Criminal Legal Questions and Answers

Who Does the Prosecutor Represent in a Criminal Case?

The People will not bring additional charges..taken from a plea agreement what constitutes the people

07/06/2011   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: Michigan   |   #25145

Can person who tried to deposit a counterfeit check be guilty of a crime?

how can someone makes a deposit for a company and the check was counterfiet ,and the preson that made the deposit name isn't on that business account be arrested when the owner sign the back of the check and ask him to make the deposit

04/29/2011   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: Maryland   |   #24745

What is the Penalty for Felony Welfare Fraud?

i am being charged with welfare fraud,(7200.00) if found guilty what is my punishment. I have never been in troubled with the law before. please help

04/28/2011   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: Texas   |   #24738

How Does the Federal Indictment Process Work?

arrested for trafficking a large amount posted bail , waiting to be indicted and the federal courts were going to pick up the case when will they do this and will they re-arrest and will there be another bond set ?

04/07/2011   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: Kentucky   |   #24586

Can I Be in Trouble for Someone Else Selling Drugs on My Property?

If a customer is at my restaurant , and is arrested for selling illegal drugs on my property am I in legal trouble ?

02/08/2011   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: Florida   |   #24178

When Do the Police Have to Tell You the Charges Against You?

district attorney claims i violated a restraining order and arrested me i asked what i did but all they would say is that we will have a plea bargin for you

01/29/2011   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: Colorado   |   #24111

Who can be charged with statutory rape in California?

My 17 yr old Granddaughterjust had a baby ,boyfriend is 21 can he be charged with a crime in Ca She did not admit he was the father for fear of him being charged, But he us around and want to be there for the baby like so many is unimployed

09/10/2009   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: California   |   #18561

What is the Statute of Limitations for Assault in Georgia?

I was assaulted 3 yrs ago by my supposed best friend/next door neighbor. I never pressed charges and regret it every day. I did go to the hospital for injuries. The problem occurung now is we have both moved but still own our condos (both have beeen renting out). I have decided to live at my condo on a part time basis and am petrified to run in to her.. We also both work fo...

09/06/2009   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: Georgia   |   #18460

Am I Required to Tell Police I May Know Someone with Information About a Crime?

recently four prostitutes were murdered in my area, i happened to know a few prostitues, but am unaware of them knowing anything about the recent murders, am i legally required to tell the police about the prostitutes i know, could i be in trouble if they were involved, even though all i knew is that they were prostitutes,

09/05/2009   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: New Jersey   |   #18455

Is an Attempted Crime the Same as the Underlying Crime in Disqualifying Me for Employment?

I am getting a background and criminal check from the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation to work as a cook in an elderly care facility and under senate bill 160 no one is eligible if they have been convicted of aggravated menacing. I have not been convicted of aggravated menacing but have been convicted of attempted aggravated menacing. Will this, under Oh...

07/21/2009   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: Ohio   |   #17697