Contracts Legal Questions and Answers

Does a false down payment amount within a contract void the contract?

05/13/2017   |   Category: Contracts   |   State: Minnesota   |   #37122

After negotiating a new contract, can anything not negotiated be added to a contract without both parties.

After negotiating a new contract, can anything not negotiated be added to a contract without both parties agreement?

04/22/2017   |   Category: Contracts   |   State: New Jersey   |   #36123

Do I have to repay my ex-girlfriend for the gift of a motorcycle?

I have a motorcycle that was purchased for me by an Ex. I have title and vhehicle in my possesion. She is now wanting a payment for vehicle that has been in my posesion for over 1 year. Do i have to pay her, and if i do can i just give her the motorcylce back. The cost of the Motorcyle is 8000.00 there was never any contract agreement to payment.

03/10/2012   |   Category: Contracts   |   State: Florida   |   #25629

Can anything be done to ensure fair competition between unions on federal project?

If a government entity and a union association conspire to exclude another union on a federally funded project, what laws are broken?

05/19/2011   |   Category: Contracts   |   State: Pennsylvania   |   #24872

What Can I Do if a Lawyer Over bills Me?

I needed a contract form drawn up and the attorney I hired quoted a fee of $1,500 to do it. I just received his invoice for $4,400. What are my possible consumer protection remedies?

05/03/2011   |   Category: Contracts   |   State: Florida   |   #24773

Can I be bound to a purchase contract when it was sold to a company, rather than an individual as I expected?

I signed a property purchase agreement as seller. The buyer had not signed at the time. When he signed, instead of signing his name as expected, he signed a company LLC name. I objected, as I never intended or agreed to sell this property to a company. In fact the realtor described the buyer's intentions as 'to build a home for his family'. Now the buyer and realtor insist I'm ...

03/29/2011   |   Category: Contracts   |   State: Minnesota   |   #24525

How can I cancel and get a refund on a pre-need funeral - burial contract?

I have a contract with Greenlawn Cemetery, for preneed service. I have paid them as of now $616.00. I no longer can afford this, so I asked for my money to be returned, but they said they have a no refund policy. I was under the impression that the money was held in trust and was not the cemeteries money untill I used there services. Can they keep my money?

03/11/2011   |   Category: Contracts   |   State: Wisconsin   |   #24376

Can I File a Lien on a Home for Repairs I Made Before a Sale Was Closed?

I was a buyer in a short sale of a house. After the contract was written and submitted to the bank a pipe separated and did damage. So as not to cause further damage I had a Co come in and take care of the moisture and remove the carpets. In the mean time the first and second cannot agree, its over. Can I file a lien on the house to get my $1400 returned, ins won't pay?

02/23/2011   |   Category: Contracts   |   State: Arizona   |   #24280

Can late fees be charged to a LTL carrier who was late due to weather and prior stop times?

Can a LTL motor carrier be assessed late fees for deliveries to a consignee as we are not able to control weather traffic or prior stop times?

02/18/2011   |   Category: Contracts   |   State: Colorado   |   #24248

Do both parties have to sign a document for it to be valid?

Do both parties have to sign papers for it to be valid?

02/17/2011   |   Category: Contracts   |   State: Mississippi   |   #24247