Criminal Legal Questions and Answers

Can I Charge a Fee for Hosting Swinger Parties in Massachusetts?

I have been thinking of opening a swinger party business. I have been looking at other peoples' swinger parties. While looking I found one that was interesting. The owner said that he hired attractive females the ATTEND his parties (and only that). He said whether they had sexual relations or who they had sexual relations with was there choice. He charges all the customers atte...

04/11/2010   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: Massachusetts   |   #21747

What Charges may be Brought if My Son Brings an Underage Girl Across State Lines?

My 18 year old son brought home his 17 year old girlfriend without any of the parents knowing. they did cross state lines. She lives in Maine we live in New Jersey.

04/10/2010   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: New Jersey   |   #21736

What Does a Menacing Charge Mean in Ohio?

In the state of Ohio, what would the charge of MENACING M4 2903-22 ORCN MEAN?

04/06/2010   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: Indiana   |   #21698

Who is Eligible for Drug Court in Illinois?

If you have a criminal history , can you still qualify for drug court?

03/16/2010   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: Illinois   |   #21418

Am I Guilty of Harboring a Fugitive if I Know the Person Failed to Appear in Court?

If a person failed to appear in criminal court in Baltimore County (MD)in 2005 for posing as a contractor without a license and failure to complete contract and a warrant was issued, am I breaking any laws by letting him stay at my house?

03/13/2010   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: Maryland   |   #21381

Can a Prisoner in California Get Methadone Treatment?

In California, what happens if you are in a methadone program and are incarcerated? How (or is) accommodated?

03/07/2010   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: California   |   #21279

Can A Defendant in a Rape Case Make a Motion for a Mental Evaluation of a Witness?

In a criminal rape case where the perpetrator had a hearing to see if the mother of the child victim to ask the court to have the mother evaluated to see if she is sane, seeing that she will be the only one testifying against the perpetrator.

02/25/2010   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: South Dakota   |   #21165

Is Possessing Marijuana and Weapons a Felony in Missouri?

I was pulled over and arrested in MO and I had less than half an ounce of marijuana, a legal firearm, brass knuckles,butterfly knife, drug paraphernalia,and a military issue smoke grenade. Am I faceing felony charges?

02/11/2010   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: Missouri   |   #20924

Is Buying Cigarettes a Criminal Offense in New Jersey?

Is buying cigarettes for a minor a crime in NJ that produces a criminal record?

01/10/2010   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: New Jersey   |   #20363

Can I Be Put in Jail for a Probation Violation?

I am currently on probation and have been charged with another crime. My Probation Officer is trying to decide if he will take me back to court on violation or not, and the person who charged me now wants to drop the charges... will have to go to jail if my probation officer takes me back to court on violation?

12/14/2009   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: North Carolina   |   #20060