Criminal » Expungement of Criminal Records Legal Questions & Answers

How do I go about getting a pardon from the Governor’s office for conviction of family viol...

How do I go about getting a pardon from the Governor’s office for conviction of family violence that happened ten years ago?

02/01/2007 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » TX  #918
When is a person eligible to have his federal criminal record expunged?

What federal crimes can be expunged, or, in other words, when is a person eligible to have his federal criminal record expunged?

02/01/2007 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » US  #1126
What are the requirements to have a felony removed from my record?

I was convicted of a felony when I was 22 years old. I have been trying to obtain a real estate license and due to my criminal record I am unable to. I am trying to find out if I can have this conviction removed from my record.

02/01/2007 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » NC  #1374
Can a general manager open US Mail that is addressed to an employee?

02/08/2007 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » PA  #509
What steps are needed to expunge my records in Wisconsin?

02/12/2007 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » WI  #670

1. What is an expungement?
The process of legally destroying, obliterating or striking ou...

What form do I need to expunge my felony record so I could start my life again?

02/14/2007 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » MI  #700
If you have had your record expunged, can you own a firearm for career purposes?

If you have had your record expunged, can you own a firearm for career purposes? What if you were charged years ago with domestic violence and no weapon was involved?

03/02/2007 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » CA  #785

An expungement is the process of legally destroying, obliterating or striking out records or...

I saw nothing of how to "expunge" arrest records. When you are not found guilty, can the case make as much trouble as being convicted for robbery?

03/15/2007 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » AL  #1454

An expungement under Wisconsin Statutes § 973.015 is discretionary with the court unl...

What are the proper steps to take when trying to get a record expunged?

03/19/2007 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » ALL  #1736
How do I have a charge removed from my record that old?

Is there a form to fill out to petition the court to drop a battery charge that is actually nine years old?

03/29/2007 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » KS  #2314
If something is expunged from your criminal record, what happens to it?

If one was arrested in Illinois but not convicted and expungement was granted, would that seal that part of the FBI file that was created? Also, it happened 20 years ago and the state of Illinois seems to have no record of it, is it still possible to have it expunged?

03/30/2007 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » IL  #2379
Where can I find a form for a motion to dismiss felony charge?

I need to find a form for motion to dismiss felony charge.

04/04/2007 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » LA  #2617
If I was a minor convicted of disorderly conduct, could that affect me becoming a police officer?

If you are a minor and was convicted of disorderly conduct, will that hurt you thru life at getting a job or going into the police force?

04/12/2007 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » PA  #3014
How can I get an old felony expunged?

How can I get an old felony expunged ? Is there a form? What are the steps ?

04/17/2007 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » OK  #3139
How do I find out if I have a conviction or a criminal record?

How do I find out if I have a conviction or a criminal record? I was in trouble in 1986 and plead no contest it was misdemeanor petty theft and I believe it was a suspended 5 year sentence.

05/04/2007 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » CA  #3717
How long will a misdimeanor charge stay on my police record?

Can you tell me how long a misdimeanor charge will stay on my police record? For instance, a larceny in the sixth degree.

05/21/2007 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » CT  #5507
When will a felony DUI come off of my record?

Does a DUI felony fall off, or do I need to do something to get it off my record? I would like to hunt this year.

09/19/2007 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » KS  #8878
Is there a time frame in how much time you have to get your record expunged?

Is there a time frame in how much time you have to get your record expunged? For example if the felony charge was convicted a year ago, how long do you have to wait till you can start expunging procedures? Is there also an expiration date of too many years gone by that it is to...

10/19/2007 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » PA  #10586
Where can I find the form to have my criminal record expunged?

WHERE CAN I FIND THE FORM FOR APPLICATION FOR CERTIFICATION OF ELIGIBILITY TO EXPUNGE MY COURT RECORDS?

10/25/2007 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » FL  #10975
I was convicted of shoplifting, a fine was paid and probation served, can my record me cleared?

10/26/2007 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » PA  #11035
What are the requirements for having your criminal record expunged?

I was arrested 3 times total, once for public intox and twice for OWI in the state of Indiana. I was 19 years old at the time of all 3 arrests. I signed a plea agreement, resulting in only one OWI being recorded on my record. I am now 24, a full time student with a 4.0 GPA and...

10/31/2007 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » IN  #11362
What are the possiblities of having a federal criminal offense expunged from one's record?

What are the possiblities of having a federal criminal offense expunged from one's record? The offense in question, would be "Possession of LSD" where the federal conviction was in the state of Kentucky in 6/1999. What is the recourse for alleviating this matter?

11/02/2007 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » KY  #11489
Would I be able to remove an arrest from my record after my court supervision?

Would I be able to remove an arrest from my record after my court supervision? This happened last november. I pleaded guilty but was not convicted because I finished the court supervision. It was for retail theft.

11/08/2007 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » IL  #11903
What are the requirements to have my criminal record expunged?

I need to have my felony removed. I believe in 2002 I had a charge "possession of marijuana manufacture and delivering with intent to distribute" I would like my life back its been some years now and I can not get a job or do so many things I love and need to do in order to surv...

11/09/2007 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » MI  #11966
Process of Filing for Amnesty in Ohio

My son-in-law was convicted of a felony in the state of Ohio for stealing a four wheeler and served three months in an Ohio prison. He is 24 now and living in Arkansas where everyone hunts and would like to go with the family, but he is a felon. How can he file for amnesty?

11/11/2007 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » AR  #12043
What are the requirements to have my criminal record expunged for employment purposes?

I am a senior in college who will be graduating soon and applying for jobs. I am concerned that my record will be a burden for me if the jobs I'm applying for require a background check. I have an OWI 2nd offense and a public intoxication on my record. Do I have any chance at e...

11/13/2007 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » IA  #12171
How do I get my criminal record expunged?

I was charged with a number of different felonies and misdemeanors, yet I only pled guilty to one, at this point I am unemployable because all of the other charges still come back on my background check. Can I have my record expunged, if not can I have the original charges expung...

11/14/2007 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » PA  #12222
How do I get my record expunged for something I did years ago as a minor?

11/15/2007 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » MO  #12318
How can my husband have his crimnial record from 15 years ago expunged?

My husband was convicted of B&E when he was sixteen years old. He pulled his time and got out on parole/probation. He was catching chickens for a living when he got out of prison and his probation officer came and picked him up and sent him back to prison because he said that...

11/22/2007 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » NC  #12692
If case was dismissed, how long does the defendant have to wait before he can request an expungement

If a misdemeanor case was dismissed, how long does the defendant have to wait before he/she can request for expungement? And how long does an expungement take with the help of a lawyer?

11/26/2007 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » TX  #12886

I was convicted of a misdemeanor theft charge in 2003 -- Codes CC3921A (Theft by Unlawful Taking or Disposition -- Disposition Unreported) and CC3922A1 (Theft by Deception -- Plead Guilty, County Probation, 2 yrs, Fines and Costs). I served out my probation & had paid restit...

11/27/2007 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » PA  #12900
Can a federal felony charge be expunged?

If a person was convicted in Mississippi of a federal Felony in the US 5th District Court can he qualify for an expungement or restoration of rights? If so, what form do he needs to fill out to get started.

12/27/2007 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » MS  #14298
How Can I Get A Felony DWI Conviction Expunged In New Mexico

Is it possible to have a DWI felony conviction in New Mexico expunged? How long would it take? The arrest was in 1992.

12/10/2008 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » NV  #14781
Is Probation before Judgement Public Record?

I was recently denied employment because I had a Probation Before Judgment (in 2003) on a record background check. I thought this was a Non Public Record and was it proper for them to use this as a reason to not hire me.

12/16/2008 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » GA  #14819
What can I do to have my criminial record expunged?

I was convicted of a 5th degree felony in 1999 which was possession of drugs. I am looking to get this expunged to further my career. However, I have been convicted of two misdemeanor DUI's (alcohol-related. I haven't used drugs in years). My most recent DUI was on June 21, 2...

01/09/2009 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » OH  #14960
How Do You Have Your Criminal Record Expunged?

How do you get something taken off your record after the time given by the court?

01/12/2009 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » OR  #14972
How can a person get his criminal record expunged in the state of Pennsylvania?

Can a person get his/her criminal record expunged in the state of Pennsylvania?

01/25/2009 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » PA  #15064
How can I get a 20 year charge expunged from my record?

When I was 23, I was convicted of shoplifting (a misdemeanor). This was over 20 years ago in Alabama. Since then I have no convictions. Can this be expunged and how do I start the process?

01/27/2009 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » TN  #15075
What are the requirements to have my record expunged?

A few years ago, I got a harassment charge which I plead guilty to. It was domestic related and very unfair. I plead guilty because I was embarrassed and I did not want to tell my story. I didn't realize how it would affect my life. I am a nurse and did not think about job ap...

01/29/2009 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » PA  #15098
If you plead nolo contender can you get charges expunged?

If you pled guilty conditionally under TCA 40-35-313 nolo contender, can you get charges expunged?

02/23/2009 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » TN  #15338
What are the requirements for a criminal expungement for a crime over thirty-eight years old?

In 1969, I was an enlisted man in the U.S. ARMY posted at Fort Benning, GA. I was charged with armed robbery. I sat in the Miskogee County jail for nine months awaiting my hearing. At that point, I was approached by a military lawyer and was advised to take a guilty plea. I w...

02/24/2009 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » FL  #15351
Expungement of Mental Illness Hospitalization Records in Ohio

I was taken by police to the Mental Health wing of a hospital for evaluation in the fall of 2005. I was not accused of any crime. However, I've discovered that a record exists of the incident. It is now more than 3 years since the incident and I would like to remove the records. ...

02/25/2009 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » OH  #15357
Expungment of Deferred Adjudication After A Sealed Record Granted in Florida

I have had one case sealed in Florida in 2003 for a misdemeanor charge. It is my understanding in Florida you can only get one case sealed in a life time. I have one more case and would like to get it sealed also due to the fact that I cannot get a job. Is there anything I can do...

03/03/2009 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » FL  #15425
If I was adjudicated of a crime will hit still show on my criminal record in a background search?

In 1990 I had a felony case where the judge withheld adjudication. I now need to be fingerprinted with a background check for a teaching position for Lee County Schools- will this show up on a fingerprint and backround criminal check?

03/04/2009 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » FL  #15437
What is required to have a DWI from 1983 expunged from my record?

Is it possible to expunge a 1983 arrest for DWI (with no conviction record) from a person's record?

03/07/2009 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » NY  #15478
What aer the Requirements for Expungement of a Federal Offense?

I have recently read where a federal conviction can be expunged from your record if you complete one year of community service. Is this correct?

03/17/2009 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » FL  #15657
How do I get my criminal record expunged in Texas for employment purposes?

Can you help someone that has been wrongfully arrested, 5 bogus charges thrown at them due to personality conflict with cop. I was wrongfully jailed, re-jailed for failure to appear for same 5 bogus charges. No court date was ever set; yet, court says you plead out when you didn...

03/19/2009 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » TX  #15686
Expungment of Deferred Adjudication in Massachusetts

About 2 years ago, I was arraigned for a drug charge for possession class B. My lawyer was able to get me a Continuance Without a Finding and I was given 1 year probation. I saw the probation officer about every 2 weeks and at the end of the year, my probation was terminated, an...

03/19/2009 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » MA  #15694
How would my son get his criminal record expunged?

My son was charged with felony Burglary in the First Degree in Iowa but plead guilty to aggravated misdemeanor for punching fellow who slept with his wife. Any hope of expunging the felony charge?

03/20/2009 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » IA  #15701
Will I be denied a real estate license for a post conviction of assault?

I have a class A assault-bodily injury conviction. I am in college to get a Real Estate license. Will I be able to get my license?

03/21/2009 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » TX  #15708
How do I get a domestic violence charge expunged from my record?

I need to know how to get a domestic violence charge from 1997 expunged from record.

03/21/2009 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » GA  #15712
What can I do to have a DUI expunged from DAC report in California?

I got a 23152(a) on 6/15/2001 dismissed on 8/15/2001 and put on my USIS (DAC report). I need to get this expunged off my record. Is this possible? I understand it does not come off my driving record but it would come off my DAC report. How long would this take and what would the ...

04/02/2009 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » CA  #15850
Is there any was to have a traffic ticket expunged from my record?

I have a Pennsylvania CDL drivers license. About nine years ago I received a ticket for leaving the scene of an accident. I scraped a traffic light while making a turn. I did not know I did it, but a city worker witnessed it and called police. There was no damage to my trailer an...

04/02/2009 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » PA  #15852
How can I get a 23 year old conviction off my criminal record?

I got into a disagreement with an ex-boyfriend about 23 years ago when I loaned him $300.00 to make a car payment and he did not pay me back. So I took the $300.00 from him and he filed charges against me. When I went to court, I told them the truth and what happened. As such,...

04/09/2009 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » GA  #15943
Do I have to disclose my teen criminal record when applying for employment?

I had a violation at 16 years old in New York, which was recently sealed. I previously lied about my age and had forgotten about it. Until a background check was done and it came up. It is now sealed after 3 years of working on it. I am 44 years old now and a registered nurse wi...

04/19/2009 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » CT  #16045
What can I do to have my record expunged or corrected since the charges are incorrect?

Can a record be expunged if the charges on the record are not accurately stated? This is causing conflict with me pursuing a better job offer. I was charged in Manchester, TN (federal offense) but now reside in Alabama. I was sentenced out of the Southern district of TN. I am ...

04/27/2009 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » AL  #16142
How would I have my record expunged in Texas?

After being convicted of theft in 1990 and restitution completed, is it possible to get rights restored? It was a due to a business dispute in another county.

04/29/2009 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » TX  #16472
Can you have a criminal record expunged if you admit to the crime?

If a teacher is facing charges by Principal and/or School board and they give teacher the option of signing to guilty as charged and resigning. Can this charge be purged from teachers records. This teacher is being tried and convicted with a gag law and without the means to p...

05/04/2009 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » AZ  #16566
How would my son go about getting his juvenile criminal record expunged?

I have read your list of reasons a juvenile's record can be expunged. My son pled guilty to a DUI vehicular homicide that occurred when he was 20 (a downtown restaurant served liquor illegally to minors at a university's fraternity party). He was sentenced to 10 years, 9 suspen...

05/05/2009 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » MS  #16594
How would someone get their criminal record expunged in Florida?

About 5 1/2 years ago my son-in-law was caught with a small amount of marijuana. The State of Florida entered a NOLLE PROSEQUI/NO INFORMATION (DISMISSAL) dismissing all charges due to 1K Completed Deferred Prosecution. He and my daughter are now trying to rent an apartment and ...

05/13/2009 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » FL  #16659
What form do I use to request a pardon from the Board of Paroles?

05/19/2009 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » CA  #16717
How would I have my juvenile criminal record expunged?

When my cousin was 14 years old, she got caught shoplifting. She is now 30 and works for an air line where she is always flying internationally. When she comes back, she is always pulled aside for an investigation check. Is there any solution to erase this record and avoid this s...

06/07/2009 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » CA  #16891
How Do I Expunge Dropped Charges in Massachusetts?

I have a warrant on my record from June 4, 2007. The warrant was for a bogus assault and battery charge claimed by my underage son. The charges were dropped but I would like the charge expunged from my record and I want to know how long it will take for the process and can it b...

06/10/2009 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » MA  #16928
How Do I Expunge a Minor's Record in Nebraska?

My daughter received an MIP in February 2009 and completed diversion in May 2009. Can we get the record expunged? And, how soon?

06/23/2009 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » NE  #17150
Do I Need to Disclose Criminal Expungement for Broker License in Tennessee

In September 2006, I was arrested and charged with theft of property, public intoxication and fleeing. I hired a lawyer and entered a plea of 'not guilty'. My lawyer reached a deal in which I was to be placed on probation for 1 year and pay some fees. Then, after successful compl...

06/24/2009 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » TN  #17177
Can a Felony be Expunged in California?

My daughter had a felony (theft) in California 7 years ago. Can she have it expunged as Bill Handle as the law purportedly said? She currently resides in Tucson.

06/29/2009 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » AZ  #17236
Can I Have A Battery Charge Expunged in Georgia?

I have a battery charge from 2001; can it be removed from my record?

07/01/2009 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » GA  #17291
How Long Does a Criminal Charge Stay on My Record?

I was charged with assault; how long will it be on my record and what does that actually mean?

07/02/2009 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » KY  #17315
How Do I Get Records Expunged in Tennessee?

In 1989, I was arrested on false charges and received a disposition of 'no bill'. The courts failed to enter the disposition to GCIC. Almost 20 years later, the disposition is being entered solely because I requested it. Is this something that I can get expunged or is it automati...

07/06/2009 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » TN  #17363
How can I get expungement of criminal record for a misdemeanor in North Dakota?

What is the process of getting a class B misdemeanor in North Dakota expunged off my record? It happened in Jan. 2009.

01/13/2011 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » ND  #24003
How Do I Expunge a Criminal Charge in Georgia?

What law can the DA use to get a misdemeanor charge expunged when the charge is initiated by the solicitors office?

02/01/2011 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » GA  #24127
How Long Will Dismissed Charges Appear in an Employment Background Check?

If I was charged with a criminal offense and charges were dismissed with prejudice, and not in exchange for a guilty plea to another offense, but not formally expunged, how long will the charge show up on a criminal background check (employment)?

02/08/2011 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » MI  #24181
Do I Have to Disclose an Expunged Conviction in a Nursing License Application?

Applying for a Massachusetts Nursing License, on the form it asks, 'Have you ever been conviceted of a felony or misdemeanor in the U.S or any other country?' Ten years ago I had a shoplifting-misdemeanor charge expunged in the state of RI. Do I need to disclose this?

03/02/2011 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » MA  #24326
Can I Get a Misdemeanor Larcency Charge Expunged in North Carolina?

I have a Misdemenaor Larceny charge that was plead down from a felony offense. My questions is I live in NC and I am 37 years old and would like to know if I would be eligible to have this expunged from my record, it was a first and last tiime offense. I paid my restitution and...

03/15/2011 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » NC  #24409
Can I Get a Department of Childrens' Services Order of Child Abuse Expunged?

In February 2007, a final order of child abuse was issued against me. As a result, my teacher Tennessee license were revoked, based on that ruling. My question is: can the DCS order be expunged and if so could my teacher license be reinstated?

03/22/2011 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » TN  #24457
Can a Felony Drug Conviction be Expunged in Virginia?

i have a felony drug possession, from 1998, in the state of virginia. Can i have this removed from public view so I can find a place to live..

04/19/2011 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » VA  #24675
Can a Past Employer Tell Prospective Employers Not to Hire Me?

I was seventeen years old when i got arrested for a simpel burglary charge. this took place in nineteen eighty seven. i served three years probation and my parole officer told me after i completed my term i could check no on the application. I tried that but didnt work, so later ...

04/29/2011 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » LA  #24751
Can a Real Estate Commission See an Expunged or Sealed Criminal Record?

I had a criminal record in Ohio which has been ssealed about 20 years ago. I am now looking to get a Wisconsin Real Estate License. Will the Department of Licensing in Wisconsin or my employer be able to see my sealed record?

05/18/2011 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » WI  #24866
Can my son get record of sex offense committed at age 16?

My son was tried as a Junvenile, in Jefferson County, and entered into a plea bargain that if he did good on his probabtion, everything would be go away. He was accused of raping a girl, who was 14 and he was barely 16 at the time. He did not have sex ual intercourse with this gi...

05/19/2011 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » OR  #24873
How Do I Get a DUI Off My Record in Michigan?

I need help To find out what form I need to go in front of the judge to try and get this dui off my record

06/02/2011 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » MI  #24949
How Can I Get a Record Expunged in North Carolina?

I live in North Carolina. I was convicted for shoplifting in 2009. I have applied for an expungement, but haven't heard anything yet What I want to know is this: after my record is exponged, will it still be visible when a potential employer does a background check. I did the Fir...

06/09/2011 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » NC  #24998
Can I Get a DWI Arrest Expunged in Texas?

How do I get a DWI arrest that went to trial, and was later dismissed off my crimanal hjistory record?

07/05/2011 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » TX  #25141
How Do I Seal Records in Colorado After Completing Probation??

I have a felony class 2 for forgery from 7 1/2 years ago. I completed my probation and have never had any issues since then. Is there any possible way for me to either seal or expunge my felony? I have a family of 5 and I am trying to continue to grow my career. I just fear this ...

08/24/2011 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » CO  #25396
How Do I Expunge an Acquitaal in Arkansas?

I have and recieved a court ordered of expungement from the curciut judge Iwas found not guilty of charges by jury trail this is the only charges that have ever been on record. Ark Code 16-90-906&16-90-901 says that I have the right to say that it never happened. but It show...

02/09/2012 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » AR  #25612
Can Burglary Convictions be Expunged in Oregon after 23 Years?

can i expunge a 28 year old burg.2 conviction in oregon

04/06/2012 | Category » Expungement of Criminal Records  State » OR  #25649