Contracts Legal Questions and Answers

Do I have to repay my ex-girlfriend for the gift of a motorcycle?

I have a motorcycle that was purchased for me by an Ex. I have title and vhehicle in my possesion. She is now wanting a payment for vehicle that has been in my posesion for over 1 year. Do i have to pay her, and if i do can i just give her the motorcylce back. The cost of the Motorcyle is 8000.00 there was never any contract agreement to payment.

03/10/2012   |   Category: Contracts   |   State: Florida   |   #25629

How Do I Sue for Repair Work Claimed But Not Made to My Car?

I took my car to a repair shop for a starter car was running fine before going to this shop after i got my car its been in my garage and i have been working on it. I payed for parts to be installed, but i found they were not installed also parts are missing from my car also it,s been over a year.

09/15/2009   |   Category: Contracts   |   State: Georgia   |   #18614

Can a Creditor Apply a Past Balance to A Refund After the Statute of Limitations?

My local hospital over- charged me by $100 for the co-pay on a recent out-patient test I had performed at their facility. When I received my insurance claim report indicating the over-charge, I phoned the hospital and they admitted they accidentally over-charged me and would refund the $100 to me as long as I didn't owe them money on any other account in my name. When the refun...

09/08/2009   |   Category: Contracts   |   State: Alabama   |   #18516

What Form Do I Need To Be an Exclusive Distributor of a Product?

Hello, My company is in texas and I am trying to set up some form of contract or agreement with another company in las vegas nevada. I need something to say that we are going to be the exclusive supplier of a speciffied product for a certain number of years and a 15% markup on every order not to exceed that amount. What type of form or contract will I need?

09/07/2009   |   Category: Contracts   |   State: Texas   |   #18474

What is the legal term for passing legal documents through the hands of potentially hostile person?

There is a legal term for passing legal documents through the hands of potentially hostile or incompetent individuals in sealed envelopes by passing Directly from legal rep hands--_ hostile/incompetent individual hands --_ final recipient hands. Since these documents were in the possession of the H/I individual, even momentarily, they are considered to have knolwedge and agree ...

07/23/2009   |   Category: Contracts   |   State: California   |   #17716

Is the payment to a surveyor at the time of land purchase considered a Fee?

07/11/2009   |   Category: Contracts   |   State: West Virginia   |   #17484

What is the Statute of Limitations for Breach of Contract in Ohio?

I received a letter from a doctor's office stating that they had conducted an audit and found an unpaid bill. The date of service was 15 February 2005. Am I still responsible to pay this bill? I live in Ohio.

06/30/2009   |   Category: Contracts   |   State: Ohio   |   #17272

Can I Bill My Franchisor For Time in Preparing Bid?

I OWN A LAWN CARE FRANCHISE. THE FRANCHISOR HIRED A SECRET SHOPPER TO REQUEST A LAWN CARE QUOTE FROM ME LOCALLY. I SPENT 1.5 HOURS DOING THE QUOTE ONLY TO FIND OUT LATER THAT IT WAS A SET UP TO SEE IF I PRESENTED MY QUOTE IN THE FASHION THEY WANTED. I BILLED THE LADY FOR MY LOSS OF TIME ONCE I KNEW IT WAS A BOGUS QUOTE. DO I HAVE THE RIGHT TO BILL HER AND DOES THE FRANCHISOR H...

06/23/2009   |   Category: Contracts   |   State: North Carolina   |   #17153

What are the requirements to sue in small claims court?

We hired a reccomended mover when we moved 15 miles to a new home. During the move a number of items disappeared and a $10,000 work of art was badly damaged. We told the mover we were only going to pay $1,000.00 of the $3,500.00 bill until we sorted this all out, 2 days later we were summoned to small claims court and we responded with a counter suit. When I interviewed the own...

06/08/2009   |   Category: Contracts   |   State: South Carolina   |   #16893

Can a seller cancel a purchase offer based on contingency if they get a better offer?

Can a seller go back and cancel a purchase agreement if the seller gets a better offer than the one on contingency from buyer?

05/30/2009   |   Category: Contracts   |   State: Nebraska   |   #16829