15895
Is a contract void if fraud was used to have the contract signed?

Can a contract, that is 'solid' be broken or declared NULL and VOID if the inducement to sign it was based on FRAUD and MISREPRESENTATION. The ancillary benefits stated by the sales person NEVER existed. I'm a Canadian resident who was 'tricked' into signing a Timeshare upgrade (...

04/07/2009 | Category » Recission  State » FL  #15904
How do I get my money back for the build it wourself website?

I was riped off by buying a website to build yourself. The cost $9,000. Everyone says its a rip off. I didn't know much about website. I want my money back. I paid $4,000 up front the rest was to be pay monthly, $169.00. Can you help me get my money back? I do not want the websit...

04/09/2009 | Category » Recission  State » MI  #15935
What is the safest way to voluntarily relinquish a vehicle I can no longer afford?

What is the safest way to voluntarily relinquish my 2007 KIA. All of my payments are up to date with 22 of 72 monthly payments made.

04/14/2009 | Category » Recission  State » WA  #16014
I have rescinded a contract for deed due to default

I have rescinded a contract for deed due to default. What form do I file with the county clerk to cancel the contract?

04/28/2009 | Category » Recission  State » ALL  #16291
Rescinding a Contract with a Company I suspect is Committing Fraud

What steps do I need to take to rescind a contract with a company I suspect is committing fraud?

04/28/2009 | Category » Recission  State » ALL  #16322
Do I have the right to ask for my down payment back and no take the vehicle?

I'm in the process of leasing two vehicles, I have signed buyers orders and various other documents but have not signed the contracts as of yet due to the vehicles not being on the dealers lot for me to take them home. They are having them shipped in. After leaving the dealersh...

04/29/2009 | Category » Recission  State » ALL  #16399