Criminal Legal Questions and Answers

If forgery-utter is changed to a traffic violation with 2yrs. probation is that a felony?

If the court dropped my husbands forgery-utter to a traffic violation with 2 yrs.probation is that a felony this happened 10 yrs.ago trying 2 get into hud

03/08/2017   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: New York   |   #33610

Can writing with your finger in dust on an object, (i.e. a car window) be considered defacing property?

03/08/2017   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: Illinois   |   #33607

If we ever see poaching happening what should we do? Do we confront the person what is the best choice.

03/08/2017   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: Iowa   |   #33592

If I get a 2nd degree felony adjudication withheld can I own a firearm after probation?

I got a vehicular homicide 2nd degree felony charge in FL but I got adjudication withheld and I also got a downward departure so I didn't do any jail time. When I'm off probation will I be able to own a firearm?

02/19/2017   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: Florida   |   #32451

Court cases about hands of one is the hands of all in South Carolina?

court cases about hands of one is the hands of all. were the defendant wins

02/04/2017   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: South Carolina   |   #31534

In a rape case, can I allege that my boyfriend had sex with me by fraud, by making false promises of marriage?

I am living in the state of Tennessee. My boyfriend proposed me for marriage last month, as we were planning to get married by the end of this year. After proposing me for marriage, my boyfriend asked me to have sexual relations with him on many occasions, to which I consented believing that he would marry me. However, now my boyfriend wants to break up with me for no valid re...

12/20/2016   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: Tennessee   |   #28446

Can a complaint be filed against a husband for marital rape?

My Husband and I live in New York. We are on the verge of our divorce. Because there is no intimacy between the both of us, last week he forced himself on me and had sex with me without my consent. Can I file a complaint against my husband for rape?

12/14/2016   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: New York   |   #28074

Can a person be convicted for abetting a rape?

My friend and I live in California. Last week, my friend told me that he wants to take revenge from his ex-girlfriend. So, he asked his friend to intoxicate her, force himself on her, hurt her and have sex with her. Because I do not want her to suffer, I would like to file a complaint against him for abatement of rape. What will be the punishment given to him?

12/14/2016   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: California   |   #28073

Can a person be convicted for rape by duress?

I am 25 years old living in California. I work in a real estate company. My boss threatened me that if I do not have sex with him, he will fire me and will make sure that I do not get a job anywhere else. I had no choice but to agree to have sex with him. Can I complain against him for rape?

12/05/2016   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: California   |   #27514

How Do I Handle a Criminal Charge in Another State?

Just a few minutes ago, I signed a certified letter from a Justice of The Peace in Battle Mountain, NV.I am summoned to appear before the JOP, and cannot go to this location (Nevada) to apparently answer a 'Battery' charge from some woman who I do not know, and have never met.

05/14/2012   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: Georgia   |   #25672