Contracts Legal Questions and Answers

Do I have to repay my ex-girlfriend for the gift of a motorcycle?

I have a motorcycle that was purchased for me by an Ex. I have title and vhehicle in my possesion. She is now wanting a payment for vehicle that has been in my posesion for over 1 year. Do i have to pay her, and if i do can i just give her the motorcylce back. The cost of the Motorcyle is 8000.00 there was never any contract agreement to payment.

03/10/2012   |   Category: Contracts   |   State: Florida   |   #25629

Can anything be done to ensure fair competition between unions on federal project?

If a government entity and a union association conspire to exclude another union on a federally funded project, what laws are broken?

05/19/2011   |   Category: Contracts   |   State: Pennsylvania   |   #24872

What Can I Do if a Lawyer Over bills Me?

I needed a contract form drawn up and the attorney I hired quoted a fee of $1,500 to do it. I just received his invoice for $4,400. What are my possible consumer protection remedies?

05/03/2011   |   Category: Contracts   |   State: Florida   |   #24773

Can I be bound to a purchase contract when it was sold to a company, rather than an individual as I expected?

I signed a property purchase agreement as seller. The buyer had not signed at the time. When he signed, instead of signing his name as expected, he signed a company LLC name. I objected, as I never intended or agreed to sell this property to a company. In fact the realtor described the buyer's intentions as 'to build a home for his family'. Now the buyer and realtor insist I'm ...

03/29/2011   |   Category: Contracts   |   State: Minnesota   |   #24525

How can I cancel and get a refund on a pre-need funeral - burial contract?

I have a contract with Greenlawn Cemetery, for preneed service. I have paid them as of now $616.00. I no longer can afford this, so I asked for my money to be returned, but they said they have a no refund policy. I was under the impression that the money was held in trust and was not the cemeteries money untill I used there services. Can they keep my money?

03/11/2011   |   Category: Contracts   |   State: Wisconsin   |   #24376

Can I File a Lien on a Home for Repairs I Made Before a Sale Was Closed?

I was a buyer in a short sale of a house. After the contract was written and submitted to the bank a pipe separated and did damage. So as not to cause further damage I had a Co come in and take care of the moisture and remove the carpets. In the mean time the first and second cannot agree, its over. Can I file a lien on the house to get my $1400 returned, ins won't pay?

02/23/2011   |   Category: Contracts   |   State: Arizona   |   #24280

Can late fees be charged to a LTL carrier who was late due to weather and prior stop times?

Can a LTL motor carrier be assessed late fees for deliveries to a consignee as we are not able to control weather traffic or prior stop times?

02/18/2011   |   Category: Contracts   |   State: Colorado   |   #24248

Do both parties have to sign a document for it to be valid?

Do both parties have to sign papers for it to be valid?

02/17/2011   |   Category: Contracts   |   State: Mississippi   |   #24247

How is a Missing Term in a Contract Interpreted?

A contract we are bidding on issues an addendum prior to bid regarding the roofing work...it states in part the following ...any roofing modifications associated with this scope of work for this bid (i.e. penetrations, etc.) shall be coordinated with the County's Roofing Contractor in order not to void the existing roofing warranty.) We believe this implies the owner pays the c...

02/01/2011   |   Category: Contracts   |   State: Florida   |   #24131

Does a contractor breach his contract by failing to collect the deposit term specified?

If I signed a contact with a construction company and in their own contract one of the terms is they collect 10% upon signing and do not do so - did they breach the terms of their own contract?

12/29/2010   |   Category: Contracts   |   State: Arizona   |   #23903