Criminal Legal Questions and Answers

What is the Penalty for Felony Welfare Fraud?

i am being charged with welfare fraud,(7200.00) if found guilty what is my punishment. I have never been in troubled with the law before. please help

04/28/2011   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: Texas   |   #24738

How Does the Federal Indictment Process Work?

arrested for trafficking a large amount posted bail , waiting to be indicted and the federal courts were going to pick up the case when will they do this and will they re-arrest and will there be another bond set ?

04/07/2011   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: Kentucky   |   #24586

Can I Be Not Guilty of Shoplifting Due to Mental Illness?

can I use mental illness or defect for misdemenor shop lifting. I have Two mental diseases

02/12/2011   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: Tennessee   |   #24213

Can I Be in Trouble for Someone Else Selling Drugs on My Property?

If a customer is at my restaurant , and is arrested for selling illegal drugs on my property am I in legal trouble ?

02/08/2011   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: Florida   |   #24178

Can I Sue My Daughter for Not Paying Back Money She Borrowed From Me?

my daughter ripped me off by 7000.00 signing contracts, and promising to pay me off with student loan and income tax. now she is going to file bankrupcy and put me down as a debtor. she deceived me and will cause me to file bankrupcy. what is my legal recourse? isn't this theft by deception?

02/07/2011   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: Georgia   |   #24173

When Do the Police Have to Tell You the Charges Against You?

district attorney claims i violated a restraining order and arrested me i asked what i did but all they would say is that we will have a plea bargin for you

01/29/2011   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: Colorado   |   #24111

How Do I File Criminal Charges Against the Plaintiff's Attorney?

How do I file a criminal complaint against Plantiff's Attorney

11/16/2010   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: Georgia   |   #23645

What Can I Do if My Employer is Threatening to Harm Me if I Don't Reveal Private Information?

I am currently working in Hawaii in an establishment where some recent ownership transfers have allowed a person of questionable character to seize control. I have been inadvertently, by reason of position in the company, become the target of this person for the information I refuse to divulge which does not have bearing on my position in the company. This information is privat...

11/14/2010   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: Hawaii   |   #23639

is it Kidnapping to Pick Up a Child From His Home at the Child's Request?

If both you and ex-wife are co-guardians of a 19 year old son with a disability and you go to the home where he resides with his mother because he asked you to pick him up, is it legal to be given a summons for abduction when he walked out of mother's house of his own volition? His mother is a detective on the County Sheriff's Department and there is NO restraining order agains...

11/03/2010   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: Virginia   |   #23550

What kind of sentence is a person facing for specific charges related to meth?

The person who was charged actually lives in another state, the offence was committed in PA.... just wondering what kind of sentencing 1 / Conspiracy - Operating a methamphetamine lab Waived for Court (Lower Court) F2 18_903__C2 / Operating a methamphetamine lab Waived for Court (Lower Court) F2 35_780-113.4__A13 / Manuf/Del/Poss/W Int Manuf Or Del Waiv...

10/29/2010   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: West Virginia   |   #23515